HOW OEM IS YOUR CB ?

peterbaron

Road warrior
Thread starter
Just for fun and look, no competition and no winner will be declared.

How original is your CB rules:
* no visual mods, tires, gaiters, RLET's = do not care
* OEM upgrade/accessories 2010-2019 = OK
* aftermarket added accessories = OK, not replacements
* at least one pic is mandatory. Limit to three.
* aftermarket: wheels, mirrors, exhaust, pegs, handle bar, lights, seats, fender eliminator, cafe project = sorry, no
* cannot list everything = common OEM sense :)

My OEM upgrade/accessories: 16.8 L tank, rear rack, engine guards
Aftermarket accessories : side racks/panniers by SW Motech, top box by Givi, windshield by National Cycle, RAM attachments

b848c9af37370dc14e0136b743ebd43a.jpg



4444fb9e2328eb5d3a53953c22a97d43.jpg
 
Mine's 100% stock except for the aftermarket fork brace that the prior owner installed for some reason. I'd toss it if it hadn't already sullied the finish on the forks. He also installed a barndoor-sized windscreen, bar backs, crash bars, highway pegs, grip puppies, aftermarket mirrors and a K&N air filter. Once I took delivery of the bike, they quickly found their way to the bottom of the trash heap.
 
Done:
Forks
- Replaced OEM fork springs with .80 wt fork springs from Race Tech.
- Race Tech Gold cartridge emulators with 2 addt'l bleed holes in each valve.
- Original damper rod holes enlarged from 1/4" to 5"16" & two addt'l holes drilled.
Shocks
- OEM shocks replaced with IKONs with lighter spring rate.
To Do:
- Order and install HB C Bow pannier mounts
- Order kit that adapts my Givi E21 bags to C Bow mounts
Above fork work done after phone consultation with technician from Race Tech.
 
18218013bb7456213c89737275f0a43f.jpg


SW crash guards; Marlin fly screen; Honda rack; fork gaiters; magnetic knee pads; R & G muffler protector; front Fenda Extenda; nothing spectacular.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Just for fun and look, no competition and no winner will be declared.

How original is your CB rules:
* no visual mods, tires, gaiters, RLET's = do not care
* OEM upgrade/accessories 2010-2019 = OK
* aftermarket added accessories = OK, not replacements
* at least one pic is mandatory. Limit to three.
* aftermarket: wheels, mirrors, exhaust, pegs, handle bar, lights, seats, fender eliminator, cafe project = sorry, no
* cannot list everything = common OEM sense :)

My OEM upgrade/accessories: 16.8 L tank, rear rack, engine guards
Aftermarket accessories : side racks/panniers by SW Motech, top box by Givi, windshield by National Cycle, RAM attachments

b848c9af37370dc14e0136b743ebd43a.jpg



4444fb9e2328eb5d3a53953c22a97d43.jpg
PB: I think you forgot the seat towel. :)
 
Factory JDM 2011 dark blue tank
Honda rear rack and top box w/one key system (keyed to the bike)
Honda crash bars
K&N air filter
Road Comet RC1 in matching dark blue and matching stripe with tall windscreen
Custom fit Corbin seat
 
Rocky, where did you get the magnetic tank pads?

Mine's stock except for:

• Superbrace that I won in a competition on the forum
• Daytona rack to support a Givi Top Box
• Healtech gear position indicator
• phone mount
• repainted side covers
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Just for fun and look, no competition and no winner will be declared.

How original is your CB rules:
* no visual mods, tires, gaiters, RLET's = do not care
* OEM upgrade/accessories 2010-2019 = OK
* aftermarket added accessories = OK, not replacements
* at least one pic is mandatory. Limit to three.
* aftermarket: wheels, mirrors, exhaust, pegs, handle bar, lights, seats, fender eliminator, cafe project = sorry, no
* cannot list everything = common OEM sense :)

My OEM upgrade/accessories: 16.8 L tank, rear rack, engine guards
Aftermarket accessories : side racks/panniers by SW Motech, top box by Givi, windshield by National Cycle, RAM attachments

b848c9af37370dc14e0136b743ebd43a.jpg



4444fb9e2328eb5d3a53953c22a97d43.jpg
PB: I think you forgot the seat towel. :)
PB: I think you forgot the seat towel. :)
:rofl: :thumbsup: ..GO, you are leading 1:0, but you missed fenda extenda
:cool:
 
0ebc180a3ab3cd56505b1ca8a9850c32.jpg


Honda OEM mods:
CB1100 Type II handlebars
CB1100 Japanese market seat
CB1100 chrome instrument gauge covers
RLETs

Non-OEM mods:
Staintune slip-on exhaust

I also have the Honda OEM rear rack for my CB but prefer the looks of the bike without it so it is only used as needed.
 
Vic, the website your photo is hosted on doesn't allow a hot link, at least to that picture.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Just for fun and look, no competition and no winner will be declared.

How original is your CB rules:
* no visual mods, tires, gaiters, RLET's = do not care
* OEM upgrade/accessories 2010-2019 = OK
* aftermarket added accessories = OK, not replacements
* at least one pic is mandatory. Limit to three.
* aftermarket: wheels, mirrors, exhaust, pegs, handle bar, lights, seats, fender eliminator, cafe project = sorry, no
* cannot list everything = common OEM sense :)

My OEM upgrade/accessories: 16.8 L tank, rear rack, engine guards
Aftermarket accessories : side racks/panniers by SW Motech, top box by Givi, windshield by National Cycle, RAM attachments

b848c9af37370dc14e0136b743ebd43a.jpg



4444fb9e2328eb5d3a53953c22a97d43.jpg
Since you mentioned tank..... For me, it was mainly a visual mod, but the 18+ liter tank really has added to the utility of the bike...

a8d30a1e72a15ee9992319bea35ae40b.jpg


The seat was also a major upgrade in my opinion

d65d443a8b3798eb11ee83c9ee99abbd.jpg


And finally, the tourmaster bags are fantastic...

c469ab1e97af42632e1a6fbd333523c3.jpg
 
tommymck, that's a CB750 with an 1100cc mill!
 
Randy B_imp said:
Factory JDM 2011 dark blue tank
Honda rear rack and top box w/one key system (keyed to the bike)
Honda crash bars
K&N air filter
Road Comet RC1 in matching dark blue and matching stripe with tall windscreen
Custom fit Corbin seat
I forgot to add the black peg plates from a 2014.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Just for fun and look, no competition and no winner will be declared.

How original is your CB rules:
* no visual mods, tires, gaiters, RLET's = do not care
* OEM upgrade/accessories 2010-2019 = OK
* aftermarket added accessories = OK, not replacements
* at least one pic is mandatory. Limit to three.
* aftermarket: wheels, mirrors, exhaust, pegs, handle bar, lights, seats, fender eliminator, cafe project = sorry, no
* cannot list everything = common OEM sense :)

My OEM upgrade/accessories: 16.8 L tank, rear rack, engine guards
Aftermarket accessories : side racks/panniers by SW Motech, top box by Givi, windshield by National Cycle, RAM attachments

b848c9af37370dc14e0136b743ebd43a.jpg



4444fb9e2328eb5d3a53953c22a97d43.jpg
PB: I think you forgot the seat towel. :)
PB: I think you forgot the seat towel. :)
:rofl: :thumbsup: ..GO, you are leading 1:0, but you missed fenda extenda
:cool:
PB: I think you forgot the seat towel. :)
:rofl: :thumbsup: ..GO, you are leading 1:0, but you missed fenda extenda
:cool:
Heh, but I don't understand. :sleepy:
 
Guth_imp said:
0ebc180a3ab3cd56505b1ca8a9850c32.jpg


Honda OEM mods:
CB1100 Type II handlebars
CB1100 Japanese market seat
CB1100 chrome instrument gauge covers
RLETs

Non-OEM mods:
Staintune slip-on exhaust

I also have the Honda OEM rear rack for my CB but prefer the looks of the bike without it so it is only used as needed.
Some bike models have "bad angle shots".

I don't think there is a bad angle shot on the CB1100. Your image, Guth, is one of the best angles.

I agree that the carrier does impede its beauty.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Rocky, where did you get the magnetic tank pads?

Mine's stock except for:

• Superbrace that I won in a competition on the forum
• Daytona rack to support a Givi Top Box
• Healtech gear position indicator
• phone mount
• repainted side covers
f6a4af3748051e4799179cc41f2a0e41.jpg


I bought the magnetic sheets from mag-knight.com in the U.S. and cut them from a pattern somebody posted here a couple of years ago.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention in my first post that I replaced the side covers with a matching painted set from Mr. T. I didn't have them when this picture was taken a couple of years ago, but they can be seen in my original post.
 
Vic_imp said:
:( used to link pics from there.

8a038da43137c2dbcde65c9a1da17bab.png
Thanks Vic. However I get:

Error 1011 Ray ID: xxxxxxxxxxx • 2019-02-12 12:03:44 UTC
Access denied
What happened?
The owner of this website (PictureLongmont) does not allow hotlinking to that resource (/plcontent/atCrockersOct2017.png).
 
Back
Top