How high you can get.

Cresty_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Took a ride up to the look out on Mount Harrison today. Elevation of 9,265 feet. Beautiful but chilly and lots of wind. CB didn't seem to mind being there. Stop and fish for a while on the way down at Lake Cleveland. Note! the ride was better than the fishing.
Any day you can get vertical and ride your bike is a good day.
1946 Doodle Bug
1973 Honda CB350F
2014 Honda CB1100-E
 
We, my riding friends and I in Northern CA, have what we (cleverly) call the "The 3 Passes Ride".. Up over Sonora Pass at 9,624 ft, then Monitor Pass at 8,314 ft, and finally over Ebbetts pass at 8,736 ft.. It's the kind of ride that really lets you know

365+ miles round trip..
 
I've ridden 2 of those passes, Monitor and Ebbets. Great riding! My nephew lives in Minden Nv and I borrowed his NC700 last year and rode the passes.
 
Start climbing Pete and we'll tell you when to stop.
 
I can get to 88.1 feet in my city...

Will that affect fueling? :P
 
Surprised your bike(s) even run at that altitude. :D
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Surprised your bike(s) even run at that altitude. :D
I rode a BMW motorcycle in the Andes Mountains of Peru and was often at altitudes far above 9,600 feet.
I could barely breathe, but the bike ran great.
 
Rocky, I saw on a TV show that you have to buy a big bag of coca leaves and chew on them. Guess the bike doesn't need them :)
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Rocky, I saw on a TV show that you have to buy a big bag of coca leaves and chew on them. Guess the bike doesn't need them :)
I tried that, but it didn't seem to help much. They aren't very tasty to say the least :D
Computer controlled fuel injection keeps the bikes rolling.
 
On this summer's tour of the Rockies I rode over half a dozen passes over 10,500 ft. The CB ran like a top at altitude.

By comparison I'd ridden most of those passes back in the 80s on a KZ with slide carbs and the bike was choking to death above 10K ft.
 
Rocky_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Rocky, I saw on a TV show that you have to buy a big bag of coca leaves and chew on them. Guess the bike doesn't need them :)
I tried that, but it didn't seem to help much. They aren't very tasty to say the least :D
Computer controlled fuel injection keeps the bikes rolling.
I tried that, but it didn't seem to help much. They aren't very tasty to say the least :D
Computer controlled fuel injection keeps the bikes rolling.
I tried that years ago when I was in the Andes. You need to put a small pebble in your mouth while you are chewing.
 
I live at 8,000'. Made a quick loop up to 10,600' Echo Lake this afternoon. There are paved roads around here that take you to 14,000+'.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
I live at 8,000'. Made a quick loop up to 10,600' Echo Lake this afternoon. There are paved roads around here that take you to 14,000+'.
Must be majestic. 14000 feet is lofty indeed.
 
I'd like to get high and look at the night sky without all of the light pollution, er, I mean, I'd like to go to the top of a high mountain. Maybe in Colorado.:biker:
 
Back
Top