I couldn't do it...

the_undecider_imp

Been there
Thread starter
A few of you who frequent this forum probably know I have been struggling with owning my CB1100 due to comfort issues, talked about selling it if I couldn't make it comfortable, spent a fair amount of time and money trying to make it comfortable, and most recently put the bike up for sale.

When I had the bike up for sale, I had stripped it of its farkles which included reinstalling the stock handlebars. Backing up a bit, I had installed the lower "Type 2" bars very early on because the tall stock bars felt weird with stock seat. That was my first adjustment to the bike's fit that led me down a fairly lengthy road of chasing comfort and throwing money at the bike. Certainly, there were improvements, but not enough. My decision to sell came when I realized the K&H tall seat wasn't enough to relax my knees and hips.

So, after I had the bike up for sale a few weeks with little action, I figured it would be good to ride it a bit. I tossed my K&H on started riding to work. After a couple days, I was somewhat surprised how comfortable it now seemed. At first, I figured it was in my head because I missed riding it so much. Then, it dawned on me that I had never tried the K&H seat with the stock bars. It's so obvious that would change the feel of the bike, the taller bars sitting me upright. The stock bars had always been buried in a box in the attic and I gave little consideration to trying them, mostly out of laziness.

Right as I was figuring this out, a potential buyer made and offer and was working on securing funds to buy. I didnt hear from him for a few days and made my decision not to sell. So, me being the Boy Who Cried Wolf several times, I am once again back on the CB wagon...for now :D

 
Thank goodness you found out before the sale. Just in time!! Well done sir. :worship:
 
And living up to you nom de plumb.

Welcome back un
 
The ferret_imp said:
And living up to you nom de plumb.

Welcome back un
:rofl: +1

Glad you got it sorted out Undecider :thumbsup:
 
Welcome back, mate.
 
See ... 4 Paws knows the meaning of life and key to self fullfilment.
 
the_undecider_imp said:
Nemo_imp said:
Are you sure? ;)
How about asking me the meaning of life or the key to self fulfillment...equal probability of me having any of those answers, haha.
How about asking me the meaning of life or the key to self fulfillment...equal probability of me having any of those answers, haha.
Hey, if you can handle those; please explain women to us too! :D
 
Rboe_imp said:
the_undecider_imp said:
Nemo_imp said:
Are you sure? ;)
How about asking me the meaning of life or the key to self fulfillment...equal probability of me having any of those answers, haha.
How about asking me the meaning of life or the key to self fulfillment...equal probability of me having any of those answers, haha.
Hey, if you can handle those; please explain women to us too! :D
I'd rather not know the answer to that one.

I'm glad you're sticking around, though I won't hold you to it.
 
Thumbs up for the K&H high seat. I recommend adding seat beads too. Will get you another half inch and endurance. I'm 6'1". Going to install lowered pegs next to see how that feels.
 
Back
Top