I Did It!

Interceptor Pilot_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Pulled the trigger today on a "new" 2017 CB1100 EX. Traded in my trusty 06 ST1300 and of course didn't get what I wanted, but they had discounted the CB down to $9950. so I had to go for it.
I'd begun to notice that I wasn't riding my ST as well anymore, so felt it was time to downsize to a lighter, more controllable bike.
The ride home was amazing, banishing any buyers remorse I may have had. Fit, finish and that motor just blow me away. The bike is smoother than a mink jock strap.
 
Awesome
607dd35a11b24a5140b018938ee7e2c3.png
congratulations you’re going to love lt!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Congrats. The CB is a nice all around motorcycle.

Retail on an 06 ST1300 would be maybe $3500, no matter what the book says. I also just got rid of an 06 ST1300. It had 110,000 miles on it and IMO was worth about $2500.
 
Well done. I suspect the ST will be hard to replace as a tourer, but the CB is a great all round bike.
 
Congrats Pilot!!
 
Interceptor Pilot_imp said:
Pulled the trigger today on a "new" 2017 CB1100 EX. Traded in my trusty 06 ST1300 and of course didn't get what I wanted, but they had discounted the CB down to $9950. so I had to go for it.
I'd begun to notice that I wasn't riding my ST as well anymore, so felt it was time to downsize to a lighter, more controllable bike.
The ride home was amazing, banishing any buyers remorse I may have had. Fit, finish and that motor just blow me away. The bike is smoother than a mink jock strap.
:rofl: Well said my friend, well said.
 
I have had mine since late June and I am still so taken with how smooth it is and how well it handles. I weigh 240 so I did crank up the rear preload a bit, and also confirmed the dealer had the correct tire pressures when I got it home (they were close). Adding a factory rear rack took 10 minutes and now I find myself taking my EX on almost every ride. I have started to spend a lot more time above 5000 rpm and it is really a surprise that this in-line 4 stays pretty smooth up there where it really is making decent power too. Tons of smooth torque down low and good power as it climbs into the higher rev range--such a versatile bike. I kind of forced myself to ride my Harley this past weekend and I missed the EX.
 
They were next to the RLT's but since this thread came up they have been out of stock..........................
 
Thread starter
Haven't had the bike 24 hours yet and I'm already pondering Farkles! It's my one weakness. Looking at crash bars and it appears that most go with either the SW Moto black bars, or the chrome Honda ones. Both seem similar in price, but I think the OEM get the nudge in looks (IMHO) however, not so sure about the level of protection they provide.
Handle bar RAM ball ordered for my phone and I also ordered a tail bag, as the most difficult thing for me to overcome at this point is riding without "stuff".
Thought I'd be bothered by lack of wind protection since the ST sits you in a bubble and my VFR does a pretty good job of keeping a lot of wind off of you. On the ride home yesterday it was no worries. Even hit a patch of very strong head wind and just had to lean into it. Cross wind control was great. At times the ST can be a bit of a hand full in cross winds, due to all that plastic catching the wind. With the CB it just blew on through. Sierra Hotel.
 
Retsel_imp said:
Okay guys, where are you getting these, "mink jock straps"?

Welcome!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
I don't know about mink but back in the '90s one of my Army Sgt's wife once made us all underwear lined in the front with stuffed animal fur (real was too expensive). Running in -20°C would often cause the tender bits to freeze which was extraordinarily painful once you got in the shower and it thawed out. Underwear worked pretty good.
 
Crash bars, in my humble (not so much!) opinion should be required. They may not save your cases, but they will prevent them from being holed so you can get home. I now think that in many cases they will also prevent the lower frame rails from damage which will prevent the bike from being totaled.
 
The motech crash bars not only saved my engine from any damage whatsoever- but probably saved my leg.

Since my leg was caught under the bike, it was crushed badly but not broken.

If I were to ever ride again, which I am not, I would 110% get the Motech.
 
Rboe_imp said:
Crash bars, in my humble (not so much!) opinion should be required. They may not save your cases, but they will prevent them from being holed so you can get home. I now think that in many cases they will also prevent the lower frame rails from damage which will prevent the bike from being totaled.
This was my experience with a crash I had, except my first CB1100 was totaled. More discussions about crash bars in this thread:

Engine guards
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
The motech crash bars not only saved my engine from any damage whatsoever- but probably saved my leg.

Since my leg was caught under the bike, it was crushed badly but not broken.

If I were to ever ride again, which I am not, I would 110% get the Motech.
....and I would like to know why ?...do you want me to send you pic or X-ray of my L-leg after accident in 1971 ?
However, I respect your decision.
 
Please go easy on him, Peter. He doesn't have to return to riding. He's also made the reasons for his choice clear in earlier posts.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Please go easy on him, Peter. He doesn't have to return to riding. He's also made the reasons for his choice clear in earlier posts.
I am not trying to get tough on Josh at all, just want to pull him out from that challenging and certainly difficult times he goes through.
I respect and understand his decision.
...I appreciate your request/comment.
 
Back
Top