hondas new travelbike

so the NVT 1100 is true! Yea! Can't wait to test sit one.
 
Thread starter
-
yes

seat height / saddle shape is my greatest interest and hope max 240kg ......... and the engine with the character of the rebel
 
I would have liked it to have come with a shaft, but I know it was probably unfeasible for them since they reused the AT motor.
 
It's a teaser for a new release

if you freeze it at :20 you get a pretty interesting view of the fairing/shield/cockpit/acc tank bag

New 2022 Honda NT1100 Sport-Tourer to be Announced Oct. 21

e5f32d594ce815637812e6d03681b563.jpg
 
Seems there a shift in the "sport touring" market. Not sure how great a parallel twin chain driven bike would be as a tourer, but I think that's what the market is dictating. The Tracer GT seems to be doing well and that seems to be similar in nature.

The Concourse hasn't changed in.... A LONG time and the FJR had a remake in 2016.

I LOVE my 2016 FJR... cruise control, 6.6 gal tank and shaft driven... will eat up miles with nary a yawn.
 
Unfortunately it is not going to be shaft driven, that I can almost guarantee.

And if it's like the NC 750X the bags, centerstand and rear rack trunk, are going to be stupidly expensive, and will come as accessories and not included with the base bike.

The New Era in Touring is code for it you want to tour you'll be paying thru the nose.

in addition according to all things normal in motorcycling it will need a Lamm, Corbin or some other $600 seat and a Madstat, V Stream or something windshield for another 2 bills.
 
I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of shaft drive. Before the Africa Twin, a variant of this basic engine, with the DCT, powered the Pioneer 1000 side-by-side. Shaft driven, of course
 
y'all remember the VFR1200X? that bike was an adventure style bike, V-4 powerplant and shaft driven. I don't think it gained a whole lot of traction and sales though.
Thinking sales killed that one, but the AT seems to be doing well? I dunno... these young kids don't know what they want anymore
 
Yawn.

This isn’t how Honda is going to make my heart all a flutter again. Damned kids and their new-fangled, chain driven, no fairing having, twin engined, chicken beak looking front ends! Why when I was young we had… zzzZZZZzzz…
 
The ferret_imp said:
Unfortunately it is not going to be shaft driven, that I can almost guarantee.

And if it's like the NC 750X the bags, centerstand and rear rack trunk, are going to be stupidly expensive, and will come as accessories and not included with the base bike.

The New Era in Touring is code for it you want to tour you'll be paying thru the nose.

in addition according to all things normal in motorcycling it will need a Lamm, Corbin or some other $600 seat and a Madstat, V Stream or something windshield for another 2 bills.
Can only hope - keep da dream alive Ferret, keep it alive. :)
 
I would be thrilled if it did.

100 horses and 77# of torque are very satisfying numbers for riding
 
With this and the new Suzuki 1000GT the Sport/Touring market is really coming alive. The two different approaches are interesting. Suzuki going for their tried and trusted K series inline four and Honda going for their relatively new parallel twin. I'm sure both will do well.

You know what looks awkward now in that segment, the Triumph 900GT line, the road focussed ADV bike which is neither full ADV like the Rally 900 nor a Sport Tourer. Triumph need to make a 900 Sport Tourer with a regular triple engine otherwise this Honda will eat their lunch, especially with a DCT option.
 
Back
Top