how long is the lubricating oil replacement cycle

Peperapido_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
..not just oil, but entire petroleum business..was in Portugal last summer, ga$$$$ price/2x higher than in Canada = :huh:
The price of gasoline is about 1,6€~1.82USD today...but 1 liter, not 1 galon :blush:

Notice that this is almost the lowest price in this last year...

I always used Motul 7100, next time I'll try 5100 :beerchug:
The price of gasoline is about 1,6€~1.82USD today...but 1 liter, not 1 galon :blush:

Notice that this is almost the lowest price in this last year...

I always used Motul 7100, next time I'll try 5100 :beerchug:
1.60E = 2.43C$ = 1.82U$/ 1 liter

:beerchug:
 
Peperapido_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
..not just oil, but entire petroleum business..was in Portugal last summer, ga$$$$ price/2x higher than in Canada = :huh:
The price of gasoline is about 1,6€~1.82USD today...but 1 liter, not 1 galon :blush:

Notice that this is almost the lowest price in this last year...

I always used Motul 7100, next time I'll try 5100 :beerchug:
The price of gasoline is about 1,6€~1.82USD today...but 1 liter, not 1 galon :blush:

Notice that this is almost the lowest price in this last year...
Got brand name regular unleaded today for $0.949 Cdn per L (0.62 euro), and it is going down some more. Our U.S. folks probably still laugh at our price.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Actually, the Honda kit with filter and GN4 was about AU$80 from the dealer last time I looked.
Update: AU$66 today for oil and filter kit.
 
DBM_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I believe I pay about $35 for a gallon of GN 4 and an oem filter
I pay about $30.00 for a gallon of full synthetic Shell Rotella and a OEM Honda filter.
I pay about $30.00 for a gallon of full synthetic Shell Rotella and a OEM Honda filter.
Those numbers make sense fer 'merican prices.

What is the oil grade of the Shell Rotella? Walmart?
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
DBM_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I believe I pay about $35 for a gallon of GN 4 and an oem filter
I pay about $30.00 for a gallon of full synthetic Shell Rotella and a OEM Honda filter.
I pay about $30.00 for a gallon of full synthetic Shell Rotella and a OEM Honda filter.
Those numbers make sense fer 'merican prices.

What is the oil grade of the Shell Rotella? Walmart?
I suspect he's using Rotella T6 5w-40. It's the only full synthetic Rotella that meets the JASO-MA spec required by Honda. They also make a non-synth version (T4) in 15w-40 that meets the spec.

I usually buy the gallon jug of T6 at Walmart for around $21-$22.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
DBM_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I believe I pay about $35 for a gallon of GN 4 and an oem filter
I pay about $30.00 for a gallon of full synthetic Shell Rotella and a OEM Honda filter.
I pay about $30.00 for a gallon of full synthetic Shell Rotella and a OEM Honda filter.
Those numbers make sense fer 'merican prices.

What is the oil grade of the Shell Rotella? Walmart?
I suspect he's using Rotella T6 5w-40. It's the only full synthetic Rotella that meets the JASO-MA spec required by Honda. They also make a non-synth version (T4) in 15w-40 that meets the spec.

I usually buy the gallon jug of T6 at Walmart for around $21-$22.
I suspect he's using Rotella T6 5w-40. It's the only full synthetic Rotella that meets the JASO-MA spec required by Honda. They also make a non-synth version (T4) in 15w-40 that meets the spec.

I usually buy the gallon jug of T6 at Walmart for around $21-$22.
Thanks Flynrider.

The 15W40 makes sense in the Arizona hot season. I have considered the T6 5W40 for more northern climate.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
DBM_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I believe I pay about $35 for a gallon of GN 4 and an oem filter
I pay about $30.00 for a gallon of full synthetic Shell Rotella and a OEM Honda filter.
I pay about $30.00 for a gallon of full synthetic Shell Rotella and a OEM Honda filter.
Those numbers make sense fer 'merican prices.

What is the oil grade of the Shell Rotella? Walmart?
I suspect he's using Rotella T6 5w-40. It's the only full synthetic Rotella that meets the JASO-MA spec required by Honda. They also make a non-synth version (T4) in 15w-40 that meets the spec.

I usually buy the gallon jug of T6 at Walmart for around $21-$22.
I suspect he's using Rotella T6 5w-40. It's the only full synthetic Rotella that meets the JASO-MA spec required by Honda. They also make a non-synth version (T4) in 15w-40 that meets the spec.

I usually buy the gallon jug of T6 at Walmart for around $21-$22.
Yes sir. Been using Rotella T6 for many years. Meets ALL the standards for ALL engines at 1/3 the price. I use T4 for break in.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
DBM_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I believe I pay about $35 for a gallon of GN 4 and an oem filter
I pay about $30.00 for a gallon of full synthetic Shell Rotella and a OEM Honda filter.
I pay about $30.00 for a gallon of full synthetic Shell Rotella and a OEM Honda filter.
Those numbers make sense fer 'merican prices.

What is the oil grade of the Shell Rotella? Walmart?
I suspect he's using Rotella T6 5w-40. It's the only full synthetic Rotella that meets the JASO-MA spec required by Honda. They also make a non-synth version (T4) in 15w-40 that meets the spec.

I usually buy the gallon jug of T6 at Walmart for around $21-$22.
I suspect he's using Rotella T6 5w-40. It's the only full synthetic Rotella that meets the JASO-MA spec required by Honda. They also make a non-synth version (T4) in 15w-40 that meets the spec.

I usually buy the gallon jug of T6 at Walmart for around $21-$22.
Thanks Flynrider.

The 15W40 makes sense in the Arizona hot season. I have considered the T6 5W40 for more northern climate.
No real difference for me. Both types are 40 weight when hot. True that the 5W is better if you're riding in really cold weather.

I actually used to use the non-synth 15w-40 version, but I found through oil analysis that the non-synth was breaking down much faster during the blazing hot months of summer. Tests I ran on the full synth T6 showed that it held up much better, so I just switched to using that year round.
 
Back
Top