HOW OEM IS YOUR CB ?

GoldOxide_imp said:
So far, the RLETs have not caused wind drag on my CB.









(can't wait to get back into the saddle again)
So, if they are installed on both levers how would you know? I'm no physis but, I would think, according to Newtonian physics, equal drag would cancel any perceptible pull in either direction, right? Has anyone tried riding with only one installed? That would be a true test of wind drag! Shoot, we could all be losing hard gained HP with these dang things attached!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
 
Gentlemen..

I give you Dick Mann's 1970 Daytona 200 winning CB 750

1bd57c8694a315daa5f5ddb7f6709f48.jpg


I draw your attention to the clutch lever visible against the white stripe in the fairing body

I REST MY CASE



.
 
Gentlemen, I give you Gary Jones AMA winning 1973 RC 250 Works MX racer, here racing against Factory Kawasaki rider Jimmy Weinert

6a8ad4d040549ba82023d06e6b6a1a1b.jpg


I draw your attention to the brake & clutch levers easily visible above his right leg and near the banner background

again... IRMC lol
 
Such a "polite looking" dirt track race. I assume the RLETs are not digitized in? ;)



(looks like Robert Plant crouching in the blurry background)
 
Lol thats what moto x looked like back in the early 70's.
 
For you naysayers, Ferret pictures are accurate!
Here is another case. This picture is a young Marty Smith. I seen him racing, I believe, in the 125cc class at Unadilla Motocross, NY. During the 1970s.
198ed554e6c7fd554da5177e7e4ffa32.jpg
 
As if RLETs ever truly needed justification around here, lol. But hey, I'll ride a little more proudly the next time I head out, RLETs installed of course.

Love the old MX shots. I thought I'd dig out some of my own old MX photos, but it turned out that I just don't have the patience to track them down tonight.
 
suhawk305_imp said:
For you naysayers, Ferret pictures are accurate!
Here is another case. This picture is a young Marty Smith. I seen him racing, I believe, in the 125cc class at Unadilla Motocross, NY. During the 1970s.
198ed554e6c7fd554da5177e7e4ffa32.jpg
this shot seems to confirm those reports that RLETs attract females. totally worth a little wind drag.
 
Baxtercat, your point of RLETS being a chick magnet may have validity. However, your point could be a hard pill to swallow. Back while I was in college, I took this nice young lady for a ride on my CL350. That young lady is now my wife. So that begs the question, was that young lady attracted to me or my RLETed Honda?
I may never know that answer. To be safe, I best keep on riding RLETed Hondas.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Gentlemen, I give you Gary Jones AMA winning 1973 RC 250 Works MX racer, here racing against Factory Kawasaki rider Jimmy Weinert

6a8ad4d040549ba82023d06e6b6a1a1b.jpg


I draw your attention to the brake & clutch levers easily visible above his right leg and near the banner background

again... IRMC lol
AWESOME PIC!!!!
that bike's aka the Elsinore CR250, right?

love that tshirt for chest protection
 
Yes that is the factory version of the CR 250 Elsinore

Here is the factory prototype (I'll be darned..what are those on the levers?) lol

9a9b219ff83a0169a7fae6a3c2e1a4eb.jpg
 
The ferret_imp said:
Yes that is the factory version of the CR 250 Elsinore

Here is the factory prototype (I'll be darned..what are those on the levers?) lol

9a9b219ff83a0169a7fae6a3c2e1a4eb.jpg
" ... what are those on the levers?"

Ferret: Did you take this photo? If so, what were you thinking about when you took it? :)
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Nemo, your bike looks like a nighthawk, :thumbsup:
:cool:

I was going for the look of the bike my mom didn’t let me get on my senior year of high school. For months I drooled over the 1982 (or 83 don’t remember), red and black nighthawk with bikini fairing. I believe it was a 700. Now I have its look alike. I’m sure my mom in heaven is po'd at me.
 
Back
Top