Honda Service Manual??

PJV_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Where can I get t]a honda service manual, dealer is crazy expensive. Thanks. Any free to download anywhere? thanks
 
Helm is the place. That is also where your dealer gets it/his.

Should be around 70 bucks or so.
 
I ordered mine from my dealer. Paid $63 for it and I'm sure it will be worth every penny over the long haul.
 
Hey Guth,

Did you get both manuals or just the CB1100 specific one? As far as I know, Honda is still publishing their general "Common Service Manual" which covers most general subjects, an that is paired with a model specific manual for procedure that are specific to each model.
 
Just the CB1100 specific manual which at a glance looks like all I'll need. From the description I read, the Common Service Manual doesn't sound like it would cover much that I don't have in other books or have already learned over time. Perhaps I'm wrong on that so if anyone has a CSM that they make use of, I'd be interested to learn more about the contents and how often you reference it.

Thanks!
Guth
 
I have a CSM I bought in 2009 when I purchased a Honda Marine service manual for my 150 outboard. The CSM covered mostly motorcycle and car systems from what I remember. And yes, I know that (larger HP) Honda Outboards are derived from car engines.

I haven't looked at it since I received it.

I'll look at the CSM tonight and list the index topics.
 
OK, I have the CSM in my little hands--no really, they are little!

The CSM has a motorcycle on the cover and no car stuff like I indicated above. I bought in in 2009 and it has a date of issue March 2004

It has all kinds of information, some very detailed and some not, of motorcycle, scooter and 4 wheel offroad machine systems that Honda uses.

It has 3 main sections: Engine and drive train, Chassis, and Electrical

In those sections pretty much every system is covered, Carbs- LOTS of different Honda carb theory, Fuel injection, etc. but nothing specific on our bikes system.

I don't think its really needed, but is nice to peruse. I personally would not buy one now, but there is interesting info for the techo geek or more advanced mechanic. At the time it cost me $55.95 delivered to the door. If its more than that now I would hope its been updated and include our specific system.

Its like a big theory/service manual for no specific machine.
 
Good to know, Popgun. I ug out my old CSM and it's also dated 2004. I got it for my Nighthawk. I didn't know if they'd updated it to account for all the latest electronic engine stuff.

Your post prompted me to take a look and I see that it does cover the PGM-FI sytem and the ECU. Looks like I just need the CB11 specifc manual.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
Good to know, Popgun. I ug out my old CSM and it's also dated 2004. I got it for my Nighthawk. I didn't know if they'd updated it to account for all the latest electronic engine stuff.

Your post prompted me to take a look and I see that it does cover the PGM-FI sytem and the ECU. Looks like I just need the CB11 specifc manual.
Anyone know where I can get this manual in or sent to the UK?
 
I think being in the UK is going to make this book too expensive to buy in. I'll just have to hope Haynes bring out a manual here. :shy:
 
Does anyone know if the 2014 book is available? I ordered the FSM through the dealer, haven't picked it up yet. I was concerned as to wether it is the 2014 that they ordered covering the new gearbox and other bits. Any ideas?
 
gary_imp said:
Does anyone know if the 2014 book is available? I ordered the FSM through the dealer, haven't picked it up yet. I was concerned as to wether it is the 2014 that they ordered covering the new gearbox and other bits. Any ideas?
Good question. On the Helminc.com site, where the auth. manuals come from, all I could find was this:

2013-2014 CB1100/A Service Manual
Price: $64.95 In Stock
Pkg Qty: 1
(English, Paper, 61MGC01)
Click here for detail

It APPEARS to be the standard model and the ABS model, but I don't know. Maybe you will be the first to know! :thumbsup:

On the other hand, when I picked up my bike last year, the service manager already had a manual for the machine. Maybe yours already has one you could look at.
 
Tortuga_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
Good to know, Popgun. I ug out my old CSM and it's also dated 2004. I got it for my Nighthawk. I didn't know if they'd updated it to account for all the latest electronic engine stuff.

Your post prompted me to take a look and I see that it does cover the PGM-FI sytem and the ECU. Looks like I just need the CB11 specifc manual.
Anyone know where I can get this manual in or sent to the UK?
Anyone know where I can get this manual in or sent to the UK?
If you just need the info then you can try this (this site appears to cover all the brands): http://www.pdfmotomanual.com/index.php?r...6&lang=ENG
 
Back
Top