Thanks for the tipRidem32_imp said:Rocky. The crash honda oem bars already on eBay. I'm sure you can find them to ship to canada.![]()

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Thanks for the tipRidem32_imp said:Rocky. The crash honda oem bars already on eBay. I'm sure you can find them to ship to canada.![]()


I would not worry about the one motor mount attachment point. If you had a set of SW Motech crash bars in your hands you would understand why. They are very solid. The forces needed to defeat the crash bars and bend or break the engine mounting point would have to be enormous. The frame itself would be bent and you'd probably be looking at a total loss crash.Headbanger02_imp said:If and when I get me a set it will be the black, I like how it looks like it is part of the frame and blends in nicely, the chrome in my opinion takes away from the nice golden color that I have learned to love on my headers (not in the beginning), I kinda do worry about the engine mount part of it, but the other two mounts kind of cancels that out in my mind, if that make sense, I wonder if it would be worth it to somehow modify that part out, such as cut the motor mount off at the bracket and touch up the ends with a sharpie or something...![]()
I would not worry about the one motor mount attachment point. If you had a set of SW Motech crash bars in your hands you would understand why. They are very solid. The forces needed to defeat the crash bars and bend or break the engine mounting point would have to be enormous. The frame itself would be bent and you'd probably be looking at a total loss crash.CB4ME_imp said:I would not worry about the one motor mount attachment point. If you had a set of SW Motech crash bars in your hands you would understand why. They are very solid. The forces needed to defeat the crash bars and bend or break the engine mounting point would have to be enormous. The frame itself would be bent and you'd probably be looking at a total loss crash.Headbanger02_imp said:If and when I get me a set it will be the black, I like how it looks like it is part of the frame and blends in nicely, the chrome in my opinion takes away from the nice golden color that I have learned to love on my headers (not in the beginning), I kinda do worry about the engine mount part of it, but the other two mounts kind of cancels that out in my mind, if that make sense, I wonder if it would be worth it to somehow modify that part out, such as cut the motor mount off at the bracket and touch up the ends with a sharpie or something...![]()
Lets hope nobody goes there.
On the other hand, the bars should work great in the event of a tip over or a low side crash.
I am loving mine. I'll post a picture or two later today if I can get out.

HikerToo_imp said:CB4ME, do you have a picture of the black ones on your CB you can post?
I assume these are the ones you have?
https://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-motech-crashbars-engine-guards-for-honda-cb1100-13
They are semi-gloss black.Headbanger02_imp said:CB4ME....is the black an exact match as the frame, your pictures give me the impression that the guards are flat black? :biker:
TINK_imp said:Your local Honda dealer can now order the OEM Chrome Engine Guards, 08P70-MGC-N20, $199.95
I like these over the aftermarket because they do not use the engine case mounting bolt. If you were to have a heavy tip-over with an engine guard mounted to the engine case bolt you could crack the engine case, resulting in BIG $$$$ to fix. Engine guards are there to PROTECT the engine, not INCLUDE the engine in the crash.
TINK