Honda Genuine Parts

Johnboy_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Just picked up my new rear carrier for my 13 standard ... Can't hardly wait to get it put on ... I know there are some killer aftermarket parts out there especially with samurider and I will more than likely be Doing some business with them .. However , my dealer gave me a little 5 percent discount on this Genuine Honda part and made me feel Special .... Lol:banana:....
 
I put the rack on too. Let me know if you wished you had three hands and 14 fingers and if any fingers get dented in the process! I recall having the same issues with the same rack back in 1978 too!
 
Thread starter
ClassicVW_imp said:
I put the rack on too. Let me know if you wished you had three hands and 14 fingers and if any fingers get dented in the process! I recall having the same issues with the same rack back in 1978 too!
Lol.... Sounds like I'm in for a harder mod than I expected ... I'm not a serious mechanic by no means Like some of these guys ... Hope I can get it on with minimal problems
 
Johnboy_imp said:
ClassicVW_imp said:
I put the rack on too. Let me know if you wished you had three hands and 14 fingers and if any fingers get dented in the process! I recall having the same issues with the same rack back in 1978 too!
Lol.... Sounds like I'm in for a harder mod than I expected ... I'm not a serious mechanic by no means Like some of these guys ... Hope I can get it on with minimal problems
Lol.... Sounds like I'm in for a harder mod than I expected ... I'm not a serious mechanic by no means Like some of these guys ... Hope I can get it on with minimal problems
It is not really hard, just not that fun. Here is a link to the How-to with pics for it. OEM Rear Rack- Fitting

Protect your side rails with tape or something so you don't scratch them. Do it, or you may wish you had.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Johnboy_imp said:
ClassicVW_imp said:
I put the rack on too. Let me know if you wished you had three hands and 14 fingers and if any fingers get dented in the process! I recall having the same issues with the same rack back in 1978 too!
Lol.... Sounds like I'm in for a harder mod than I expected ... I'm not a serious mechanic by no means Like some of these guys ... Hope I can get it on with minimal problems
Lol.... Sounds like I'm in for a harder mod than I expected ... I'm not a serious mechanic by no means Like some of these guys ... Hope I can get it on with minimal problems
It is not really hard, just not that fun. Here is a link to the How-to with pics for it. OEM Rear Rack- Fitting

Protect your side rails with tape or something so you don't scratch them. Do it, or you may wish you had.
Lol.... Sounds like I'm in for a harder mod than I expected ... I'm not a serious mechanic by no means Like some of these guys ... Hope I can get it on with minimal problems
It is not really hard, just not that fun. Here is a link to the How-to with pics for it. OEM Rear Rack- Fitting

Protect your side rails with tape or something so you don't scratch them. Do it, or you may wish you had. Thanks for the info ! Popgun
Lol.... Sounds like I'm in for a harder mod than I expected ... I'm not a serious mechanic by no means Like some of these guys ... Hope I can get it on with minimal problems
It is not really hard, just not that fun. Here is a link to the How-to with pics for it. OEM Rear Rack- Fitting

Protect your side rails with tape or something so you don't scratch them. Do it, or you may wish you had. Thanks for the info ! Popgun I really appreciate the link with the pics showing how to install the carrier !
 
Bike Bandit sells oem parts. + they give a nice discount to AMA members. Just bought 2 sets of the little chrome plugs that go into the screws holding the handlebars. Going to put them on a couple other bikes :)
 
Johnboy_imp said:
Just picked up my new rear carrier for my 13 standard ... Can't hardly wait to get it put on ... I know there are some killer aftermarket parts out there especially with samurider and I will more than likely be Doing some business with them .. However , my dealer gave me a little 5 percent discount on this Genuine Honda part and made me feel Special .... Lol:banana:....
Current price in Japan is $160 (19,000 yen * 0.84 conversion). With 3 to 4 day shipping you are paying about $190. A bit cheaper than the $275 list in the US.
 
I'm glad I'm not alone with that. I had someone help hold it in place while I bolted it together. Still could have used several more fingers. Wish I would have thought about taping the rails, did put a minor scratch on one, luckily not noticeable with the seat back on. It can give you the feeling you are about to get outsmarted by a piece of metal :D
 
Back
Top