How to remove rear signals?

HikerToo_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Can someone help describe what needs to come off to thread the turn signal wires out? I'm trying to install a Hepco becker C-mount which relocates the turn signals, I read the connectors are behind the battery box, but not sure how to remove black panel shown in picture to thread the wires through? Good rainy day project...maybe.
 
Expose the battery and unplug the orange and blue connectors. You can feed the wires out from that end.

4acf9424a18b41e03fb6f70bd7a742b5.jpg


de5db1c3cf4538a359e640f4fd6f439f.jpg
 
Thread starter
Thanks how about under the black metal where you see the 3 10mm silver bolt heads, do you disassemble anything there or just "feed" through?
 
Under your fender there are I'll believe 6 nuts/bolts that hold your tail light on. Remove those, then on your tail light there will be 2 Phillips screws and a couple clips how to remove the cover over the wires. Disconnect the bullet connectors for your turn signals. At this point you can remove the nut on the inside of your fender that is on the base of the turn signal. Hope that helps.
 
Copiche_imp said:
Under your fender there are I'll believe 6 nuts/bolts that hold your tail light on. Remove those, then on your tail light there will be 2 Phillips screws and a couple clips how to remove the cover over the wires. Disconnect the bullet connectors for your turn signals. At this point you can remove the nut on the inside of your fender that is on the base of the turn signal. Hope that helps.
I swapped out my turn signals, US model to Japanese model, and only had to remove the grab bar to remove the nut holding each turn signal stalk in place.
 
Back
Top