I often wonder...

WhiskeyUSMC1979_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Does my bike sit outside my office all day and think about me? I know I sit here and look at my jacket and helmet all day, wishing I could be out on the road.
7c44ae573f612b38b32c761b4d2a051f.jpg

I assume everyone else feels the same way. Yes?


Sent from an undisclosed location
 
The machine...is at an advantage.

It goes dormant.

That enables it to exist through neglect and abandonment and even abuse...and once put right, in the hands of a concerned rider...it COMES ALIVE.

When cold and in the dark, it feels nothing. That is to its benefit.
 
Thread starter
Repurposed mannequin with a knife stuck in the top to hold the helmet. Haha
0769fc62340b0e5065deb93436df8e7e.jpg

Just means it takes me that much longer to take my jacket off that dummy and put it on this dummy before I leave. But it does look cool! That's all that really matters. Hahaha


Sent from an undisclosed location
 
MikeOxbig_imp said:
Mental note, don't mess with WhiskeyUSMC1979 in his office.
Especially if you're a mannequin.

The contrast is very telling. As I write this, my helmet sits in the corner of my office on a 3" binder filled with reports, on a stack of bankers boxes filled with more binders containing yet more reports. Whiskey's helmet sits on a knife, impaled into the neck of a headless mannequin.

Mental note, don't mess with metallyguitarded if you fear paper cuts. Don't mess with WhiskeyUSMC1979 if you fear dismemberment and losing your head.
 
Awesome saying on a Marine squadron's aircraft on a carrier in the Gulf:

US MARINES

Your best friend. Your worst enemy.
 
Well I guess I need spell check...

I didn't know it was a quote. Learn something everyday! Just know I like it.
 
Thread starter
Close enough popgun. You got the basic premise of the saying and that is enough for me. There have been so many quotes about the U.S. military and the Marine Corps over the years, I doubt anyone could know them all verbatim. In fact, General Mattis likely wasn't the originator of that particular saying, he just happened to use it quite powerfully and it remained attached to his name.

So long as "Semper Fidelis" always remains the same, the rest of the slogans can typically be paraphrased.

I'm back in the office again right now. Trying to get some responsibilities knocked out so I can ride the bike to my son's soccer game this evening.

Have a great day, everyone. ATGATT and rubber side down!


Sent from an undisclosed location
 
Back
Top