I finally got it!! 2013 red

Jeff: You made a good deal. You will enjoy the bike. I made my buy over the phone with a dealer 100 miles away. My first ride was riding it home.
 
Just brought mine home. 2013 non-ABS, 78 miles first ride. :D

CB360T, there is still a 2013 non-ABS in Elkhart, IN
 
Congrats aketay! You will find it just gets better and better as it gets broken in! On the downside your wallet may get smaller and smaller if you ride down farkle road with the rest of us! :)
 
Congrats to both on your new purchase.

Jeffskar, on your comment on smoothness, I mentioned on another thread, it's like a precision made Swiss watch. The build quality and craftsmanship is top notch, which totally explains the higher premium.
 
Thread starter
I love how quiet it is, and I'm saying this "now" like I do with everything, but I think I may keep it bone stock! How long did you guys wait to really get-on-it, taking it to or near red-line at wot?
 
I have my arrow exhaust on the way but in the meantime I'm sorta liking the quietness. Still makes some good sounds when pushing the motor at higher revs.

I'm going to wait until 1k before I start redlining it regularly. My bike only has around 140 miles. I still ride it a bit aggressively but not too hard. The manual states the proper break-in guidelines as well but like many things, some may disagree and use their own method.

From my understanding it's best not to keep the motor at a constant rpm when breaking in the motor, like a long distance freeway ride.
 
jeffskar_imp said:
I love how quiet it is, and I'm saying this "now" like I do with everything, but I think I may keep it bone stock! How long did you guys wait to really get-on-it, taking it to or near red-line at wot?
I told myself that for exactly 11 months, until the lust for a Tadao Powerbox exhaust won out. In the end, it wasn't the stock exhaust sound that bothered me, as I rather liked it. I just could stand the gargantuan bazooka hanging off the side of my bike. Couldn't be happier with finally giving in!
fe4087433c5b1571283fc9525111aac5.jpg
 
jeffskar_imp said:
I love how quiet it is, and I'm saying this "now" like I do with everything, but I think I may keep it bone stock! How long did you guys wait to really get-on-it, taking it to or near red-line at wot?
I like my stock muffler, it suits me just fine, however I did have to immediately put matching side covers on it. The only muffler that I like would be the staintune slip-on, but not for 8 hundred bucks....
 
Headbanger02_imp said:
jeffskar_imp said:
I love how quiet it is, and I'm saying this "now" like I do with everything, but I think I may keep it bone stock! How long did you guys wait to really get-on-it, taking it to or near red-line at wot?
I like my stock muffler, it suits me just fine, however I did have to immediately put matching side covers on it. The only muffler that I like would be the staintune slip-on, but not for 8 hundred bucks....
I like my stock muffler, it suits me just fine, however I did have to immediately put matching side covers on it. The only muffler that I like would be the staintune slip-on, but not for 8 hundred bucks....
Interesting pricing on the Staintune. I would have thought that would be in the ball park at the beginning of last year when the AUD was at parity with the USD. Right now the AUD gets you slightly less than 70 U.S. cents. Maybe old stock.

Cheers.
 
MikeOxbig_imp said:
I have my arrow exhaust on the way but in the meantime I'm sorta liking the quietness. Still makes some good sounds when pushing the motor at higher revs.

I'm going to wait until 1k before I start redlining it regularly. My bike only has around 140 miles. I still ride it a bit aggressively but not too hard. The manual states the proper break-in guidelines as well but like many things, some may disagree and use their own method.

From my understanding it's best not to keep the motor at a constant rpm when breaking in the motor, like a long distance freeway ride.
I think you will ultimately find that redlining the CB is unrewarding. No harm in doing so, but Torque is way down low and HP peters out well before redline. Getting the hang of proper shift points and managing the CB's motor to deliver the mail is part of the fun!
 
Capo_imp said:
MikeOxbig_imp said:
I have my arrow exhaust on the way but in the meantime I'm sorta liking the quietness. Still makes some good sounds when pushing the motor at higher revs.

I'm going to wait until 1k before I start redlining it regularly. My bike only has around 140 miles. I still ride it a bit aggressively but not too hard. The manual states the proper break-in guidelines as well but like many things, some may disagree and use their own method.

From my understanding it's best not to keep the motor at a constant rpm when breaking in the motor, like a long distance freeway ride.
I think you will ultimately find that redlining the CB is unrewarding. No harm in doing so, but Torque is way down low and HP peters out well before redline. Getting the hang of proper shift points and managing the CB's motor to deliver the mail is part of the fun!
I think you will ultimately find that redlining the CB is unrewarding. No harm in doing so, but Torque is way down low and HP peters out well before redline. Getting the hang of proper shift points and managing the CB's motor to deliver the mail is part of the fun!
+1 on that. This motor is all about torque and that's why it is so satisfying to ride.
 
I agree, this motor's torque delivery is very impressive, tons of midrange grunt. The bike is real fun to ride even If I'm not pushing it to the max. I'm just one of those "gotta redline it sometimes on an open stretch" type of guys.
 
jeffskar_imp said:
I love how quiet it is, and I'm saying this "now" like I do with everything, but I think I may keep it bone stock! How long did you guys wait to really get-on-it, taking it to or near red-line at wot?
You chose a nice machine!

My '13 is bone stock except for the Corbin seat and chrome headlamp bucket and tach/speedo cups. I've only had a couple of excursions past 5,000 rpm, no reason to go there, and one at 6,500 rpm when I needed to pass a tractor at slow speed and misjudged my gear selection (nice acceleration, though). Most of the time it lives 3,600-4,750 rpm.
 
Back
Top