the Ferret
Road warrior
Thread starter
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
It is no inline-4 feel.Whoops_imp said:I like the looks. Though I have only ever owned I-4's save for my '78 YZ100. Wonder if it would feel... "un-natural", like the dark side of the force.
Beware the CB1100 chrome fenders. The 2014 model year fender, particularly the rear rusts up underneath pretty rapidly, unless of course one does not ride on wet roads.EJ from upstairs_imp said:I loved my Hawk GT and the main thing I miss about it is the heartbeat of the v-twin. I'd be pretty interested in this, although I do love the fact that my CB is air-cooled, has metal fenders, analog gauges, etc.
I had one of those before a fertilizer truck ran it over.... i am never not sad.Charlie Bravo_imp said:I've had several inline 4s, and they're great, but my Suzi V-Strom 1000 is a V-twin, and like Mr. Pro says, it is raucous fun.
Funny, all four of my bikes are inline 4's. I have an 82' GS1100E I am working on too, besides the 3 I list in my Bio. Not just a coincidence!misterprofessionality_imp said:I've tried a lot of big twins since buying my cb1100. Tried the Indian FTR1200, the BMW r9t, the triumph Speed Twin, the yamaha r7, and the Rebel 1100. none of them had anything resembling the feel I get from my CB. If it's not an I4, it's just not gonna do what my CB can do, especially out of a corner.
What a big twin excells at is being punchy and raucous and fun. All those above bikes had that in spades. The best one of all was the Triumph. Overall, it's an awesome feeling and I'm certain this new bike will be great, but it's no replacement for the CB. Its a different direction. I dont think there's anything on the market that can replicate the feeling we get from this bike at all.
Beware the CB1100 chrome fenders. The 2014 model year fender, particularly the rear rusts up underneath pretty rapidly, unless of course one does not ride on wet roads.GoldOxide_imp said:Beware the CB1100 chrome fenders. The 2014 model year fender, particularly the rear rusts up underneath pretty rapidly, unless of course one does not ride on wet roads.EJ from upstairs_imp said:I loved my Hawk GT and the main thing I miss about it is the heartbeat of the v-twin. I'd be pretty interested in this, although I do love the fact that my CB is air-cooled, has metal fenders, analog gauges, etc.
You are correct, I have new fenders, front & back for my DLX.michael1954_imp said:If I give it a go, it would need to be a 2 into 2. No more single sided mufflers for me. I have not owned an inline twin since my old 70' CB175!
Funny, all four of my bikes are inline 4's. I have an 82' GS1100E I am working on too, besides the 3 I list in my Bio. Not just a coincidence!misterprofessionality_imp said:I've tried a lot of big twins since buying my cb1100. Tried the Indian FTR1200, the BMW r9t, the triumph Speed Twin, the yamaha r7, and the Rebel 1100. none of them had anything resembling the feel I get from my CB. If it's not an I4, it's just not gonna do what my CB can do, especially out of a corner.
What a big twin excells at is being punchy and raucous and fun. All those above bikes had that in spades. The best one of all was the Triumph. Overall, it's an awesome feeling and I'm certain this new bike will be great, but it's no replacement for the CB. Its a different direction. I dont think there's anything on the market that can replicate the feeling we get from this bike at all.
Beware the CB1100 chrome fenders. The 2014 model year fender, particularly the rear rusts up underneath pretty rapidly, unless of course one does not ride on wet roads.GoldOxide_imp said:Beware the CB1100 chrome fenders. The 2014 model year fender, particularly the rear rusts up underneath pretty rapidly, unless of course one does not ride on wet roads.EJ from upstairs_imp said:I loved my Hawk GT and the main thing I miss about it is the heartbeat of the v-twin. I'd be pretty interested in this, although I do love the fact that my CB is air-cooled, has metal fenders, analog gauges, etc.
You are correct, I have new fenders, front & back for my DLX.

:rofl:Lord Popgun_imp said:Big deal, here is my new ride: Meet Bex, Kawasaki’s Rideable Robot Goat![]()
Honda continues to find no end to the application of its Africa Twin lump.alprider_imp said:
Yep.misterprofessionality_imp said:Honda Debuts Modern Hawk 11 Cafe Racer With Africa Twin Power - Jalopnik
Ok. I officially don't like it. Can't put my finger on why. You'd think it would be just my cup of tea but there it is. Theres just something really unappealing about the geometry.