I blame Ferret for having too many bikes!

KiowaEagle_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Last year I was at my local Piagio dealer and saw a white Moto Guzzi Norge and fell in love. I thought it was just a beautiful bike. It wasn’t for sale, it belonged to the owner. So ever since then I’ve kept my eye out and a few have popped up but were either across the country or in Europe or otherwise unobtainable. Then a couple of weeks ago my friend Joe sent me the ad link for one at a dealer in Cincinnati. It looked clean and the price wasn’t bad but it was in Cincinnati. That’s a long way to go to look at a bike, who do I know near Cincinnati? I texted Ferret about it and he said sure, he’d go out and look at it!

So last Tuesday Ferret ran up to Cadre Cycle to not only look at it but test ride it while sending me pics and videos of it running. I couldn’t have found a more qualified person check this bike out for me and I’m extremely grateful for that.

c5eb1cd424214765c0bb5793b35214d3.jpg

fcad18d6ef40bc4b648c0b95a68fe426.jpg


Ferret told me it was really clean and ran great so I jumped on the phone and made a deal with the dealers owner Enzo. Then on Friday I jumped on a plane to Cincinnati.

d5f30c00e0a4079ba6f4e13313ef6eee.jpg


Ferret and Mrs Ferret were kind enough to pick me up at the airport, drive me to my motel to check in and then take me to experience that most Cincinnatish of foods, Skyline Chili. Where I had my “way” with a 4Way and a Cheese Coney!

960fc76782c4c1679d0be89f28066b3d.jpg

fcce6cf5ea6cb26c6ce07567f836c02f.jpg


The next morning Enzo from Cadre Cycle picked me up at my hotel (did I mention how nice people in Ohio are?) and drove me to meet my new steed. Despite trusting Ferret’s opinion explicitly I took a short test ride to confirm what he had said. Then it was just a matter of writing the check (yes Enzo actually accepted a personal check), signing a few papers and I was off. BTW if you ever get a chance to deal with Cadre Cycle do not hesitate. Enzo is a great guy to deal with.

4d1b2f3424f2356180d4e42fa81bc66d.jpg


I rode through Ohio and despite the bikes footpegs being a bit high for me found it to be very comfortable. I didn’t make my first stop for about 250 miles. I took this pic on Rt7 along the Ohio River. A little ways after that Rt7 crosses the river into West Virginia and turns into some nice twisties. That’s where this bike really shined. Very light and maneuverable with plenty of get up and go!

After about 360 miles I ended up south of Pittsburgh at my buddy Gary’s where he put me up for the night and treated me to a nice meal. It was great seeing him even though his kitten mistook me for a giant cat toy.

eb0b83f127002376c7f5dd5ebee69280.jpg

508f1b5e26cbdc6128d7add1a830fbeb.jpg


Then on Sunday I rode another 300 miles home.

It was a fun trip seeing great people and I get to keep this cool momento of the journey!

a5369a6a162c08f98eb2e1f28fe9a7d5.jpg


I can’t thank Ferret and Mrs Ferret enough for their kindness. There’s one thing about this forum you should know if you don’t already. It’s how great and giving the people are!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
As I said before, you change motorcycles more often than some people change their underwear.
Seriously KE, that Guzzi is beautiful motorcycle. Enjoy!
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Last year I was at my local Piagio dealer and saw a white Moto Guzzi Norge and fell in love. I thought it was just a beautiful bike. It wasn’t for sale, it belonged to the owner. So ever since then I’ve kept my eye out and a few have popped up but were either across the country or in Europe or otherwise unobtainable. Then a couple of weeks ago my friend Joe sent me the ad link for one at a dealer in Cincinnati. It looked clean and the price wasn’t bad but it was in Cincinnati. That’s a long way to go to look at a bike, who do I know near Cincinnati? I texted Ferret about it and he said sure, he’d go out and look at it!

So last Tuesday Ferret ran up to Cadre Cycle to not only look at it but test ride it while sending me pics and videos of it running. I couldn’t have found a more qualified person check this bike out for me and I’m extremely grateful for that.

c5eb1cd424214765c0bb5793b35214d3.jpg

fcad18d6ef40bc4b648c0b95a68fe426.jpg


Ferret told me it was really clean and ran great so I jumped on the phone and made a deal with the dealers owner Enzo. Then on Friday I jumped on a plane to Cincinnati.

d5f30c00e0a4079ba6f4e13313ef6eee.jpg


Ferret and Mrs Ferret were kind enough to pick me up at the airport, drive me to my motel to check in and then take me to experience that most Cincinnatish of foods, Skyline Chili. Where I had my “way” with a 4Way and a Cheese Coney!

960fc76782c4c1679d0be89f28066b3d.jpg

fcce6cf5ea6cb26c6ce07567f836c02f.jpg


The next morning Enzo from Cadre Cycle picked me up at my hotel (did I mention how nice people in Ohio are?) and drove me to meet my new steed. Despite trusting Ferret’s opinion explicitly I took a short test ride to confirm what he had said. Then it was just a matter of writing the check (yes Enzo actually accepted a personal check), signing a few papers and I was off. BTW if you ever get a chance to deal with Cadre Cycle do not hesitate. Enzo is a great guy to deal with.

4d1b2f3424f2356180d4e42fa81bc66d.jpg


I rode through Ohio and despite the bikes footpegs being a bit high for me found it to be very comfortable. I didn’t make my first stop for about 250 miles. I took this pic on Rt7 along the Ohio River. A little ways after that Rt7 crosses the river into West Virginia and turns into some nice twisties. That’s where this bike really shined. Very light and maneuverable with plenty of get up and go!

After about 360 miles I ended up south of Pittsburgh at my buddy Gary’s where he put me up for the night and treated me to a nice meal. It was great seeing him even though his kitten mistook me for a giant cat toy.

eb0b83f127002376c7f5dd5ebee69280.jpg

508f1b5e26cbdc6128d7add1a830fbeb.jpg


Then on Sunday I rode another 300 miles home.

It was a fun trip seeing great people and I get to keep this cool momento of the journey!

a5369a6a162c08f98eb2e1f28fe9a7d5.jpg


I can’t thank Ferret and Mrs Ferret enough for their kindness. There’s one thing about this forum you should know if you don’t already. It’s how great and giving the people are!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wonderful story KE. Couldn't have been softer and warmer. Congratulations!

But the feline snap really was the closer. :)
 
Cool bike! I like it.
 
Wow, what a cool journey!

Kudos to Ferret for bird-dogging the bike for you. That will definitely be a conversation starter, or at least a starter of a sentence that ends with "Well, you certainly don't see one of those every day."
 
How awesome is it when a friend calls and says "hey, will you go test ride a motorcycle for me?"

A model of bike I have never ridden before. A sport tourer with 104 hp, 75 foot pounds of torque, shaft drive, 6 speed trans and electric windshield.

Um let me think about that for...well heck yea!

And then we get to take him out for a famous Cincinnati Skyline Dinner (he even bought) with a couple of the wildest servers you are ever going to find.

I say good deal all the way around!

Glad it worked out and that you made it home safe and sound KE!

Congrats brother.
 
Cadre and Enzo have a pretty sterling reputation. No personal experience with them but am on a Guzzi site and they receive nothing but laudatory feedback.
 
Love the kitten too! But, one thing about having a cat that matches your carpet, speaking from experience.

Don't walk through your house late at night without turning a light on...
 
Thread starter
Frulk_imp said:
Cadre and Enzo have a pretty sterling reputation. No personal experience with them but am on a Guzzi site and they receive nothing but laudatory feedback.
I had seen the same thing. Then when I asked Ferret to go look at it and mentioned Enzo Ferret says "Oh yea, I know Enzo. He's a really good guy!"

The next time I talked to Enzo I told him that from all the praise I hear about him when we meet I'll be expecting him to have long hair, a beard and be wearing robes and sandals! He laughed and said "Well i do have a beard and I wear sandals from time to time..."
 
That was some whirlwind of a weekend. Glad you had great riding weather on the way home. Congrats on finding a well- maintained bike!




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Can’t think of many better ways to spend a weekend …
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
KE, will you let the Ferret ride your Guzzi during the Rally...just asking? :P
He already rode it! :rofl: Besides I've been told no more Guzzi's at CB1100 rallies. :P
GoldOxide_imp said:
KE: Does this imply you are a Guzzi collector? (owner of more than one)
I suppose yes, by default. :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top