Houtman's new wheel chock

The A-man

Been there
Thread starter
Guys - I'm posting a pic for Houtman of his new Baxley wheel chock. Looks like a nice solution if you don't have a center stand. See his post for more info.


 
For many years I used the Baxley LA Chock when transporting a bike on my trailer , very well made and you can load the bike by yourself.
When I lost the center stand on my 2013 after putting the Moriwaki 4 into 4 on the bike I ordered the Baxley Sports Chock ( $ 200 plus shipping ) Again very well made and now the bike can stand straight up without a worry of tipping over. I will probably order another two for my other bikes , I can than use a rear stand if oiling the chain or taking a wheel out.
I would like to thank Amos again for posting the picture , we ( I mean my wife !) have to learn to do this ourself in the near future.
 
How will you hold the bike up to take out the front wheel, Houtman?

A-Man thank you for the assistance posting Houtman’s pictures. :D
 
Cormanus_imp said:
How will you hold the bike up to take out the front wheel, Houtman?

A-Man thank you for the assistance posting Houtman’s pictures. :D
For taking the front wheel out I use a Pit Bull front stand , very easy to use by yourself. A pin fits into the head stock of the bike.
 
Houtman,

What pin number do you use for the Pit Bull?
 
Thank you sir!
 
How hard is it to back the bike out of that chock? I have used chocks before (on a trailer) that took about all I had to get the bike backed out of the chock
 
The ferret_imp said:
How hard is it to back the bike out of that chock? I have used chocks before (on a trailer) that took about all I had to get the bike backed out of the chock
Not hard at all. A bike is well locked in place, but it comes out very easily. Just give it a moderate heave on the bars and out it comes.
 
It is very easy to get the bike in and out , easier than using the center stand. The Baxley has a lever on it to keep it in the chock , you can lock/unlock it with your feet.
I just came home from a ride on the BRP and used the chock when I put the bike in the garage. I will order two more , still strong and fit enough for using the center stand but I like to make things easy !
 
I think the ones I used before were a condor?
 
The ferret_imp said:
I think the ones I used before were a condor?
If you Google the Baxley chocks reviews you will be very impressed.
With my Race Deck flooring I had to put thin plywood down to prevent the center or side stand making an indentation ; with the Baxley chock no need for that.
 
Back
Top