How to remove both wheels?

RandyBMC_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
I tried looking and didn’t see anything for both wheels at the same time. I have a normal car jack and a motorcycle jack. I need to pull off the wheels, and on my CB750K, the jack can hit both frame rails and I can strap and support it to pull both wheels. Doing a tire change on the 1100 and have to bring both wheels to the shop.

The CB1100 has exhaust in the way of the other side of the frame rail. How are you guys lifting the bike and removing both wheels?

Thanks!
 
I use the center stand and a jack under the engine. A piece of wood on the jack so no metal on metal.

I do the same with the ST.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I use the center stand and a jack under the engine. A piece of wood on the jack so no metal on metal.

I do the same with the ST.
And you can safely balance it with front and rear wheels removed?

Thanks!
 
RandyBMC_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I use the center stand and a jack under the engine. A piece of wood on the jack so no metal on metal.

I do the same with the ST.
And you can safely balance it with front and rear wheels removed?

Thanks!
And you can safely balance it with front and rear wheels removed?

Thanks!
Works fine for me and other members. Haven’t had any problems and it is steady. I do loosen the axle nuts and remove a front caliper first. I wouldn’t do other maintenance like that though.

That Pit Bull stand mentioned above would be great but I don’t have one.
 
I do the center stand and a rubber pad on my floor jack under the engine.
 
I would recommend putting the bike on the centerstand, and take the rear wheel off. Then remove the front calipers and loosen the front axle bolt and axle pinch bolts, all before lifting the front end with a jack.

And reassemble in the reverse order.
 
Centre stand and car jack on the engine bars. My IKEA step as extra insurance. I seem to remember posting this in another thread?

 
pekingduck_imp said:
I would recommend putting the bike on the centerstand, and take the rear wheel off. Then remove the front calipers and loosen the front axle bolt and axle pinch bolts, all before lifting the front end with a jack.

And reassemble in the reverse order.
+1

On my 2014, the hex nut at the end of the Honda oil filter cap wrench fit perfectly into the recess of the front axle. Once the axle bolt was removed, it was super easy to remove the axle using the cap wrench as a hand wheel to spin it out.
 
Tev62_imp said:
Centre stand and car jack on the engine bars. My IKEA step as extra insurance. I seem to remember posting this in another thread?
(+1) Yep. I don't use the stands, but keep the hoist in place nevertheless. If the hoist loses pressure, no problem: The centerstand and fork support (e.g. stool) takes care of things.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
pekingduck_imp said:
I would recommend putting the bike on the centerstand, and take the rear wheel off. Then remove the front calipers and loosen the front axle bolt and axle pinch bolts, all before lifting the front end with a jack.

And reassemble in the reverse order.
+1

On my 2014, the hex nut at the end of the Honda oil filter cap wrench fit perfectly into the recess of the front axle. Once the axle bolt was removed, it was super easy to remove the axle using the cap wrench as a hand wheel to spin it out.
I tried it and it fits! That's a great tip LR!
 
The last time that I did my tires I put the bike on the center stand and then propped up the front with a piece of wood under the triple clamp. It worked just fine.
 
Randy B_imp said:
The last time that I did my tires I put the bike on the center stand and then propped up the front with a piece of wood under the triple clamp. It worked just fine.
:thumbsup: Try not to over-think it. Just ensure it is safely secured from a personal injury to others and the machine.
 
Tev62_imp said:
Centre stand and car jack on the engine bars. My IKEA step as extra insurance. I seem to remember posting this in another thread?
Funny, this how I do it too. Right now my car is on my jack stands!
 
michael1954_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
Centre stand and car jack on the engine bars. My IKEA step as extra insurance. I seem to remember posting this in another thread?
Funny, this how I do it too. Right now my car is on my jack stands!
Funny, this how I do it too. Right now my car is on my jack stands!
:thumbsup:
 
Try an ABBA stand, can be used on any bike, bike can be positioned as you like, and it is very well made, will last forever.
 
I also use the centre stand and jack to take the front wheel off then support the forks with a custom wooden stand I made.
I don't like doing it but its perfectly safe if thought out properly but I'm always pleased when the front wheel is back in.
 
I use the center stand and a ratchet strap from the front forks to the rack for my garage door opener. Easy as can be.
 
Back
Top