how long is the lubricating oil replacement cycle

Peperapido_imp said:
Django_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Well that makes more sense. Figured the heat was getting to you lol.

I trust Honda and all, but I'm not going 16,000 miles on an oil filter that only costs $12.
+1

No oil change without oil filter change.
+1

No oil change without oil filter change.
+2

Changing oil without changing oil filter is like taking a bath and using the same underwear :D
+1

No oil change without oil filter change.
+2

Changing oil without changing oil filter is like taking a bath and using the same underwear :D
+3
 
Peperapido_imp said:
Django_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Well that makes more sense. Figured the heat was getting to you lol.

I trust Honda and all, but I'm not going 16,000 miles on an oil filter that only costs $12.
+1

No oil change without oil filter change.
+1

No oil change without oil filter change.
+2

Changing oil without changing oil filter is like taking a bath and using the same underwear :D
+1

No oil change without oil filter change.
+2

Changing oil without changing oil filter is like taking a bath and using the same underwear :

If you keep your underwear on while taking a bath you and your undies get clean all at the same time !
 
Houtman_imp said:
Peperapido_imp said:
Django_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Well that makes more sense. Figured the heat was getting to you lol.

I trust Honda and all, but I'm not going 16,000 miles on an oil filter that only costs $12.
+1

No oil change without oil filter change.
+1

No oil change without oil filter change.
+2

Changing oil without changing oil filter is like taking a bath and using the same underwear :D
+1

No oil change without oil filter change.
+2

Changing oil without changing oil filter is like taking a bath and using the same underwear :

If you keep your underwear on while taking a bath you and your undies get clean all at the same time !
+1

No oil change without oil filter change.
+2

Changing oil without changing oil filter is like taking a bath and using the same underwear :

If you keep your underwear on while taking a bath you and your undies get clean all at the same time !
..hm, let me think :angel: , how did the sponge bath by all eight nurses at once go after your operation..popgun & forum members never got your answer :P
 
The only time I mix "underwear" with "oil filter" is when I wipe the CB engine oil filter port.

Clean underwear, of course ... nothing less for my CB.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
Peperapido_imp said:
Django_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Well that makes more sense. Figured the heat was getting to you lol.

I trust Honda and all, but I'm not going 16,000 miles on an oil filter that only costs $12.
+1

No oil change without oil filter change.
+1

No oil change without oil filter change.
+2

Changing oil without changing oil filter is like taking a bath and using the same underwear :D
+1

No oil change without oil filter change.
+2

Changing oil without changing oil filter is like taking a bath and using the same underwear :

If you keep your underwear on while taking a bath you and your undies get clean all at the same time !
+1

No oil change without oil filter change.
+2

Changing oil without changing oil filter is like taking a bath and using the same underwear :

If you keep your underwear on while taking a bath you and your undies get clean all at the same time !
..hm, let me think :angel: , how did the sponge bath by all eight nurses at once go after your operation..popgun & forum members never got your answer :P
+1

No oil change without oil filter change.
+2

Changing oil without changing oil filter is like taking a bath and using the same underwear :

If you keep your underwear on while taking a bath you and your undies get clean all at the same time !
..hm, let me think :angel: , how did the sponge bath by all eight nurses at once go after your operation..popgun & forum members never got your answer.
I will tell you after the law suit is settled.....
 
Tagged for updates... :P
 
Most of us don't put 8000 miles (or 12,000Km) on our bikes in a year. Note that the manual also says to replace the oil annually regardless, so my guess is that the average for most of us is going to be closer to 3 or 4 thousand anyway.
 
tommymck_imp said:
Most of us don't put 8000 miles (or 12,000Km) on our bikes in a year. Note that the manual also says to replace the oil annually regardless, so my guess is that the average for most of us is going to be closer to 3 or 4 thousand anyway.
...actually, this is my annual minimum, and this year, I plan to double it..:D
 
I'd love to do that much, but practically speaking, with 4 bikes, I'm not likely to put more than 3000 miles on any.
 
Unfortunately I don't ride a lot (5000~6000km a year), but I change oil and filter each year. It's too risky not to do it. But I do it at home, so it costs me about 40~50€.
 
Just for global cost comparison, a do-it-yourself oil and filter change in Canada is about $57 (about 37.70 euros, or $42.90 USD) all regional taxes in. This includes Honda filter and GN4 oil.

... or about $59.97 AusD.

I am pretty sure it is markedly cheaper in the U.S.
 
I believe I pay about $35 for a gallon of GN 4 and an oem filter
 
Actually, the Honda kit with filter and GN4 was about AU$80 from the dealer last time I looked.
 
I said 40~50€ with honda oem oil filter and a galon of Motul 7100 10w30. A galon of honda synthetic 10w30 costs about 70€ in Portugal!!! Oil is a strange business here in Europe....
 
..not just oil, but entire petroleum business..was in Portugal last summer, ga$$$$ price/2x higher than in Canada = :huh:
 
I've used Motul 5100 10W40 a few times and it is wonderful. Not as expensive as the 7100, but clutch behaviour is somewhat more luxurious compared to the GN4. Motul also has some sort of perfume'ish scent. If lucky, sometimes the 5100 goes on sale for $51 Cdn.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
..not just oil, but entire petroleum business..was in Portugal last summer, ga$$$$ price/2x higher than in Canada = :huh:
The price of gasoline is about 1,6€~1.82USD today...but 1 liter, not 1 galon :blush:

Notice that this is almost the lowest price in this last year...

I always used Motul 7100, next time I'll try 5100 :beerchug:
 
Back
Top