Yet another battery thread...

My dealer sells the OEM made in Japan batteries and cheaper ones not made in Japan. Not sure if they are Yuasa or not and may be flooded cell batteries, like the one you got.

I won’t use a flooded cell battery in my bike. Some like lithium, but I personally am not ready to use them for, well, reasons.
 
Thread starter
Gone in 60_imp said:
Huh. Last Yuasa I ordered for my CB came with the separate juice bottle, but that was from Revzilla or Bike Bandit, can't remember. Guess they come ready to use from the dealer so they can just be dropped in? If so, yeah, I wouldn't want a year-old one.

Then they gave you the incorrect battery.
 
Huh. Now you got me all worried. Searched my purchase history, turns out I got my Yuasa from Amazon. Correct YTZ14S, matched all of the model and part numbers on the OEM battery that the bike came with, that lasted 6 years. Just went back and read the description on the listing: "Factory filled and charged at the factory". The one I got was a fill-it-yourself, and I didn't think anything of it, since all of the Yuasas I have bought over the years were like that.

Well, whatever it is, it's over a year old now and still crankin', hope I get my usual five years out of it.
 
What did you pay for that batterie ? I wonder if you received a non Japanese copy of the original OEM , original about $ 170 .
 
I dunno... I just set the new one and the old one next to each other to check like I always do, and all of the writing was the same on both of them.
Per my Amazon order, I paid $124.88 last May, a month after I bought the bike.
 
Houtman, how can it be fake? I just went out, pulled my seat, and looked at it again.

It clearly says:

YOU-ASSA SUPER NUMBER ONE SPORTS BATTERY FOR HONDA MOTORCYCLE CAR

:P

Fake or not, we'll see how long it goes I guess.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Lol I had that same experience when mine failed. Started at home, started after my first stop, dead at the gas station which was my next stop. Bumped started it to get home.

I had the same identical experience you did!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Houtman, how can it be fake? I just went out, pulled my seat, and looked at it again.

It clearly says:

YOU-ASSA SUPER NUMBER ONE SPORTS BATTERY FOR HONDA MOTORCYCLE CAR

:P

Fake or not, we'll see how long it goes I guess.
 
The ferret Wrote:
"Lol I had that same experience when mine failed. Started at home, started after my first stop, dead at the gas station which was my next stop. Bumped started it to get home."

Ha... That's exactly what happened to me too. Which is why I couldn't remember exactly where I bought mine, because I was ordering it on my phone from a gas station.

I had just bought the bike, and the original owner said it was still on the factory battery. I figured it wouldn't last long, and a month later, there I was. At least I had the presence of mind to always try to park near a downward slope so I could bump-start when the inevitable happened.
 
Back
Top