How do I take off the rear brake fluid cap?

dimitrix_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
I want to replace my brake fluid, but the rear brake fluid reservoir is right underneath the metal frame's crossbar such that I can't unscrew the cap all the way. How do you guys manage to take off the cap? Do I seriously have to unscrew the reservoir from the frame?
 
That's what i did, not wanting to break the plastic tab off, it does give you more room to work with and mine was pretty tight screwed into the flat funny nut that lives in the plastic mudguard but i happened to be determined.

cheer max
 
Come on, its only one screw and not a big deal at all. Then the cap comes off very easily.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Come on, its only one screw and not a big deal at all. Then the cap comes off very easily.
I can barely get a wrench in that tight space and none of my sockets fit...
 
dimitrix_imp said:
I want to replace my brake fluid, but the rear brake fluid reservoir is right underneath the metal frame's crossbar such that I can't unscrew the cap all the way. How do you guys manage to take off the cap? Do I seriously have to unscrew the reservoir from the frame?
Why not? Just a little extra effort to avoid spills and scratches. Keep that stuff from dripping on your paint. That's what the wrist-warmers on the front brake reservoirs are for on race/sportbikes. They keep the brake fluid from weeping out into the slipstream and then damaging the paint.

Nice to see you guys keeping these things going; the last of the air-cooled inline fours.
 
NONE of your sockets fit? It is metric you know...
 
Hey, we’re here to help :banana: :hello:
 
Back
Top