Honda CB1100 with Pipemasters 4 into 4 Polished Stainless SteelExhaust

iamheero_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Wyvern = :thumbsup:
I must have centre stand, so have to forget about the beauty&sound...at least for the time being
2017EX, others who may be interested: My pipemaster 4-4 works with the center stand. Several people in this thread saying otherwise, but I have them both on my bike just fine...

Also, I can confirm that they do discolor like the '14 pipes, single walled and all. I actually enjoy that about the headers but I can understand why some may not.
2017EX, others who may be interested: My pipemaster 4-4 works with the center stand. Several people in this thread saying otherwise, but I have them both on my bike just fine...

Also, I can confirm that they do discolor like the '14 pipes, single walled and all. I actually enjoy that about the headers but I can understand why some may not.
As an update, peter gray at pipemaster says in an email to me a few days ago -

Basically if your CB1100 has an original 4-2 exhaust you can retain the centerstand.
If the original is a 4-1 then the centerstand has to be removed.
Regards
Peter Gray
Pipemasters
 
PB, I have no idea of what I’m talking about, but I’d want to know why the center stand has to be removed, and could something be made up that would allow it to be used. Not that I could fab it up though.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
PB, I have no idea of what I’m talking about, but I’d want to know why the center stand has to be removed, and could something be made up that would allow it to be used. Not that I could fab it up though.
Was there a previous posting of someone who did a custom center stand mod to fit with the 4-into-4? Probably mentioned in the past four months, but might be a grind to search. I think yes, PB might have an inkling since he has been following this arrangement passionately.
 
There was GO. I can’t remember his configuration though.
 
Dubai 1100 , I tried to send PM but no luck , did you remove the O2 sensor and does your bike still run perfectly with the Pipe Master , I had a 6 into 6 on my 1980 CBX and loved them ( could keep the center stand and no O2 sensor at that time. ) THANKS !
 
Houtman_imp said:
Dubai 1100 , I tried to send PM but no luck , did you remove the O2 sensor and does your bike still run perfectly with the Pipe Master , I had a 6 into 6 on my 1980 CBX and loved them ( could keep the center stand and no O2 sensor at that time. ) THANKS !
I haven't bought it yet. Considering it amongst others.
 
Houtman_imp said:
Dubai 1100 , I tried to send PM but no luck , did you remove the O2 sensor and does your bike still run perfectly with the Pipe Master , I had a 6 into 6 on my 1980 CBX and loved them ( could keep the center stand and no O2 sensor at that time. ) THANKS !
... and no lunch boxes back then too. :dodgy:
 
It seems that on CB 1100's with 4 into 2 OEM exhausts you can fit the 4 into 4 Pipe Master AND keep the center stand. This makes me THINK about putting them on my 2014 or 2017 , just for sound and looks.
I am still a little concerned about eliminating the O2 sensors after searching all previous treads about this. My question to riders whom took O2 sensor away some years ago what has been your experience in the long run ?
What I thought of doing first :get two O2 sensor eliminators , put them on one of my bikes with the OEM exhaust left as is and see how the bike runs .I rather spend $ 100 first to find out AND than order the Pipe Masters .I would like any input from forum members smarter than me
( that is every member....)
 
Houtman_imp said:
It seems that on CB 1100's with 4 into 2 OEM exhausts you can fit the 4 into 4 Pipe Master AND keep the center stand. This makes me THINK about putting them on my 2014 or 2017 , just for sound and looks.
I am still a little concerned about eliminating the O2 sensors after searching all previous treads about this. My question to riders whom took O2 sensor away some years ago what has been your experience in the long run ?
What I thought of doing first :get two O2 sensor eliminators , put them on one of my bikes with the OEM exhaust left as is and see how the bike runs .I rather spend $ 100 first to find out AND than order the Pipe Masters .I would like any input from forum members smarter than me
( that is every member....)
May this help you?/

DLX Exhaust System Conversion

CB 1100 standard with dual exhaust

CB1100 Forum

I will not be available for some time :s
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
It seems that on CB 1100's with 4 into 2 OEM exhausts you can fit the 4 into 4 Pipe Master AND keep the center stand. This makes me THINK about putting them on my 2014 or 2017 , just for sound and looks.
I am still a little concerned about eliminating the O2 sensors after searching all previous treads about this. My question to riders whom took O2 sensor away some years ago what has been your experience in the long run ?
What I thought of doing first :get two O2 sensor eliminators , put them on one of my bikes with the OEM exhaust left as is and see how the bike runs .I rather spend $ 100 first to find out AND than order the Pipe Masters .I would like any input from forum members smarter than me
( that is every member....)
May this help you?/

DLX Exhaust System Conversion

CB 1100 standard with dual exhaust

CB1100 Forum

I will not be available for some time :s
Nice start PB.
 
Thanks Peterbaron aand GO.
I ordered two O2 sensor eliminators yesterday from Redline Superbikes in the UK and probably put them on the 2017 first to see how it "behaves" Later on I might put them on the 2014 and see how that one runs. Trying to do all my homework before spending $ 2000 on the Pipe Masters.
 
Houtman i had a good look at the pipemasters, looks very well made and is available on the next island over close to home, but i enjoy the quietness of the standard 4 in 1 and i would not enjoy the extra noise the four pipes produce, sooo.
The thing with the o2 sensor is that it seems to deteriorate over time because the heating element is disconnected as i understand it when the eliminator is used and soot builds up on the zirconium element, that is what i speculate.

I would actually like it if you did install them because they look beautiful and there is not a lot of video about them but i just want to point out the reasons i did not get them ( yet ).
 
I probably will only install the O2 eliminators for a short while to see if the bikes runs the same or perhaps even better. If I like the result than the OEM pipes will come of to install the 4 into 4.
I know what you mean with the extra noise as I had a CBX with Pipe Master 6 into 6 and also I live in a fairly quiet neighborhood and do not want to upset my neighbors.
 
Back
Top