HOW OEM IS YOUR CB ?

GoldOxide_imp said:
Retsel_imp said:
Jet-Hot.com

Not ceramic.

Moved the RLETS to OEM, good catch! The universe is safe once more!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
RE Jet-Hot: Right. Can you share approximately the cost of that procedure on the CB? For some reason I was never able to get a response from a supplying vendor near here. From the image you provided, it appears quite nice.
RE Jet-Hot: Right. Can you share approximately the cost of that procedure on the CB? For some reason I was never able to get a response from a supplying vendor near here. From the image you provided, it appears quite nice. GoldOxide, it was a pretty simple process. When I first contacted them they had a large backlog so estimated turntime was to long for me. I waited a month or so and it was a lot better. The total process took about a month, including transit from California to North Carolina. They will give you an estimated turntime when you call. 800-432-3379

The cost, including return freight, was $275. Worth every penny IMHO.

Packaging was an issue, due the header's odd shape, but using several different boxes, and lots of packing material, I got'er done.

They provide a lifetime warranty, to the original purchaser, for one free recoat.

Keep in mind that they look more silver ceramic than chrome. And you can see any original surface texture flaws in the pipes. If I was to do it again, I'd probably go over them with 300 - 400 grit sandpaper, to smooth them out, before shipping. But, I'm happy with them as they are! It's been over a year and they look as good as the day I re-mounted them.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Retsel_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Retsel_imp said:
Jet-Hot.com

Not ceramic.

Moved the RLETS to OEM, good catch! The universe is safe once more!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
RE Jet-Hot: Right. Can you share approximately the cost of that procedure on the CB? For some reason I was never able to get a response from a supplying vendor near here. From the image you provided, it appears quite nice.
RE Jet-Hot: Right. Can you share approximately the cost of that procedure on the CB? For some reason I was never able to get a response from a supplying vendor near here. From the image you provided, it appears quite nice. GoldOxide, it was a pretty simple process. When I first contacted them they had a large backlog so estimated turntime was to long for me. I waited a month or so and it was a lot better. The total process took about a month, including transit from California to North Carolina. They will give you an estimated turntime when you call. 800-432-3379

The cost, including return freight, was $275. Worth every penny IMHO.

Packaging was an issue, due the header's odd shape, but using several different boxes, and lots of packing material, I got'er done.

They provide a lifetime warranty, to the original purchaser, for one free recoat.

Keep in mind that they look more silver ceramic than chrome. And you can see any original surface texture flaws in the pipes. If I was to do it again, I'd probably go over them with 300 - 400 grit sandpaper, to smooth them out, before shipping. But, I'm happy with them as they are! It's been over a year and they look as good as the day I re-mounted them.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
RE Jet-Hot: Right. Can you share approximately the cost of that procedure on the CB? For some reason I was never able to get a response from a supplying vendor near here. From the image you provided, it appears quite nice. GoldOxide, it was a pretty simple process. When I first contacted them they had a large backlog so estimated turntime was to long for me. I waited a month or so and it was a lot better. The total process took about a month, including transit from California to North Carolina. They will give you an estimated turntime when you call. 800-432-3379

The cost, including return freight, was $275. Worth every penny IMHO.

Packaging was an issue, due the header's odd shape, but using several different boxes, and lots of packing material, I got'er done.

They provide a lifetime warranty, to the original purchaser, for one free recoat.

Keep in mind that they look more silver ceramic than chrome. And you can see any original surface texture flaws in the pipes. If I was to do it again, I'd probably go over them with 300 - 400 grit sandpaper, to smooth them out, before shipping. But, I'm happy with them as they are! It's been over a year and they look as good as the day I re-mounted them.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Thank you Retsel. That is much appreciated feedback. I like silver look, so not a problem. I don't like Silver Oxide though. :) I understand they do other finishes, but I am not so interested in those.

Sounds like something best done when not riding some period of time.
 
Yes, significant down time and the longer turntime was in the winter and had to bite the bullet in the summer to get it done quicker. I sent off the EC to Guhl at the same time.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
4 X OEM

08e09e1885112b61d1bcf6f276ef5237.jpg

:D
 
are we still doing this?
OEM:
rlets, Pearl Hawkseye Blue tank, honda heated grips, European version rear license plate holder (no reflectors), honda rear rack (when touring)

not OEM:
Hurricane engine case guards, Genmar bar backs, Tom Tom Rider GPS

 
I have lots of plans for my 2014 Honda CB1100. I have already installed a full Yoshimura exhaust and Dart Fly Screen.

I have purchased the TSR intake parts for the Air Cleaner and Throttle Bodies to be installed this fall. I will need to do the Air mod to stop engine backfires as you throttle down. So many ways to accomplish this modification. Need to do the Reflash the CPU too. The bike is not broken in yet so I need to wait on this.

Then onto the looks. Honda Carbon Fiber Tank protector. Next to be purchased are the Carbon Fiber Air Filter Cover and Chain Guard. The the Yoshimura Oil Cooler Shield. But to get all these parts I need to sell off some bikes and parts. LOL!

I will round out the bike with getting the full Honda Tool Kit for it. After all these mods I will be done with it. I have to say I love the bike. Just done so right!

OH heck! Yes I installed the most important item... the RLET too!
 
On my 2013,
Side covers painted to match tank
Sw Motech crash bars
2014 engine sprocket cover
Michelin PR3 tires
Puig screen

NO RLETS!

Sparky's 2013
SW Motech crash bars
Highway pegs
SW Motech handlebar risers
Sargent custom seat
Michelin PR3 tires
Windstream screen

NO RLETS!
 
Mine is pretty much stock other than:

- Road Comet 2 Fairing
- Triumph Scrambler Black Mirrors
- Renthal Street Medium Black Handlebar
- ProGrip 719s
- Renthal Red Bar Ends
- Arrow Slip On Muffler, black ceramic coated
- Ceramic coated headers, black
- Black powder coated fenders
- Black Aluminum Mini Round Turn Signals
- 90 degree red valve stems from Kurvy Girl
- Moriwaki Frame sliders
- Sargent's Seat Modification (dished, widened, contrasting insert & red stitching)
- Hooded Lucas Tail Light Assembly, Powder coated black
- Knurl Retro café oil cap by ZRXMan01
- Metalmaven License Plate Bracket
- Under seat USP Port
- Tender Jr Pig Tail
- K&N Air Filter
- Puerto Rico Quarter Mod
- H4 3800 Lumen LED Headlight module
- O2 Sensor Eliminator Plug
- Kijima Grab Bar, Black
- RLETs
- Kaw Gaiters

I think that's it...


I forgot the Bridgestone Battlax T31 tires in 120/70 and 160/60.

Thant's it... I think...
:cool:
 
Nemo_imp said:
Mine is pretty much stock other than:

- Road Comet 2 Fairing
- Triumph Scrambler Black Mirrors
- Renthal Street Medium Black Handlebar
- ProGrip 719s
- Renthal Red Bar Ends
- Arrow Slip On Muffler, black ceramic coated
- Ceramic coated headers, black
- Black powder coated fenders
- Black Aluminum Mini Round Turn Signals
- 90 degree red valve stems from Kurvy Girl
- Moriwaki Frame sliders
- Sargent's Seat Modification (dished, widened, contrasting insert & red stitching)
- Hooded Lucas Tail Light Assembly, Powder coated black
- Knurl Retro café oil cap by ZRXMan01
- Metalmaven License Plate Bracket
- Under seat USP Port
- Tender Jr Pig Tail
- K&N Air Filter
- Puerto Rico Quarter Mod
- H4 3800 Lumen LED Headlight module
- O2 Sensor Eliminator Plug
- Kijima Grab Bar, Black
- RLETs
- Kaw Gaiters

I think that's it...


I forgot the Bridgestone Battlax T31 tires in 120/70 and 160/60.

Thant's it... I think...
:cool:
Yeah, not much going on there. :)

I think I nominate this CB as the darkest bike on the Forum.
 
teamvisegrip_imp said:
I have lots of plans for my 2014 Honda CB1100. I have already installed a full Yoshimura exhaust and Dart Fly Screen.

I have purchased the TSR intake parts for the Air Cleaner and Throttle Bodies to be installed this fall. I will need to do the Air mod to stop engine backfires as you throttle down. So many ways to accomplish this modification. Need to do the Reflash the CPU too. The bike is not broken in yet so I need to wait on this.

Then onto the looks. Honda Carbon Fiber Tank protector. Next to be purchased are the Carbon Fiber Air Filter Cover and Chain Guard. The the Yoshimura Oil Cooler Shield. But to get all these parts I need to sell off some bikes and parts. LOL!

I will round out the bike with getting the full Honda Tool Kit for it. After all these mods I will be done with it. I have to say I love the bike. Just done so right!

OH heck! Yes I installed the most important item... the RLET too!
>

"Full Honda toolkit" Visegrip?? Could you tell me more, please?

And can someone please put me out of my English misery and tell me what "RLETS" is/are, please? Or am I being a twat? Again?? :)
 
Back
Top