I Got It... An Interesting Day!

Thread starter
After my 'oil' debacle today...mentioned in a thread about oil just a bit ago, I got in about another 50 miles...mostly around the beach and a few exits on the interstate. I DO like that transmission!! Here's a few more pictures... the prerequisite water pictures around Tampa Bay...

dfeb7b6d701764457f915a9aaad4aea5.jpg


a3b2e21dc8bbc39f008e06387417a37f.jpg


e7f8d6a720ac6fb2d3a9aeeb4bdb9c9a.jpg


And this in front of the Harley dealer in St. Pete. NO HARLEY JOKES please... Keep it civil. I like this dealer and when I had my Harley in Florida, this is who I used. Good people... Besides, they're open Sundays, have clean rest rooms, cold soda and water, and sell lots of gear.

2c9f19b4e3f1ff50d4aa90f978790ed2.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
That first pic is a beauty R4N!
 
Ride4now..saw in another thread your bike came overfilled with oil. Just wondered how you got the excess out? From experience there is no " controlled drainage" thru the drain plug I mean once you loosen that plug, it's a brown Niagara falls. :rolleyes:

Just curious
 
Ferret, I overfilled mine once. I got very oily hands getting the excess out ! :)
 
Agreed on the red Hiker - The DLX in Daytona didn't have that shine to it. I know the gauge faces were black on that one too...

Thanks for the side by side pics.

Jim's Harley..... I remember when they were a true motorcycle shop, now every Harley dealer seems to have become an "experience"...Good grief..
 
Thread starter
Thanks to all for the congrats and well wishes... I appreciate it.
As for the oil question, I just took great care to loosen the plug very
slowly until it started to leak. Then with a latex gloved hand (thanks
to my wife :heart:) I loosened it further until it came off. I just kept it, right there,
to let out what I wanted and then plugged it back in. My biggest fear
was that I'd drop the plug and then I'd be off to the store to buy
more oil. Thankfully that didn't happen.
By the way... I tried first to siphon out some oil using a nylon
siphon made for that purpose...and a small one at that. No go...
I could t get it to find any oil. There's a lot of 'stuff' in that crankcase
so the tube never was able to go down, it would only go sideways.
 
Beautiful picture by the water. Looks like a pro shot!

Congrats on the bike.
 
Not much help to the US contingent, but the colour code for my black CB1100 is NH463.

They're lovely shots Ride4now. Thanks for sharing.
 
ride4now_imp said:
Thanks guys. Ride em ... It's 0019. Pretty low! I hope they
didn't forget any parts!!
Wow that's low !!! That's the lowest I have heard of I have no idea what mine will be. I ordered mine about a week ago my dealer says honda is making the red as the dealers order them wait time 6 to 8 weeks but they called honda my dealer is the #1 dealer so honda helps them out big time! Honda said they would check all warehouses and if they found one it's mine well they found one! The dealer that had it orderd might be upset! Could be here by tomorrow or could be next week it's being shipped by its self on a truck lines! My cost OTD is around $10995 just say $11k total it was. $10,200 plus sales tax 7% in Mississippi $10 title fee that's it. I hope to be doing the happy dance soon!
Michael :excited:
 
Great news, Michael. We're looking forward to hearing about it and seeing some pictures. :)
 
R4N, thanks for getting down low when you took the follow up shots by the water and HD dealer, etc. Bikes and cars always look FAR better and more dramatic when the camera angle is from down low versus normal standing height. Great looking bike and GREAT SHOTS!
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Great news, Michael. We're looking forward to hearing about it and seeing some pictures. :)
I will take some pics but I don't know how to post them. I can email them to you or someone and let them post them for me then when I know for sure my vin # I want to be added to that list!
Michael
 
Back
Top