Honda Neowing

No. Me too. Much to my surprise I like the look.
 
This concept has been shown for at least a year now and the rumor is that it is going into production. Honda is smart to introduce a three wheeler that handles and corners like a traditional motorcycle. I hope the styling is more conventional on the production model.
 
Here in Thailand we have (had) the Yamaha Tricity. It didn't sell well and I think it's now been dropped.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
I like the Neowing and I'd like to ride that Quadro4 too!
 
I don't quite get the three wheelers of either type. If I went that way, I'd probably go for a small sporty ragtop.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Retsel_imp said:
I don't quite get the three wheelers of either type. If I went that way, I'd probably go for a small sporty ragtop.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Agreed! They have none of the advantages of a motorcycle or a car. Small Honda three-wheelers were sold in Canada decades back, but proved to be unstable and dangerous.

Quads are very popular hear in the rural areas, especially on dirt roads and trails. They are more stable than either a motorcycle or three-wheeler, and can haul lots of hunting and fishing gear. The deeper into the woods I went with my CB500X looking for quiet fishing spots, the more likely I would run into a quad rider.
 
Early Honda 3 wheelers had 2 rear wheels which is very unstable. With 2 front wheels that articulate and lean, you would have all the advantages in stability at rest of a three wheeler with the same handling as a motorcycle. No way I would have an open car over this.
 
redbirds_imp said:
Early Honda 3 wheelers had 2 rear wheels which is very unstable. With 2 front wheels that articulate and lean, you would have all the advantages in stability at rest of a three wheeler with the same handling as a motorcycle. No way I would have an open car over this.
So, rebirds, are you saying you can get the same 2 dimensional flying sensation i get on ridding a motorcycle? I've never tried one but, just can't see it being anything similar. Guess I'll have to try it. But I am pretty confident that a well tuned sports car could deliver just much driving excitement as any 3 wheeler, with the addition of being able to put the top up when it rains!


Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Retsel_imp said:
redbirds_imp said:
Early Honda 3 wheelers had 2 rear wheels which is very unstable. With 2 front wheels that articulate and lean, you would have all the advantages in stability at rest of a three wheeler with the same handling as a motorcycle. No way I would have an open car over this.
So, rebirds, are you saying you can get the same 2 dimensional flying sensation i get on ridding a motorcycle? I've never tried one but, just can't see it being anything similar. Guess I'll have to try it. But I am pretty confident that a well tuned sports car could deliver just much driving excitement as any 3 wheeler, with the addition of being able to put the top up when it rains!


Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
So, rebirds, are you saying you can get the same 2 dimensional flying sensation i get on ridding a motorcycle? I've never tried one but, just can't see it being anything similar. Guess I'll have to try it. But I am pretty confident that a well tuned sports car could deliver just much driving excitement as any 3 wheeler, with the addition of being able to put the top up when it rains!


Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Just saying that having test ridden the Can Am Spyder, there is little similarity between it and riding a motorcycle other than they both have handle bars. The Neo Wing leans like a motorcycle and is even counter steered like a motorcycle and from tests I've read about Piaggio 3 wheel scooters the riding experience is exactly the same as a 2 wheeler. I am only giving my opinion about the 2 dimensional sensation. Cars, including open sports cars with their superior cornering grip, may be entertaining but for me, are not in the same league with a good handling bike and the sensation of flying on the ground can not be experienced in a vehicle that does not bank into a turn like an aircraft.
 
I'm in agreement with redbirds. Having owned a Piaggio MP3 I can say that the experience of riding a leaning three wheeler is the same as two wheels. Same but maybe even better in the way it makes you feel more secure.
 
Hmmmm, I'll just have to try one. I've ridden several two rear wheel trikes but, that is a completely different a animal.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
 
Retsel_imp said:
Hmmmm, I'll just have to try one. I've ridden several two rear wheel trikes but, that is a completely different a animal.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
I've never ridden one but I've heard when a Cam Am turns the centrifugal tries to pull you off while the body remains pretty rigid.
 
The Can Am is different than a Neowing or Piaggio MP3. The Can Am stays horizontal (no lean or almost no lean) and you do get forced to the outside. The Neowing tilts and so it leans- I would say just like a 2 wheeler.

IOW, you're not steering it like a car, you're leaning like a 2 wheel motorcycle.
 
Kind of like the "ClassicVW" I owned during my collage years. It tried to through you out the door on hard turns!

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
 
Honda designs and builds some decidedly different vehicles. There is a NM4 Vultus for sale sorta near me on Craigslist - https://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/6053078010.html

As for a three wheeler - not for me. My wife has one and enjoys it thoroughly, her daily drive is a 2 seater convertible that I drive about once a year. Just doesn't do anything for me. Both run well and handle fine but don't interest me.

My backup plan for when my two wheeled days are drawing to a close is to extend my motorcycling days by switching entirely to sidecar rigs. Love them, great utility vehicles and carry a lot of cargo. Still toying with adding a sidecar to the CB.
 
Back
Top