Hurricane Florence

The A-man

Been there
Thread starter
Let's all wish the best for our friends in the Coastal Carolina! They're going to have a rough time in the next few days.
 
NC is going to get hit haaaard....SC government is strongly overreacting, as usual. big well wishes going out to anybody here who might be living near the out banks or coastal NC.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
NC is going to get hit haaaard....SC government is strongly overreacting, as usual. big well wishes going out to anybody here who might be living near the out banks or coastal NC.
I agree with you, and I have to work tomorrow. Instead of heading to work on the highway, I have to take the side streets as they are closing 26 east down at 5 a.m.
 
I hope Florence makes one of those unpredictable turns and dissipates at sea.

Best wishes to anyone who may be affected. Be careful.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I hope Florence makes one of those unpredictable turns and dissipates at sea.

Best wishes to anyone who may be affected. Be careful.
That's my sincere wish too because Florence will likely move northeast towards us. She will be downgraded by then, but it could still mean high winds and monsoon rains which can do a lot of damage.
Way up here in the northeast we never used to have to worry about storms like this, but the world, she be a-changin'.

My fingers are crossed and best wishes for all the folks along the U.S. coastal areas.
 
Our daughter and grand daughter left Johns Island just south of Charleston on Sunday and are staying with us in Asheville , husband staying, he is a nurse at the VA in Charleston.

They are more afraid of flooding than the wind as it is right now.
 
Luckily it will stay far enough north that I don't see it affecting my work travel schedule.
 
Rocky_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
I hope Florence makes one of those unpredictable turns and dissipates at sea.

Best wishes to anyone who may be affected. Be careful.
That's my sincere wish too because Florence will likely move northeast towards us. She will be downgraded by then, but it could still mean high winds and monsoon rains which can do a lot of damage.
Way up here in the northeast we never used to have to worry about storms like this, but the world, she be a-changin'.

My fingers are crossed and best wishes for all the folks along the U.S. coastal areas.
That's my sincere wish too because Florence will likely move northeast towards us. She will be downgraded by then, but it could still mean high winds and monsoon rains which can do a lot of damage. Way up here in the northeast we never used to have to worry about storms like this, but the world, she be a-changin'. My fingers are crossed and best wishes for all the folks along the U.S. coastal areas.
The trek up the coast use to be the norm. But this summer the storms have swept inland. Toronto got hit hard because Lake Ontario let the wind pick up. Here in Ottawa the winds are usually calmer, but we did get a few good soakings.
 
The forecast I read this morning is for a pretty ominous storm. Be safe everyone in the affected area.
 
Everyone in the area, how are you and yours?
 
Houtman_imp said:
Our daughter and grand daughter left Johns Island just south of Charleston on Sunday and are staying with us in Asheville , husband staying, he is a nurse at the VA in Charleston.

They are more afraid of flooding than the wind as it is right now.
I will be at the VA on Friday for an endoscopy. What's his name, and what section does he work in? I'd like to say hello, and that I know his father-in-law.
 
His name is Dan Shaver and he works at night as a psych nurse.
After your test you might end up in his department !
Just joking !
 
I just thought this might be a fun thread to share this story regarding Florence:

I recently ordered a set of Frame Sliders from Samurider, only to get a box with honda OEM engine guards at my front door about 4 days before the hurricane landed in NC. Of course, I let Mr. T know and he immediately figured out that my sliders had been sent to Bellingham Washington (do we have any members in Bellingham?), and that I had got some guards that belong to another fellow with a CB1100.

So we're doing a swap. I send his guards to Washington, he sends my sliders to SC, Mr. T pays everybody's shipping and everybody gets on with life. However, on account of the chicken-little-esque histeria in SC, all business and post offices were shuttered many days in advance of our little rainstorm, So I didn't ship the guards out until yesterday. Once I got a tracking number I sent it over to Mr. T and asked if our friend in Bellingham had a tracking number for me yet. Get this: he tells me the guy saw on the news all about the big storm in my area and was waiting for everything to pass!

I just had to write an email explaining to a guy in Japan and a guy in Washington how the weather anchors down here exaggerate everything, and the difference in distance between North and South Carolina. He was watching the news and thought charleston was a flooded wasteland.
 
Houtman_imp said:
His name is Dan Shaver and he works at night as a psych nurse.
After your test you might end up in his department !
Just joking !
Well, I hope not. I may not be right in the head, but I am not that wrong either...LOL.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
do we have anybody at all on the north carolina coast as a member?
That would be me, I live in New Bern. The wife and I left last Wednesday morning and drove to Delaware to stay with in-laws. Neighbors that stayed reported our house sustained no damage, thank God. However, there is still no power and it may be as long as 26 September before it’s restored. We will stay in Delaware till the weekend unless the power comes back on. CB is safe and sound inside the garage.
 
Back
Top