I might have been the only one that didn't know this about the four ways.

Steverino_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I was showing my wife all the wonderful features on my 13 Standard this evening and while showing her the four way flashers I removed the key and they kept flashing. From prior fiddling I knew they wouldn't flash without the key so I tried it again. Key on, turn on flashers, remove key, flashers keep flashing! Cool!
Steve
 
It's so you can turn them on and then walk away without leaving the key in the ignition. It's also set up so that someone can't just walk up to the bike and turn them on.
 
Thread starter
It's different from my car. On my 13 Standard I need the key to start them flashing. But I can remove the key and they will continue. If I turn them on without the key, no flashing. I figured out the logic of deterring creeps from running my battery down if left unattended. I thought I had read my manual pretty carefully. Is that neat little feature mentioned somewhere in it?
I figured out a way to keep from my 1100 from getting dirty during rainy season. I traded two of my old bikes in on a new CRF250L. It is wonderful! I can ride it right off the road up in to the hills and then when I get home all I have to do is hose it off.
Steve
kmoney_imp said:
Randy B is correct. It will be exactly the same in your car -- constant hot, no keys required.
 
Back
Top