Honda Rear Rack

FUZZY_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Has anybody installed their own or can tell me by looking @ yours how many spacers are used? Mine showed up with hardware bag open & everything rolling around in box. 4 bolts & 3 spacers is all there is. Thinking need 4 each. Was a place in box where it could escape. :@
 
FUZZY_imp said:
Has anybody installed their own or can tell me by looking @ yours how many spacers are used? Mine showed up with hardware bag open & everything rolling around in box. 4 bolts & 3 spacers is all there is. Thinking need 4 each. Was a place in box where it could escape. :@
As I recall that rack is not cheap. I had the same type of problem with my Cortech bags. You need four loops to mount and I only got two. Company was no help at all. After an exhaustive search on the web I found a company that sells the exact buckle and webbing. My wife sewed me up a set.

You may be checking local machine shops to make up what you are missing. They could make them out of aluminum bar stock. Or send the whole thing back.

You think there would be anyway to attach a sissy bar and backrest to that rack?
 
Thread starter
CB4ME_imp said:
Dang that bites. Four spacers are needed.Hope they can get you one asap.
I figured but just had to ask. We'll see what Honda says. I just got the rack & ordered when I got the bike. Hopefully don't have to wait that long again. Maybe can find a substitute spacer till then.

Thanks!
meowguy_imp said:
FUZZY_imp said:
Has anybody installed their own or can tell me by looking @ yours how many spacers are used? Mine showed up with hardware bag open & everything rolling around in box. 4 bolts & 3 spacers is all there is. Thinking need 4 each. Was a place in box where it could escape. :@
As I recall that rack is not cheap. I had the same type of problem with my Cortech bags. You need four loops to mount and I only got two. Company was no help at all. After an exhaustive search on the web I found a company that sells the exact buckle and webbing. My wife sewed me up a set.

You may be checking local machine shops to make up what you are missing. They could make them out of aluminum bar stock. Or send the whole thing back.

You think there would be anyway to attach a sissy bar and backrest to that rack?
As I recall that rack is not cheap. I had the same type of problem with my Cortech bags. You need four loops to mount and I only got two. Company was no help at all. After an exhaustive search on the web I found a company that sells the exact buckle and webbing. My wife sewed me up a set.

You may be checking local machine shops to make up what you are missing. They could make them out of aluminum bar stock. Or send the whole thing back.

You think there would be anyway to attach a sissy bar and backrest to that rack?


That's probably my next avenue when Honda says I gotta wait again. Gonna try to modify 750 Four sissy bar to fit it anyway. Thanks!
 
Back
Top