Hmmm, the ferret has been mighty quiet today...

Guth_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I notice that the ferret has been rather absent from conversation this morning and remains elusive as I type this.

Could it be that he will be peppering us with photos of his new CB1100 later today?

Fingers crossed.

Guth
 
When he comes back from his test ride; say mid June at the earliest, he may be going "what forum".
 
One can only hope :)
 
Sorry guys just got back home. It's disappointment you have been hearing. :(

There was a bit of a mix up. They did have a 14 CB 1100 come in today, but it wasn't mine. Because mine was the first ordered they assumed it would be the first coming in, and that's what they assumed when they told me mine had been shipped. Alas it was a black 14 "standard". Mine was shipped today (at least they think it's mine) and should be here next week. :dodgy:

If it had been there today I wouldn't have picked it up anyway, as we have had sleety frozen drizzle rainy wintry mix here today with snow predicted for later, but at least I would have been able to maybe get some pics of it. (the black one was still crated up when I was there). Fri, Sat, Sun and Tues are predicted bad weather as well.

Blessing in disguise?

so ...maybe the end of next week? Fingers crossed.


Monday is supposed to be fair and I plan on riding 125 miles from here for a steak dinner with my brother.. our first "Ribber Run" of the year. Guess I will be ST mounted.
 
Thread starter
Well shoot, I thought today would be the day that you at least got to see it.

Hang in there Mickey. Here's wishing you and your brother some nicer weather for your ride.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Tortuga_imp said:
What's the prize for the first person to ride a 2014 Sea Bee? :cool:
A pair of those rubber thingies that go on the end of the clutch and brake levers? :P
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Tortuga_imp said:
What's the prize for the first person to ride a 2014 Sea Bee? :cool:
A pair of those rubber thingies that go on the end of the clutch and brake levers? :P
A pair of those rubber thingies that go on the end of the clutch and brake levers? :P
You mean the trim off car mirrors that you bashed when filtering? :angel:
 
And the prize has been won..... by a new member Joel. His picture is the one from Florida!
 
Thread starter
Sure enough, new member Joel has laid claim to being the first to post pictures here of his 2014 CB1100.

The bad news: there are no prizes. The little rubber lever end cap covers are a fine idea, although I'm guessing that those are on back order now as ferret has no doubt singlehandedly created a run on those things like Honda has never seen before. In fact, I'm pretty sure that the little rubber lever end cap covers are being cranked out in shifts around the clock in an attempt to fill the overwhelming backlog of orders. It's been rumored that Honda went as far as pulling workers off of the CB1100 production line in order to ramp up in an attempt to meet this demand as soon as possible. Oh the irony. Little do people realize the influence we have around here (ferret in particular). :D

Still, the good news is that the shiny new CB1100 now in Joel's possession is surely prize enough — and then some.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Headbanger02_imp said:
Ordered my rubber caps 7 days ago....still waiting...
There you go. That's bound to delay the delivery of someone's 2014 CB1100 by at least another day.
 
Seriously, because of all the talk here, a couple of months ago I ordered four sets of the "little black thingy" rubber end caps from Discount Honda Parts. About $20 dollars worth. I agree they are a nice finishing touch. Problem is I can't seem to slip them on. Is there a trick to it or should I just wait for a nice 85 degree summer day so they stretch onto the levers better?
 
Mike_imp said:
Seriously, because of all the talk here, a couple of months ago I ordered four sets of the "little black thingy" rubber end caps from Discount Honda Parts. About $20 dollars worth. I agree they are a nice finishing touch. Problem is I can't seem to slip them on. Is there a trick to it or should I just wait for a nice 85 degree summer day so they stretch onto the levers better?
Hair drier maybe?
 
The shop that put mine on said they preheated the rubbers sprayed them with wd40 and slid them on. Others have reported just using just spit. It seems you want something slick inside the rubbers and on the ends of the levers.
 
To put those black things on you could try using a little dish soap then when it dries it is supposedly like glue.

You could squirt a little bit of hair spray in them slide them on then the starch from the hair spray will hold it also.

All tricks from trying to slide new grips on bikes in the past. They both work so it would be in theory, able to work for the black things also.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top