the Ferret
Road warrior
Fingers crossed
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Once my bike enters the high idle (1,500 rpm) mode after reaching operating temperature there is nothing I can do, except unplug the EOT sensor, to get the idle back to the normal 1050 rpm. I have tried your suggestions and they didn't work for me.Wisedrum_imp said:My CB developed higher idle revs when being warmed up without me knowing why.
Since summer I get used to it and talked to Honda engineers about this phenomenon. One gave me the tip to ignore it and take it as being normal. There are a lot of sensors interplaying with the ECU, but which one can be the reason the higher revs? Another engineer suggested to let the ECU reset by a honda dealer and if this will not cause any change, then a new program can be played into the EPROM, which was developed to stop the low rev idle problem. It may help.
I will do the first and maybe the second step next spring. All I found out 'til now is, the engine has higher idle revs when it is cold, 1.500U/min. Then, when the machine is slightly warmed up, the idle speed sinks slowly down to 1.050. So far so normal.
After a few more km the idle speed does not return from higher revs when I close the throttle to these revs, but stays at 1.500 as being cold. But I can bring the engine to have the normal idle speed again by either use the key off mode and then start the engine again. Or I slow the machine down in a high gear, which causes less then 1.500. Then the idle speed is normal. I often use the second method. The CB is somehow a machine of mircales and wonders. And it is a standard 2013 one.
Wisedrum
Yes.johnf514_imp said:Wisedrum, I had a a similar issue and recommend you get it looked at by certified techs as soon as possible. The high idle condition consumes more fuel, causes the engine to run hotter, and is dangerous as the high RPMs (mine were +2K when in gear) would pull me through corners rather than allow me to slow down in gear.
Honda needs to fix this for you as soon as possible.
OK, good deal there.tory_imp said:Hi, all CB1100 fan
Hunting rpm or idling too slow to idling too fast
solve by ECU software
before
after
This is EXACTLY what my bike is doing!!! All I have to do is convince the service department at Honda, here in San Diego Ca, that this is the problem. I will direct them to this site. Thank you so much!tory_imp said:Hi, all CB1100 fan
Hunting rpm or idling too slow to idling too fast
solve by ECU software
before
after
Hi Popgun. I talked to the Honda representative at the service desk where I bought the bike. He typed in my VIN and told me "I don't see any service bulletins or recall notices on this bike". And of course, followed by "you need to bring the bike in so that we can look at it." I plan to go back in and talk to them again as soon as I can get some additional information. I will ask tory if he can provide any additional information on the ECU software update they performed on his bike.Lord Popgun_imp said:Dave, have you called Honda of America about this?
Ulvetanna' pid='155568' dateline='1479651515 said:tory' pid='155502' dateline='1479594467 said:Hi, all CB1100 fan
Hi tory. Can you possibly provide additional information about the ECU software upgrade that I can provide to my Honda dealer to convince them that this is a problem that Honda is aware of, and has a fix for? It seems that here in the states our dealers don't understand the problem, or are aware of a solution. Is it possible that you can provide either a service bulletin number or anything else? Is there anything on your service receipt that could help my dealer here understand the repairs that are being performed in Thailand? Thank you very much.