jitaylor_imp
Running like a top
Kawasaki Ninja 1000 with full compliment of cases.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I don't know. I sat on the ST and it didn't feel right for me. So maybe that is what it is really about.the lodger_imp said:Isn't it a similar seat height to a CB?
I think you went the other direction with the FJR ferret. lolThe ferret_imp said:When this whole CB1100 thing started, I had in my garage an 06 Honda ST 1300, an 01 Yamaha FZ-1, a 2000 Honda Nighthawk 750 and an 06 Yamaha Majesty Scooter and thought my garage was perfect. Well, I would have liked to have had some kind of small enduro type bike in there too. However once rumors hit that the CB1100 was coming stateside I started to liquidate. The FZ-1 I sold to my younger brother .The Nighthawk went to a fellow that worked with my son! And I bought the 2013 CB. A year later they announced the Deluxe so I traded in the 13 CB and the 06 YPV and got the 14 dlx. If the CB 1100 had not come along, I would still have all 4 of the bikes I had before..PLUS probably that enduro I wanted. Lol
However in the future.. A few years down the road, I will be looking for a lightweight bike that would be good for around town and some light touring. Maybe an SV650, or Versys 650 LT, or NC 700 or Yamaha FZ09... Who knows. Will keep the CB, and even though I love my ST1300 and plan to put 100,000 miles on it, i am starting to feel the weight when backing it out of the gatage, or hefting it off the side stand, and I rarely put it on the centerstand anymore. At 717 pounds, it"s just too heavy.
Fat Ninja. :rofl:m in sc_imp said:I just wanted a standard naked upright, always have one in the stable. went from an sv650, to a ducati sport classic, then the ktm390 i had was (very good, all of them were) but the cb was there, cheap as dirt, and way more comfortable for about the same money (holdover '14 is a bargain), so i traded the ktm in. there wasnt a need ( i have the concours 'fat ninja' for touring duties) but its a luxury of a std naked upgrade without all the bags and fairings and other garbage that, for me, would ruin it for what it is. IF i was going to get something else to fill that need now, id seriously consider a gsx (naked) or the triumph thruxton. that things dead sexy. :banana:
I think you went the other direction with the FJR ferret. loldbarkdoll_imp said:I think you went the other direction with the FJR ferret. lolThe ferret_imp said:When this whole CB1100 thing started, I had in my garage an 06 Honda ST 1300, an 01 Yamaha FZ-1, a 2000 Honda Nighthawk 750 and an 06 Yamaha Majesty Scooter and thought my garage was perfect. Well, I would have liked to have had some kind of small enduro type bike in there too. However once rumors hit that the CB1100 was coming stateside I started to liquidate. The FZ-1 I sold to my younger brother .The Nighthawk went to a fellow that worked with my son! And I bought the 2013 CB. A year later they announced the Deluxe so I traded in the 13 CB and the 06 YPV and got the 14 dlx. If the CB 1100 had not come along, I would still have all 4 of the bikes I had before..PLUS probably that enduro I wanted. Lol
However in the future.. A few years down the road, I will be looking for a lightweight bike that would be good for around town and some light touring. Maybe an SV650, or Versys 650 LT, or NC 700 or Yamaha FZ09... Who knows. Will keep the CB, and even though I love my ST1300 and plan to put 100,000 miles on it, i am starting to feel the weight when backing it out of the gatage, or hefting it off the side stand, and I rarely put it on the centerstand anymore. At 717 pounds, it"s just too heavy.
Sorry to dredge up an old post, I just found this funny. Or interesting rather. I guess it's not that interesting, people change their minds all the time. Perhaps when the FJR becomes too much bike you'll fulfill this old prophecy. How about a Tracer GT......or is that too tall? I can't remember the seat height but it seems pretty tall.
Fat Ninja. :rofl:m in sc_imp said:I just wanted a standard naked upright, always have one in the stable. went from an sv650, to a ducati sport classic, then the ktm390 i had was (very good, all of them were) but the cb was there, cheap as dirt, and way more comfortable for about the same money (holdover '14 is a bargain), so i traded the ktm in. there wasnt a need ( i have the concours 'fat ninja' for touring duties) but its a luxury of a std naked upgrade without all the bags and fairings and other garbage that, for me, would ruin it for what it is. IF i was going to get something else to fill that need now, id seriously consider a gsx (naked) or the triumph thruxton. that things dead sexy. :banana:
That's hilarious. I'm stealing that one
Fat Ninja. :rofl:m in sc_imp said:I just wanted a standard naked upright, always have one in the stable. went from an sv650, to a ducati sport classic, then the ktm390 i had was (very good, all of them were) but the cb was there, cheap as dirt, and way more comfortable for about the same money (holdover '14 is a bargain), so i traded the ktm in. there wasnt a need ( i have the concours 'fat ninja' for touring duties) but its a luxury of a std naked upgrade without all the bags and fairings and other garbage that, for me, would ruin it for what it is. IF i was going to get something else to fill that need now, id seriously consider a gsx (naked) or the triumph thruxton. that things dead sexy. :banana:
I think you went the other direction with the FJR ferret. loldbarkdoll_imp said:I think you went the other direction with the FJR ferret. lolThe ferret_imp said:When this whole CB1100 thing started, I had in my garage an 06 Honda ST 1300, an 01 Yamaha FZ-1, a 2000 Honda Nighthawk 750 and an 06 Yamaha Majesty Scooter and thought my garage was perfect. Well, I would have liked to have had some kind of small enduro type bike in there too. However once rumors hit that the CB1100 was coming stateside I started to liquidate. The FZ-1 I sold to my younger brother .The Nighthawk went to a fellow that worked with my son! And I bought the 2013 CB. A year later they announced the Deluxe so I traded in the 13 CB and the 06 YPV and got the 14 dlx. If the CB 1100 had not come along, I would still have all 4 of the bikes I had before..PLUS probably that enduro I wanted. Lol
However in the future.. A few years down the road, I will be looking for a lightweight bike that would be good for around town and some light touring. Maybe an SV650, or Versys 650 LT, or NC 700 or Yamaha FZ09... Who knows. Will keep the CB, and even though I love my ST1300 and plan to put 100,000 miles on it, i am starting to feel the weight when backing it out of the gatage, or hefting it off the side stand, and I rarely put it on the centerstand anymore. At 717 pounds, it"s just too heavy.
Sorry to dredge up an old post, I just found this funny. Or interesting rather. I guess it's not that interesting, people change their minds all the time. Perhaps when the FJR becomes too much bike you'll fulfill this old prophecy. How about a Tracer GT......or is that too tall? I can't remember the seat height but it seems pretty tall.
Fat Ninja. :rofl:m in sc_imp said:I just wanted a standard naked upright, always have one in the stable. went from an sv650, to a ducati sport classic, then the ktm390 i had was (very good, all of them were) but the cb was there, cheap as dirt, and way more comfortable for about the same money (holdover '14 is a bargain), so i traded the ktm in. there wasnt a need ( i have the concours 'fat ninja' for touring duties) but its a luxury of a std naked upgrade without all the bags and fairings and other garbage that, for me, would ruin it for what it is. IF i was going to get something else to fill that need now, id seriously consider a gsx (naked) or the triumph thruxton. that things dead sexy. :banana:
That's hilarious. I'm stealing that one
Sounds like you still have the passion juice. That's great EMullick!emullick_imp said:If the CB 1100 didn’t exist I’d probably be on a Ninza 1000 (used) or a Suzuki GSX S1000F(used). Here’s why.
I bought my “last motorcycle” in 1999, a new Ninja ZX 9R when I was 57 years old. Kept it until 2018 when I was 76 years old. Along the way I owned a Monster 1100, sold it, and bought my 2013 CB 1100 2 years ago. The Duc was my first and last non Japanese bike, for reasons known to all Duc owners. Funny how Ducati and Triumph are the journalists favorites now, even though Japanese brands beat them soundly on road racing tracks, as well as on maintenance and reliability. But then, everybody should buy and ride the bike they like. Most of the reason I’m on the CB 1100 is nostalgia, it reminds of the CB 750 I used and abused 40 years ago. If we were rational we wouldn’t ride motorcycles. I was one of the first So Cal club racers to get an AMA Expert RR license for Superbikes. Motorcycles are still part of my life, not rational, especially at my age.
I do miss the power and handling of the Ninja, that’s why a used Ninja 1000 or GSX S1000F is appealing to me. I haven’t bought a new bike since 1999.