If You Could Own Just Three Motorcycles....

1: the new Honda Super Cub.
2: CRF 250L .
The rest of my needs are all perfectly fulfilled by my CB....Just a moment. Is Honda X-ADV considered as a motorcycle or as a scooter ? Can I have this also, please?
I test ride one and I'm thrilled. Such a nice motorcycle...o...sorry i mean scooter...:excited:
 
Is cost no object?

If so:
1. 2014 CB1100 <-- 1/3 of the way there
2. late model S1000R <-- track day annihilator
3. late model HD Dyna <-- classic cruiser (latest model before discontinuation)
 
This was an easy one.....

#3. 2013 V Star 1300 Deluxe
There are times when riding a bagger on a bright sunny day
with the music cranked just works!
#2. 2014 Honda CB1100 Deluxe
A gorgeous classic where riding it is secondary.
#1. 2016 Suzuki VStrom 650
Most complete bike I've ever owned, the pickup truck of bikes.
 
Since we are dreaming....

1) '14 CB1100 DLX
2) '17 HD Road King Special (the matte finish with black looks way better than chrome and tassels)
3) I dig me some V-twin super sports for the track or spirited rides (one from this list TBD): Honda RC51, KTM RC8R, EBR 1190RX or anything with the word "Panigale" in its name.
 
Pretty easy since the 3rd garage currently has 3 bikes ...

ac15eb5300a52c77002dc1d768dc3997.jpg
 
Easy for me.

My current 2013 CB1100
My current 1976 GL1000 Gold Wing
Ducati ST4 (had one and wish I never sold it)
 
The ones I already own as they are: a
CB1100 2013, a W800 2011 and an Enfield Chrom Classic 2016.

I know why I bought these different aircooled bikes, all of a soon lost art.

Wisedrum
 
1. 2014 Honda CB1100 DLX
2. 2002 Honda CB750 Nighthawk
3. 2018 Triumph Bonneville T120 Cranberry Red and Aluminum Silver with hand painted coach lines. And wonderful choices of 150 + accessories to pick from.
 
1. Honda CBF1000F
2. ---
3. ---

One man - one motorcycle. :cool:


Well, if I had to, I would add a Fireblade for speed and a SR500 for a pure ride just with a kick start.

:beerchug:
 
RockHop_imp said:
Pretty easy since the 3rd garage currently has 3 bikes ...

ac15eb5300a52c77002dc1d768dc3997.jpg
I had no idea that there was a Montessa/Honda trials bike (not that I keep up with it all that much) — pretty wild How long have those been around? I know a guy down in Austin that rides trials. He restored an old KT250 a few years ago that looked like it turned out really slick. I must admit that Kawasaki green looked particularly good on that bike.
 
johnf514_imp said:
Is cost no object?

If so:
1. 2014 CB1100 <-- 1/3 of the way there
2. late model S1000R <-- track day annihilator
3. late model HD Dyna <-- classic cruiser (latest model before discontinuation)
very similar...

14 cb1100 standard - got it

18 FXLR - got it

17 gsxr 1000 in track configuration - want it!!!
 
If they were obtainable and in this order:

1) the old BMW airhead my maternal grandfather rode to work each and every day back in the old country when I was a small child growing up. I can still hear it reverberating across the cobblestone streets of our village. He was paid on Fridays and all his grandkids (I and four cousins) would go running down the street once we heard it in the distance knowing he had a candy bar for each of us in his jacket pockets.

2) Any bike that Evel Knievel jumped with.

3) don't really need a 3rd bike if I had those two.

If I could only have 3 in my garage and money mattered (which it does):

1) HD XR1200 (which I have)

2) CB1100 (which I have)

3) An ADV bike...the new Guzzi V85 or something in that range, pref at or under 500 pounds wet...A Guzzi Stornello would be an option if I could haul enough gear on it.

If cost were no object:

1) a very high end custom build big block Guzzi café

2) a very high end custom build 883 based Sportster Enduro/Scrambler

3) totally optioned out naked Gold Wing custom build from the last model 13/14/15/16/17 years.

All three bikes would have polished aluminum tanks. The café and scrambler would have red frames. all bikes would have round headlamps and brown leather seats
 
Sitting on three now, would like to get down to two but I keep looking for a forth. :(

CB1100, well you all know why on this one
Moto Guzzi Griso; rode her for the first time in months today (had to burn off some old gas and refresh it). I love it, I hate it, after today I'll keep it. For now. It's the Tenni green Griso, tough one to give up.
2008 XR650L, Been a royal PITA to keep but it may finally be sorted now. Another 700 miles will tell. Just put some Avon Trailriders (I'm staying off dirt for a spell, we'll see how long that lasts). It's tall, it's light, it's a big thumper; pretty much the opposite of the CB and just a hoot to ride. I have so much money into her (and only 4400 miles, bought new in 2010) I'm going to have to keep her a LONG time to amortize the investment.

But let's pretend that I have to refresh the list (churn the butter so to speak), then I'd get:
2017 CB1100 - cause you guys say it's a whole new bike (hey, it's on the Internet so it must be true!)
Africa Twin
GB500, or some other single.
 
My 2014 CB1100 std

BMW K1600 GT (working on it)

Suzuki Hayabusa/GSX1300R....don't know anything about them but that they look really cool and like they would go really fast ;-) Maybe one of those extended single swing arm jobs with nitrous just for over the top/ over kill.

 
Thread starter
LOL, offroad. Interesting 3rd pick.

Make sure you wear a flat-billed ball cap when you're in Berea.
 
1. CB1100
2. Z900RS (hope to get one this year).
3. CB400SF (not likely, unless I move to Asia)

Can you tell I'm a fan of inline 4 standard bikes?
 
Back
Top