If You Could Own Just Three Motorcycles....

emptysea

Road warrior
Thread starter
The CB1100's versatility makes it the only bike many of us need, but is it the only bike we want?

Let's assume that you could own three, and ONLY three, motorcycles.

Including your CB1100, List the 3 bikes you would have in your garage.

Mine?
2013 Honda CB1100abs
2018 (or most recent) Zero SR
201- BMW R 1200RT
 
1. 13 CB1100 STD
2. Brand new CB400SF (radiator I know but I would bend for that one)
3. 18 Triumph Tiger XCA






Vincent Black Shadow (one can dream eh?)
 
I will have to think about this for awhile but my CB would be in there.

The other 2 would be a sport touring bike like my ST and a smaller knock around bike like an NC 700 or a 250 Dual Sport (to get out when there is accumulated snow).
 
Well, 3 bikes in one stable..
How you deal with insurance, does each bike have separate one?????
I was thinking about 2nd CB but insurance would go up =:(

pb
 
Thread starter
Banned_imp said:
Do we have to count dirt bikes?
If you could have 3 and only 3 motorcycles. Dirt bikes included, but you are limited to a total of 3 motorcycles.

peterbaron_imp said:
Well, 3 bikes in one stable..
How you deal with insurance, does each bike have separate one?????
I was thinking about 2nd CB but insurance would go up =:(

pb
If you COULD HAVE 3 and only 3 motorcycles. Insurance, garage space, permission from spouse, worry about maintenance costs should not influence your answer here.
redbirds_imp said:
I would only add two as my CB1100 is on the list of course.

Motus MST https://motusmotorcycles.com/home

Triumph Street Scrambler http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/bikes/classics/street-scrambler/2018/street-scrambler
I like the array.
 
My 2017 CB1100 EX for looks and smooth backroad riding.
A Goldwing for longer trips and cold weather comfort.
A fully restored BSA Lightning because of the feel and sound of it.
But may settle for a 2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor.
 
Thread starter
OK... observations so far..

1. People would have a bigger and more protected bike for touring
2. People would have a smaller bike, possibly a dual-sport, for tooling around.
3. People from Canada are not sticklers about rules. LOL

Keep those choices coming!
 
Tough decision....
2014 CB1100, mid-weight, smooth, handles well, dependable
1974 Yamaha RD350 with some mods, light weight two stroke (love the sound)
2018 Goldwing, haven’t got it yet, but most of the reviews look good. Reminds me of a heavy weight ST1300.
 
If I could have three then that would mean I could keep my Hawk GT so that makes two. To that I'd some type of bike capable of playing in the dirt, but I'm not sure to what extent.

(In reality my intention is still to sell the Hawk and then the CB will be my one and only motorcycle so I'll give up my free bike space to support Nortoon's backup choice, lol.)
 
I only know 1 guy who owns more than 1 bike! I guess that most of my buds are more hunting, fishing and gun guys than multi bike owners.
 
I'm glad you said 3. One would have been really tough. My choices were, K1600GT, Africa Twin DCT, and the CB1100. There was a Vstrom (650), and a KTM 350 in there for a while as well. But 5 bikes was just too many. Believe it or not, it became work to store and maintain that many bikes. With 3 good choices, it seems you can cover all the types of riding you might do.......or not. That 2018 Goldwing is calling out to me.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
OK... observations so far..

1. People would have a bigger and more protected bike for touring
2. People would have a smaller bike, possibly a dual-sport, for tooling around.
3. People from Canada are not sticklers about rules. LOL

Keep those choices coming!
Hey, I only asked a question for clarification.

This is hard, basically I have to decide which bike to give up.

1. 2014 CB1100 Canadian blue model
2. 2018 HD Sport Glide
3. 2016 Honda CRF450X

Reasons:

1. Self explanatory here
2. My '03 Night Train is set up exactly like the new Sport Glide and has been a great touring bike for my wife and I so why not get a newer one? (this of course using the "fantasy draw" rules here, in reality I can no longer ride a Harley because of the sitting position)
3. 2016 CRF450X vice the new 2017/2018 CRF450RX as the newer one no longer has lights on it and has the heavy dual exhaust. Dirt is whether I do my hooligan riding so it doesn't happen on the street.
 
Well, all three are already in my garage, so I have to give up the other three . . .

I'd keep

2017 CB1100 EX (well, geez, I just bought it . . .)
2017 Harley Road King (so gorgeous and so comfortable)
1994 BMW K75RT (my long-time winter bike and a great friend to me)
 
Back
Top