uscgmac_imp
Been there
Yea, I would love to try out that road.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Especially a 200hp V-Max. Not that many bikes around with that kind of power. It'll make most everything else feel anemic...tomas_imp said:I thought I had all the power that I would ever need in the real world riding, and I still do think that way. But my son let me ride his new V-max the other day, and boy all I can say is what a beast. Massive amounts of torque & horsepower everywhere, never lacking for nothing. When I got back on my bike, in felt aneemic.![]()
Make a note: (never ride a more powerful bike than your own)
Novice_imp said:uscgmac_imp said:[url=http://s27.photobucket.com/user/14CharlieB11/media/CB_2nd_zpsqsnqp1sw.jpg.html]14CharlieBravo11_imp said:doubleg_imp said:How fast is 2nd gear good for. I've wound it out a few times without hitting the rev limiter and I think the speedo said I was doing 70'ish?
About 80mph.
About 80mph. How much gas do you have there, looking through your windshield looks like a far way away from any gas station. Looks like the middle of nowhere. Lol.
About 80mph.
How much gas do you have there, looking through your windshield looks like a far way away from any gas station. Looks like the middle of nowhere. Lol.
That's the kind of road to hit triple digits! I heard on some roads in Montana there are no speed limits :banana:
then you run out of gas in the middle of nowhere
:celebrate:Mickey,The ferret_imp said:Just for the record Rollie Free's Vincent that ran over 150 mph only had 70 horsepower
Is it just the fact that there is a limit on it that bothers you or do you have a need to go faster than 112? I ask only in the spirit of this thread, which I started out of curiosity to see how many actually use all that the CB is capable of. Critics lament the fact that it puts out less than 100 hp, but how many riders actually use all that it does. Critics in the MC rags were quick to point out the speed limiter, but how many riders break into triple digits on a regular basis. If the limit was raised to say 150, how many would notice? Maybe more than I think or it could be less, just curious.uscgmac_imp said:Very true, im just being over critical. I love the bike, just nit picking a little. The fz09 was on YouTube doing approx 135 stock so if it has one its set alot higher than ours. I will eventually flash the ecm, contemplating whether I should do it after the warranty expires.
Mickey,ChipBeck_imp said:Mickey,The ferret_imp said:Just for the record Rollie Free's Vincent that ran over 150 mph only had 70 horsepower
If you disabled your speed limiter and squeezed into your old high school swim team Speedo, I think you could hit 160 laid out across the seat with your toes pointed! This would certainly be the highlight of the upcoming Rally!!! :banana: :clap: :beerchug:
Chip
uscgmac' pid='89941' dateline='1431860658 said:Well I'm not going to lie, I've hit the speed limiter almost every time I've ridden the bike except for the break in. I've always wanted some more. I don't recommend it for anyone else but if you took a pole I would say most people have hit the speed limiter and wanted more. Do I have a need for it, well yes. I don't want my motorcycle limited and I want to go as fast as I want to. I just expect the bike to perform as an 1100 should. We all know the bike is capable for more. Some people won't or can't grab the concept of riding fast, it scares them and they are nervous and may get into trouble. I take trfhat into consideration and when I'm on a long stretch of open road with nobody around i like to goose it and go. If you don't agree than that is absolutely understandable. I'm only speaking about my bad habits, lol.:banana:
I would be comfortable with 130 to 140, that would be all I need, lol
Where can you go over 112 on Long Island??? Southern, Northern State, LIE, there all parking lots LOL , east of exit 60 is pretty open on the LIE but heavily monitored by State Police ( many trips to the Hampton's)
You really get about a extra 13mph unrestricted, after 125 it will take forever to get into the 130's. Its really not much fun over 130 because its such a slow process. The bike does zip to 125![]()
CIP57_imp said:Plenty of roads, especially the Ocean Pkwy, Sunrise hwy, southern, northern state Pkwy, LIE, Sunken Meadow, William Floyd and on and on. Plus who says you have to stay on Long Island?? Generally with motorcycles you are able to get right up to speed and right back down much quicker than most cars so it makes it fun for quick bursts. Not talking about endless miles over 100mph, just enough for passing multiple semi trucks and some thrill seeking, and when I'm late coming home and the wife's complaining, lol.uscgmac' pid='89941' dateline='1431860658 said:Well I'm not going to lie, I've hit the speed limiter almost every time I've ridden the bike except for the break in. I've always wanted some more. I don't recommend it for anyone else but if you took a pole I would say most people have hit the speed limiter and wanted more. Do I have a need for it, well yes. I don't want my motorcycle limited and I want to go as fast as I want to. I just expect the bike to perform as an 1100 should. We all know the bike is capable for more. Some people won't or can't grab the concept of riding fast, it scares them and they are nervous and may get into trouble. I take trfhat into consideration and when I'm on a long stretch of open road with nobody around i like to goose it and go. If you don't agree than that is absolutely understandable. I'm only speaking about my bad habits, lol.:banana:
I would be comfortable with 130 to 140, that would be all I need, lol
Where can you go over 112 on Long Island??? Southern, Northern State, LIE, there all parking lots LOL , east of exit 60 is pretty open on the LIE but heavily monitored by State Police ( many trips to the Hampton's)
You really get about a extra 13mph unrestricted, after 125 it will take forever to get into the 130's. Its really not much fun over 130 because its such a slow process. The bike does zip to 125![]()
I'm not telling anyone to go over 112, and if you want to go 112 its entirely up to you. I'm just saying the bike should have been limited to something a little higher than that and the owner can choose to do what he wants with it. My XR1200 did 135 and my Z1000 about 158 to 160. I figured this bike would do 130. Now with that said even getting to 112 on this bike is a bit of a chore. Have to be in 5th because 6th gear takes forever. This bike gets to 90 quickly then slowly climbs the rest of the way. Now remember I love this bike and I'm just being critical and I know it can be changed. I'm just saying speed and choices should be left to the consumer which is operating it. Lots are saying when I was younger I used to do this and that. Well I'm under 45 and still enjoy some thrills here and there. Maybe 20 yrs from now I'll think different.
uscgmac_imp said:Plenty of roads, especially the Ocean Pkwy, Sunrise hwy, southern, northern state Pkwy, LIE, Sunken Meadow, William Floyd and on and on. Plus who says you have to stay on Long Island?? Generally with motorcycles you are able to get right up to speed and right back down much quicker than most cars so it makes it fun for quick bursts. Not talking about endless miles over 100mph, just enough for passing multiple semi trucks and some thrill seeking, and when I'm late coming home and the wife's complaining, lol.CIP57_imp said:Plenty of roads, especially the Ocean Pkwy, Sunrise hwy, southern, northern state Pkwy, LIE, Sunken Meadow, William Floyd and on and on. Plus who says you have to stay on Long Island?? Generally with motorcycles you are able to get right up to speed and right back down much quicker than most cars so it makes it fun for quick bursts. Not talking about endless miles over 100mph, just enough for passing multiple semi trucks and some thrill seeking, and when I'm late coming home and the wife's complaining, lol.uscgmac' pid='89941' dateline='1431860658 said:Well I'm not going to lie, I've hit the speed limiter almost every time I've ridden the bike except for the break in. I've always wanted some more. I don't recommend it for anyone else but if you took a pole I would say most people have hit the speed limiter and wanted more. Do I have a need for it, well yes. I don't want my motorcycle limited and I want to go as fast as I want to. I just expect the bike to perform as an 1100 should. We all know the bike is capable for more. Some people won't or can't grab the concept of riding fast, it scares them and they are nervous and may get into trouble. I take trfhat into consideration and when I'm on a long stretch of open road with nobody around i like to goose it and go. If you don't agree than that is absolutely understandable. I'm only speaking about my bad habits, lol.:banana:
I would be comfortable with 130 to 140, that would be all I need, lol
Where can you go over 112 on Long Island??? Southern, Northern State, LIE, there all parking lots LOL , east of exit 60 is pretty open on the LIE but heavily monitored by State Police ( many trips to the Hampton's)
You really get about a extra 13mph unrestricted, after 125 it will take forever to get into the 130's. Its really not much fun over 130 because its such a slow process. The bike does zip to 125![]()
I'm not telling anyone to go over 112, and if you want to go 112 its entirely up to you. I'm just saying the bike should have been limited to something a little higher than that and the owner can choose to do what he wants with it. My XR1200 did 135 and my Z1000 about 158 to 160. I figured this bike would do 130. Now with that said even getting to 112 on this bike is a bit of a chore. Have to be in 5th because 6th gear takes forever. This bike gets to 90 quickly then slowly climbs the rest of the way. Now remember I love this bike and I'm just being critical and I know it can be changed. I'm just saying speed and choices should be left to the consumer which is operating it. Lots are saying when I was younger I used to do this and that. Well I'm under 45 and still enjoy some thrills here and there. Maybe 20 yrs from now I'll think different.
I'm not telling anyone to go over 112, and if you want to go 112 its entirely up to you. I'm just saying the bike should have been limited to something a little higher than that and the owner can choose to do what he wants with it. My XR1200 did 135 and my Z1000 about 158 to 160. I figured this bike would do 130. Now with that said even getting to 112 on this bike is a bit of a chore. Have to be in 5th because 6th gear takes forever. This bike gets to 90 quickly then slowly climbs the rest of the way. Now remember I love this bike and I'm just being critical and I know it can be changed. I'm just saying speed and choices should be left to the consumer which is operating it. Lots are saying when I was younger I used to do this and that. Well I'm under 45 and still enjoy some thrills here and there. Maybe 20 yrs from now I'll think different.
My final drive was 19/38's 2nd gear topped out at 97mph @ 9000rpm's and 3rd at 123, 4th was a slow process up to 140 (GPS 136) wind and HP the bike is tapped out in 4th
uscgmac, we have a get together at
CB1100 Forum
keep in eye on the thread.