"Hypothetical" Trade-In

Did I miss the part where you shared what it actually cost you? If so, my apologies. If you didn't - I'm curious.

And is it okay to be the dissenter? I'd not have done this trade. 31k miles for a quality motorcycle like the modernized CB1100 is nothing. However, you did get ABS, which some people prefer (I don't). For these reasons, I'd not have made the deal (assuming you paid out some cash, correct?).

But in the end, all that really matters is how YOU feel about this. What makes you happy and satisfied. I don't get particularly attached to anything (except a few very special people), everything else is just "stuff" to me and easily replaced. Point being, if you're thrilled - that is all that matters, not what I would have done.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Took the deal. I get a new 2013 ABS with all mods from my old non-ABS moved over. The discontinuation of the Michelin PR3s clinched the deal -- would need new tires soon, but now I have another 8,000 miles (give or take) on the stock Bridgestone Battlax rubber before I decide on replacements. So, keep posting your Pirelli, etal reviews so I can benefit from your experiences. :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
918aa92cf0dbfe162c08ce32a7e91454.jpg
Great deal and move on your part--abs is what I would value the most and would like to have on my 13.
 
Nice. Very nice. And what a find.
 
Guth_imp said:
Oh man, this is one of my favorite threads in a long time.

So cool to see your brand new 2013 CB1100 — time warp. Sure, Honda has changed a number of things here and there, but for me, they've never been able to improve upon the look of the original design. Stunningly beautiful. Well done MTC!
Gentlemen,

I'm with Guth on this one. To me the 2013 bikes are the best looking CB1100's that have been made. Yeah I know there are many members that like the dual exhaust bikes and I needed to cover up that ugly catalytic converter but all in all the 2013 bikes hit the most high notes IMO. All the best.

Chip
 
Congrats MTC!

Are you planning on flushing brake and clutch systems with new DOT4? I've heard that brake fluid ages over time and now that you have the extra complexity of ABS, it might be a good idea.
 
Thread starter
curlyjoe_imp said:
Congrats MTC!

Are you planning on flushing brake and clutch systems with new DOT4? I've heard that brake fluid ages over time and now that you have the extra complexity of ABS, it might be a good idea.
I'll ask about that. Are the bikes shipped with brake fluid? This bike was still in its crate when my dealer picked it up.
noroomtomove_imp said:
19th of July 17
G'day EmptySea

Welcome to the owner of a pair of CB1100's built in the same year society.
#96 &#49, 2011
Thanks, noroomtomove, but I was only in that society for 30 seconds last night. I only own one 2013 CB1100 now, just a different one than 24 hours ago.
 
Brake fluid will darken with age and use. Since the bike was still in its crate, I imagine it was stored indoors, possibly climate controlled. If it looks quite light in color, which I imagine it does, there should be no need to change it.
 
Thread starter
And a quick word on how this bike wound up at Des Plaines Honda:

Honda has these "Bid Dayd" once or twice per year. Leftover bikes from Honda warehouses and bikes that Honda takes back from dealerships that are in liquidation are gathered in lots and dealers gather to bid on the lots that interest them. Some of the lots are bikes that were on dealer floors and some are bikes still in their crates. My 2013 CB1100 was in one of the 'crate' lots. My dealer is not sure if it was ever at a dealership, but he suspects that it was 'lost' somewhere in Honda's ginormous warehouse. The last 5 of the VIN are 00046, if that is of interest to anyone.

I pick it up at the end of the week. Pretty excited.
 
You will join an elite group of forum members who have bought 2 or more CB 1100s.
 
That shot's got the lot!
 
A new bike! And it's 4 years old. That's amazing. How well does it stop compared to the last one?
 
Lookin good Sea... And speaking of looking good, Hi Cheryl!
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
A new bike! And it's 4 years old. That's amazing. How well does it stop compared to the last one?
The rear brake doesn't squeak...yet. That's about all I know after 5 miles of riding. I can't ride today because we're hosting our kids' graduation parties here. Right now, my focus will be on getting the tank stickers off and the RLETs on.
 
Back
Top