Honda CB1100 with Pipemasters 4 into 4 Polished Stainless SteelExhaust

GoldOxide_imp said:
They are indeed nice - no doubt about it.

PB: Thinking of a set? Or still fightin' with RLET fever?
RLETs dont bother me at all, is just friendly jab, even looking serious sometimes...and due to no riding = :@, excess of energy pours into writing..:)
Would love to have 4 in 4, but cannot give up centre stand...will look into mod this spring, perhaps something like Chuckk suggested?????
:beerchug:
 
e0f8cc69ee1d0823c5af6017f4e575b4.jpg

You just have to figure out which path you want to take...center stand or the exhaust. I bought a wheel stand with rollers to use for cleaning the wheels or chain maintenance. Works on front or rear. My past 4 bikes didn’t have a center stand. None of the dirt bikes I rode growing up had them either. Every time I twist the throttle it reminds me why I made the decision to do without.
19c222153f599e84886500f057360f8d.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Wyvern = :thumbsup:
I must have centre stand, so have to forget about the beauty&sound...at least for the time being
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Oh man, I had to resurrect this 4 in 4 exhaust thread...due to temptation...:thumbsup:
I can't justify buying them at the moment, but dang am I tempted. I might squirrel away a few hundred per month for a few months and just do it. Otherwise, my wife will murder me and then someone would get a great deal on a barely used Pipemaster 4 into 4.
 
x(why)z_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Oh man, I had to resurrect this 4 in 4 exhaust thread...due to temptation...:thumbsup:
I can't justify buying them at the moment, but dang am I tempted. I might squirrel away a few hundred per month for a few months and just do it. Otherwise, my wife will murder me and then someone would get a great deal on a barely used Pipemaster 4 into 4.

... and the CB! :dodgy:
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
x(why)z_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Oh man, I had to resurrect this 4 in 4 exhaust thread...due to temptation...:thumbsup:
I can't justify buying them at the moment, but dang am I tempted. I might squirrel away a few hundred per month for a few months and just do it. Otherwise, my wife will murder me and then someone would get a great deal on a barely used Pipemaster 4 into 4.

... and the CB! :dodgy:

... and the CB! :dodgy:
haha, true! And a bunch of other cool stuff like telescopes and cars. She'd liquidate.
 
x(why)z_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
x(why)z_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Oh man, I had to resurrect this 4 in 4 exhaust thread...due to temptation...:thumbsup:
I can't justify buying them at the moment, but dang am I tempted. I might squirrel away a few hundred per month for a few months and just do it. Otherwise, my wife will murder me and then someone would get a great deal on a barely used Pipemaster 4 into 4.

... and the CB! :dodgy:

... and the CB! :dodgy:
haha, true! And a bunch of other cool stuff like telescopes and cars. She'd liquidate.
... and the CB! :dodgy:
haha, true! And a bunch of other cool stuff like telescopes and cars. She'd liquidate.
lol ... I assume we are not talkin' 'bout divorce. :P
 
At the moment, the only 4 into 4 sets I know of are Pipemasters, Wyvern, and Moriwaki. At $1540.00 Pipemasters has the best price, followed by Moriwaki at $2050.00, and Wyvern at $2250.00 ( all prices plus shipping ). All require removal of the center stand, and using side stand only. All have single wall stainless polished headers that will discolor just like the CB1100 Standard stainless headers do. The Pipemasters probably look the most like the classic CB750 Four pipes, followed by Wyvern, with Moriwaki taking up the rear in terms of being close to the original look.

My 2017EX has double wall header construction, much the same as the original CB750 Four did, so discoloration is not a factor. However, if one does not want to deal with single wall discoloration, and is willing to put in the time and a bit more money, there is a way around the discoloration thing. Harleys all have chrome shields over the headers. Harleys run hot, so there is significant header discoloration that can be seen from different viewing angles, despite the chrome shields. So, on the Harley I owned prior to my CB1100EX, I had the headers ceramic-sliver metallic coated. Problem solved, no discoloration visible after coating. Anyone considering doing this on a new set of pipes before installation, or adding a new muffler can, to an existing header assembly, needs to remember one thing. The entire length of the end of header pipe that will be inside the muffler can, plus maybe 1 inch more, should not be coated. I discovered the hard way the the extra thickness of the coating made it very difficult to slide the end of the header into the muffler can.

I have toyed with the idea of going to a 4 into 4, because I really like the classic look and different sound. I confess, as much as I like it, I struggle with justifying the expense, plus if I did do it, I would go the extra to have the headers coated prior to installation. As I recall pricing from when I did the Harley, it would be about $250 to get all 4 headers done. I would also have a hard time giving up my center stand, although I could get a wheeled maintenance lift as other have pointed out. If I were to pull the trigger and do the Mod. I think I would lean toward the Moriwaki. Although a different look from classic, I really like the look of the Moriwaki megaphone muffler cans.
 
My Wyverns won’t tarnish. I sent the headers and crossover pipe to Jet-Hot in North Carolina to have them coated (Extreme 1300 Polish)...lifetime warranty. If you can get that done for $250, you better take that deal.
62c36432ee0544f80338ad7789c43ae4.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
DS, ^^^ white, always handsome, not so many on the road...lucky me = have one in my garage :)..but without Wyvern :(
 
Back
Top