GoldOxide_imp
Road warrior
Aw man, I since problem to have! :-/jitaylor_imp said:That is great.redbirds_imp said:Mine has been sitting since late December when I had heart surgery. My doctor has cleared me to start riding again and the rain has finally stopped so I'm riding today. Forecast is clear and 75F.
Some how the poisons are chosen for us. I was supposed to be Phoenix boy, but that never materialized. We'll check-in June/July to ensure your tires haven't melted somewhere in the suburbs.GoldOxide_imp said:Some how the poisons are chosen for us. I was supposed to be Phoenix boy, but that never materialized. We'll check-in June/July to ensure your tires haven't melted somewhere in the suburbs.Flynrider_imp said:Two months? I had the misfortune to spend 5 days up in Idaho back in December which coincided with their first winter snow storm. That was waaay too much for me. I don't know how you northern people do it.The ferret_imp said:One of my best friends lives in Minnesota. Every winter he curses his ancestors for settling in that area. Of course due to job (since retired) kids and grandkids he is stuck living there. He does go to Mexico for 2 months every winter just to get away from the snow and cold.
I'm not sure , as a matter of fact I'm positive, that I could not live where winter may last for 8 months of the year. Our 2 months of winter is too much for me.
Due to yesterdays freak snow storm I am stuck in the house today and maybe tomorrow and it's driving me nuts. Shouldn't be a shut in the house in the month of March due to snow/ice.
I see this at my local airport in the winter. The locals are wearing jackets and hats, while Canadians are jumping out of their planes wearing shorts, T-shirts and sunglasses.Django_imp said:1986, when I still was a student, a German friend invited me to stay some weeks in his flat in Orlanda, FL. He had his first job as an engineer for a German company, who sent him for a one year project to Orlando.tinboatcapt_imp said:Yes. The climate in the Peoples Democratic Republic of Minnesota is challenging. The current iteration of the off season is actually what I remember the winters of the late 60's and 70's to have been. The trick back then was to put a tennis ball on the car radio antenna so you could be seen by other traffic over the drifts and snow banks at intersections. It is like that again this year.
Much of the climate change noise probably rises from the series of warmer than normal winters we have had the past few years. as welcome as they were, it spawned complacency.
My bi...complaining rises out of having just returned from five weeks in the southern tropics. I'm suffering 'climate shock'. like the other snow birds, I find a way to take a break from winter. This winter it just wasn't over yet.
Jim
That was February, March. When we took a bath in the Atlantic ocean at Daytona beach at that time, they asked us, if we were from Alaska, as only those guys would take a bath in the Atlantic during winter time.
Water temperature was 24°C btw.
We are desperate. AZ and FL probably get annoyed sometimes from the feathers we shed.Flynrider_imp said:Two months? I had the misfortune to spend 5 days up in Idaho back in December which coincided with their first winter snow storm. That was waaay too much for me. I don't know how you northern people do it.The ferret_imp said:One of my best friends lives in Minnesota. Every winter he curses his ancestors for settling in that area. Of course due to job (since retired) kids and grandkids he is stuck living there. He does go to Mexico for 2 months every winter just to get away from the snow and cold.
I'm not sure , as a matter of fact I'm positive, that I could not live where winter may last for 8 months of the year. Our 2 months of winter is too much for me.
Due to yesterdays freak snow storm I am stuck in the house today and maybe tomorrow and it's driving me nuts. Shouldn't be a shut in the house in the month of March due to snow/ice.
I see this at my local airport in the winter. The locals are wearing jackets and hats, while Canadians are jumping out of their planes wearing shorts, T-shirts and sunglasses.Django_imp said:1986, when I still was a student, a German friend invited me to stay some weeks in his flat in Orlanda, FL. He had his first job as an engineer for a German company, who sent him for a one year project to Orlando.tinboatcapt_imp said:Yes. The climate in the Peoples Democratic Republic of Minnesota is challenging. The current iteration of the off season is actually what I remember the winters of the late 60's and 70's to have been. The trick back then was to put a tennis ball on the car radio antenna so you could be seen by other traffic over the drifts and snow banks at intersections. It is like that again this year.
Much of the climate change noise probably rises from the series of warmer than normal winters we have had the past few years. as welcome as they were, it spawned complacency.
My bi...complaining rises out of having just returned from five weeks in the southern tropics. I'm suffering 'climate shock'. like the other snow birds, I find a way to take a break from winter. This winter it just wasn't over yet.
Jim
That was February, March. When we took a bath in the Atlantic ocean at Daytona beach at that time, they asked us, if we were from Alaska, as only those guys would take a bath in the Atlantic during winter time.
Water temperature was 24°C btw.
We are desperate. AZ and FL probably get annoyed sometimes from the feathers we shed.Flynrider_imp said:Two months? I had the misfortune to spend 5 days up in Idaho back in December which coincided with their first winter snow storm. That was waaay too much for me. I don't know how you northern people do it.The ferret_imp said:One of my best friends lives in Minnesota. Every winter he curses his ancestors for settling in that area. Of course due to job (since retired) kids and grandkids he is stuck living there. He does go to Mexico for 2 months every winter just to get away from the snow and cold.
I'm not sure , as a matter of fact I'm positive, that I could not live where winter may last for 8 months of the year. Our 2 months of winter is too much for me.
Due to yesterdays freak snow storm I am stuck in the house today and maybe tomorrow and it's driving me nuts. Shouldn't be a shut in the house in the month of March due to snow/ice.
I see this at my local airport in the winter. The locals are wearing jackets and hats, while Canadians are jumping out of their planes wearing shorts, T-shirts and sunglasses.Django_imp said:1986, when I still was a student, a German friend invited me to stay some weeks in his flat in Orlanda, FL. He had his first job as an engineer for a German company, who sent him for a one year project to Orlando.tinboatcapt_imp said:Yes. The climate in the Peoples Democratic Republic of Minnesota is challenging. The current iteration of the off season is actually what I remember the winters of the late 60's and 70's to have been. The trick back then was to put a tennis ball on the car radio antenna so you could be seen by other traffic over the drifts and snow banks at intersections. It is like that again this year.
Much of the climate change noise probably rises from the series of warmer than normal winters we have had the past few years. as welcome as they were, it spawned complacency.
My bi...complaining rises out of having just returned from five weeks in the southern tropics. I'm suffering 'climate shock'. like the other snow birds, I find a way to take a break from winter. This winter it just wasn't over yet.
Jim
That was February, March. When we took a bath in the Atlantic ocean at Daytona beach at that time, they asked us, if we were from Alaska, as only those guys would take a bath in the Atlantic during winter time.
Water temperature was 24°C btw.
Not at all GO, everyone loves Canadians down here. And besides, someone has to swim in the water before mid-April, the official opening of beach season. You guys have the whole ocean to yourselves until then !
So far, 'round 4 days. Other bike gets the call somedays. It is very, very hard for me to not ride a motorcycle. It is like surfers on a no surf day. I just feel rotten if I don't get to ride.
That said, the season climate is starting to change for the better up here. No more deep cold spells ... hope I did not speak too soon. Ground is getting very soggy.

