"Hypothetical" Trade-In

emptysea

Road warrior
Thread starter
Let's say you had a 2013 CB1100 with, say, a hypothetical 31,187 miles on it. Then, let's say your Honda dealer found a brand new 2013 CB1100 with ABS at an auction. How much would you pay if you were offered the opportunity to trade your 2013 for the new 2013 ABS? Oh, and if your bike had an aftermarket exhaust, a Superbrace, and a Honda rear rack, they would switch all of that over to the new bike as part of the deal.

What would you pay? This is strictly hypothetical
 
If you really want ABS it's probably worth at least a couple of thousand.
 
There was no opportunity to put in mileage, but I did enter Oakbrook 60523 as the location (not sure where you live exactly in Chitown).

Nominal value of 2013 non-ABS.

ee33d75f062eb4aa8314af9be6a7fa92.jpg


c565f5080dea4f812ce109f46cb42ff2.jpg


I do think there'd be a mileage deduct. Maybe $1000?

893ff2485cb7982ac7e2aca97e80e2ec.jpg


So call the bike worth $3k. The new ABS bike? $5k? So Cormanus may be in the right ballpark.
 
Average expected accumulated mileage

2350 miles per year

Good night! That's less than 200 miles per MONTH. That's sad

I've said it many times... Most motorcycles are not killed by wear, they are neglected to death.
 
Thread starter
Took the deal. I get a new 2013 ABS with all mods from my old non-ABS moved over. The discontinuation of the Michelin PR3s clinched the deal -- would need new tires soon, but now I have another 8,000 miles (give or take) on the stock Bridgestone Battlax rubber before I decide on replacements. So, keep posting your Pirelli, etal reviews so I can benefit from your experiences. :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
918aa92cf0dbfe162c08ce32a7e91454.jpg
 
What has this bike been doing for the past 3-4 years? Sitting on a showroom floor somewhere?
Pretty interesting...I bet this may have been the last unregistered 2013 CB on the planet. Maybe...
 
That's fantastic! I applaud your initiative, sir. I would want the ABS as well. (I had reason to be glad of it this very day.)
 
Congrats , you will love those 6 pot brakes ,The Linked ABS clinched the deal for me as i had that on my BMW R1200R
The K10 kit was just icing on the cake
BTW - very happy with the Avon tires on mine
 
Well done, EmptySea. What a great deal. What's the CB1100 sitting next to your new love?
 
Sweet... so MTC has a new ride! :thumbsup:
 
He should have kept the other one for Mrs MTC. She was in the market for a new bike as I recall.
 
Oh man, this is one of my favorite threads in a long time.

So cool to see your brand new 2013 CB1100 — time warp. Sure, Honda has changed a number of things here and there, but for me, they've never been able to improve upon the look of the original design. Stunningly beautiful. Well done MTC!
 
Thread starter
Jim21680_imp said:
What has this bike been doing for the past 3-4 years? Sitting on a showroom floor somewhere?
Pretty interesting...I bet this may have been the last unregistered 2013 CB on the planet. Maybe...
My dealer picked it up at an auction; I think it was a liquidation of a dealer that when out of biz, but I'm going to ask him about the acquisition. I believe that i was not out of the original crate until it arrived at my dealer, but, again, I'm going to try to get some information about its history. I'm also going to get a pic of it with the odo reading 0, which is where it is at. The trip odo reads .4 miles. It's a pretty rare find to be sure.
use2b_imp said:
Congrats , you will love those 6 pot brakes ,The Linked ABS clinched the deal for me as i had that on my BMW R1200R
The K10 kit was just icing on the cake
BTW - very happy with the Avon tires on mine

I will keep monitoring the tire thread. Glad to know that you're happy with the Avons
LongRanger_imp said:
Nice work! But you know what this means... Time to start planning another SS1000 so you can bond with your new bike!
We will see. I think a 'break-in' ride to Colorado would be perfect. Wife may have other plans, though.
gmike_imp said:
Sweet. The dealer will transfer the RLETs also,,,,,,,Right ?
I think I'm leaving the RLETs on the original bike; my gift to the next guy. I'll have to order some new ones post-haste.
Cormanus_imp said:
He should have kept the other one for Mrs MTC. She was in the market for a new bike as I recall.
She does not enjoy riding the CB. She likes me, though, so I'll forgive her this one flaw.
The ferret_imp said:
Sweet... so MTC has a new ride! :thumbsup:
Thanks!

I don't have it yet. My last ride on my CB will be tomorrow, weather permitting. Tuesday, it goes back to the barn and I'll have my new, old bike by next weekend.
Guth_imp said:
Oh man, this is one of my favorite threads in a long time.

So cool to see your brand new 2013 CB1100 — time warp. Sure, Honda has changed a number of things here and there, but for me, they've never been able to improve upon the look of the original design. Stunningly beautiful. Well done MTC!
This opportunity allows me to have the bike I originally wanted, but could not afford -- CB1100 with ABS. It also allows me to keep my word, in a way, that I might sometime add a bike, but that I'd always keep my 2013 CB1100. ;) in a way, I said. LOL
 
Back
Top