Honda Hawk 1100 for 2023?

Thats that "GB1100" that showed up in the Thai magazines a few months ago. Retro UJM platform with the africa twin Motor. Intriguing....if they sell a fully manual version.
 
I like the looks. Though I have only ever owned I-4's save for my '78 YZ100. Wonder if it would feel... "un-natural", like the dark side of the force.
 
Whoops_imp said:
I like the looks. Though I have only ever owned I-4's save for my '78 YZ100. Wonder if it would feel... "un-natural", like the dark side of the force.
It is no inline-4 feel.

However, it is smooth for an inline-twin, and available power is not a problem.

If possible, try a demo ride on a Honda Africa Twin 1100 or maybe the Rebel 1100. It has the same available powertrains.
 
I've tried a lot of big twins since buying my cb1100. Tried the Indian FTR1200, the BMW r9t, the triumph Speed Twin, the yamaha r7, and the Rebel 1100. none of them had anything resembling the feel I get from my CB. If it's not an I4, it's just not gonna do what my CB can do, especially out of a corner.

What a big twin excells at is being punchy and raucous and fun. All those above bikes had that in spades. The best one of all was the Triumph. Overall, it's an awesome feeling and I'm certain this new bike will be great, but it's no replacement for the CB. Its a different direction. I dont think there's anything on the market that can replicate the feeling we get from this bike at all.
 
Thread starter
Not really of fan of twins myself (even if I have had a bunch of them) and much prefer I-4's particularly liter class I-4's.
 
I loved my Hawk GT and the main thing I miss about it is the heartbeat of the v-twin. I'd be pretty interested in this, although I do love the fact that my CB is air-cooled, has metal fenders, analog gauges, etc.
 
EJ from upstairs_imp said:
I loved my Hawk GT and the main thing I miss about it is the heartbeat of the v-twin. I'd be pretty interested in this, although I do love the fact that my CB is air-cooled, has metal fenders, analog gauges, etc.
Beware the CB1100 chrome fenders. The 2014 model year fender, particularly the rear rusts up underneath pretty rapidly, unless of course one does not ride on wet roads.
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
I've had several inline 4s, and they're great, but my Suzi V-Strom 1000 is a V-twin, and like Mr. Pro says, it is raucous fun.
I had one of those before a fertilizer truck ran it over.... i am never not sad.
 
If I give it a go, it would need to be a 2 into 2. No more single sided mufflers for me. I have not owned an inline twin since my old 70' CB175!
misterprofessionality_imp said:
I've tried a lot of big twins since buying my cb1100. Tried the Indian FTR1200, the BMW r9t, the triumph Speed Twin, the yamaha r7, and the Rebel 1100. none of them had anything resembling the feel I get from my CB. If it's not an I4, it's just not gonna do what my CB can do, especially out of a corner.

What a big twin excells at is being punchy and raucous and fun. All those above bikes had that in spades. The best one of all was the Triumph. Overall, it's an awesome feeling and I'm certain this new bike will be great, but it's no replacement for the CB. Its a different direction. I dont think there's anything on the market that can replicate the feeling we get from this bike at all.
Funny, all four of my bikes are inline 4's. I have an 82' GS1100E I am working on too, besides the 3 I list in my Bio. Not just a coincidence!
GoldOxide_imp said:
EJ from upstairs_imp said:
I loved my Hawk GT and the main thing I miss about it is the heartbeat of the v-twin. I'd be pretty interested in this, although I do love the fact that my CB is air-cooled, has metal fenders, analog gauges, etc.
Beware the CB1100 chrome fenders. The 2014 model year fender, particularly the rear rusts up underneath pretty rapidly, unless of course one does not ride on wet roads.
Beware the CB1100 chrome fenders. The 2014 model year fender, particularly the rear rusts up underneath pretty rapidly, unless of course one does not ride on wet roads.
You are correct, I have new fenders, front & back for my DLX.
 
michael1954_imp said:
If I give it a go, it would need to be a 2 into 2. No more single sided mufflers for me. I have not owned an inline twin since my old 70' CB175!
misterprofessionality_imp said:
I've tried a lot of big twins since buying my cb1100. Tried the Indian FTR1200, the BMW r9t, the triumph Speed Twin, the yamaha r7, and the Rebel 1100. none of them had anything resembling the feel I get from my CB. If it's not an I4, it's just not gonna do what my CB can do, especially out of a corner.

What a big twin excells at is being punchy and raucous and fun. All those above bikes had that in spades. The best one of all was the Triumph. Overall, it's an awesome feeling and I'm certain this new bike will be great, but it's no replacement for the CB. Its a different direction. I dont think there's anything on the market that can replicate the feeling we get from this bike at all.
Funny, all four of my bikes are inline 4's. I have an 82' GS1100E I am working on too, besides the 3 I list in my Bio. Not just a coincidence!
GoldOxide_imp said:
EJ from upstairs_imp said:
I loved my Hawk GT and the main thing I miss about it is the heartbeat of the v-twin. I'd be pretty interested in this, although I do love the fact that my CB is air-cooled, has metal fenders, analog gauges, etc.
Beware the CB1100 chrome fenders. The 2014 model year fender, particularly the rear rusts up underneath pretty rapidly, unless of course one does not ride on wet roads.
Beware the CB1100 chrome fenders. The 2014 model year fender, particularly the rear rusts up underneath pretty rapidly, unless of course one does not ride on wet roads.
You are correct, I have new fenders, front & back for my DLX.
You are correct, I have new fenders, front & back for my DLX.
Dang. I hope it wouldn't be so for other CB1100s. 21st century CB1100 with 1970s fender protection.
 
Back
Top