Horn Upgrade. Really LOUD air horn. OMG !!!

Havasu Secret_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hello fellow CB1100 riders. I wanted to post about a new horn upgrade I just finished installing. SUPER easy and took only 30 minutes to do the upgrade. I removed the stock two Honda horns that sounded terrible and like a 1963 VW. I purchased the Denali air horn combo and relay from Amazon. I will include the links in the bottom part of this post. Everywhere I looked, I could not find a video that really depicted the actual sound of the horn before I purchased it, so I just took a gamble and bought it. Easy one nut removal of the stock horn bracket, removed the stock horn clips and installed the Denali horn right onto the existing Honda horn bracket and connected up the relay. Tie wrapped the wires to hide the wires better (should have used black tie wraps) and I was done. OMG what a big difference. First day out, I was cut off by a car with someone on their darn cell phone. I hit the horn and sacred the pee out of the driver in the car. Saved my life right then and there. Best investment in my bike this year!!! See, video and links below. Ride Safe CB1100 riders!!!

f62cd812c017743b1d63be273a23a23a.mp4



Before Upgrade:
5c12f2fc52f51ccb478b59b90949e894.jpg


After Upgrade:
c709bbf7863fc7461a9cb39abc3789c3.jpg


Purchase Info:
HORN...

https://www.amazon.com/Racing-Denali-Sou...150&sr=8-1

Relay Kit...

[url=https://www.amazon.com/Wiring-Harness-for-SoundBomb-Horns/dp/B081S7NZ2Q/ref=pd_bxgy_img_sccl_1/140-8883067-0288141?pd_rd_w=GsP7W&content-id=amzn1.sym.43d28dfc-aa4f-4ef6-b591-5ab7095e137f&pf_rd_p=43d28dfc-aa4f-4ef6-b591-5ab7095e137f&pf_rd_r=WDV9KCJ30QN5E4NPFM86&pd_rd_wg=iqvkm&pd_rd_r=d8d1437e-4df9-4871-9228-30ee854ddfdd&pd_rd_i=B081S7NZ2Q&psc=1]https://www.amazon.com/Wiring-Harness-fo...NZ2Q&psc=1
 
what is the big red thing on the brake lever?
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
lol - some days I could indeed use one of those.

So the bike didn't stall out when the horn was activated? :)
No bike stall. Not even a hiccup. Works perfectly, just like it did with the stock horn.
DutchRutter_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
what is the big red thing on the brake lever?
Looks like an anti-theft device. Locks the lever tight to the bar?
Looks like an anti-theft device. Locks the lever tight to the bar?
You are correct, it is an anti-theft device.
 
Interesting, thanks. So you don't use the fork lock?
 
Yea... a brake lever can be cut quickly / easily and ridden away with no concern in the world.

Steering lock is not only free but a MUCH greater deterrent.

But I guess there is a market for everything...as not all people think alike.

On that note- I'm all for upgrading parts of my bike- and a louder horn has some value in my mind....but definitely not at the cost of ...questionable appearance...
 
Havasu Secret_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
lol - some days I could indeed use one of those.

So the bike didn't stall out when the horn was activated? :)
No bike stall. Not even a hiccup. Works perfectly, just like it did with the stock horn.
DutchRutter_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
what is the big red thing on the brake lever?
Looks like an anti-theft device. Locks the lever tight to the bar?
Looks like an anti-theft device. Locks the lever tight to the bar?
You are correct, it is an anti-theft device.
No bike stall. Not even a hiccup. Works perfectly, just like it did with the stock horn.

...
lol - I was of course kiddin'.

Some riders out there have "steam locomotive" loud "horns".

:thumbsup: on the short video demo.
 
I like the look of the original horns, so I would be more inclined to mount that ear-blaster someplace else and leave the originals alone.
 
Back
Top