Hip Replacement Forces Early Winter Mode

Dave Swanson

Running like a top
Thread starter
I had my right hip replaced 6 days ago and am recovering very well! I am already walking farther than I was able to a year ago!! I look forward to pain free mobility for 2021.

Since I am off motorcycles until the snow is probably flying the upcoming surgery forced me to put the bikes into winter mode 6 weeks plus early.

Here is where the CB is stashed for the winter. No cold winter nights for this baby! :rolleyes:

 
Glad that you're doing so well :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
My baby comes in where it's warm for the winter too :banana:

Sadly, that will be in a few weeks - probably the end of October.
 
Rocky_imp said:
Glad that you're doing so well :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
My baby comes in where it's warm for the winter too :banana:

Sadly, that will be in a few weeks - probably the end of October.
Seen that pic before Rocky.

Are those little "rubber booties" on the center stand feet? (difficult to see).

Like RLETs for center stands?
 
good luck with your hip replacement recovery

Beautiful bike. It deserves to be pampered. Gives you time to get some Rlets on it.
 
Dave, congrats on your successful surgery. You have lots to look forward to in the months ahead! That is a beautiful DLX. I just let mine go.

I’ve been sidelined for over six weeks with health issues but finally got the strength yesterday to ride both of my remaining bikes to the gas station for their pre-winter dose of Stabil and top-off of fresh fuel. Between the two trips, it was my first 50 miles of riding since early August, so it was quite liberating (though not completely comfortable). The bikes are now plugged in and tucked away for the winter.
 
Dave, good to hear your hip replacement surgery is already behind you and you are zooming to fast and solid recovery. Physiotherapy is very important.
Beautiful bike, deserves special spots, in your heart and outside....
:thumbsup:
 
Good luck with the recovery, Dave. And look after that bike.

Good to hear you’re out and about, LR.
 
Great to hear that your hip replacement has been successful, Dave. I had mine done two years ago and it was a turning point for me - normal walking and NO MORE PAIN. I'm sure you'll be the same and looking forward to the Spring. Good luck.
 
There is an ever growing number of "hippies" on this Forum , mine are still ok just back pain every morning , that's all .
 
Good to hear all went well. Imagine the joy of unplugging those machines next year and mounting up with no pain! BTW what is the other pampered beast in the pic?
 
Thread starter
Bheezy27403_imp said:
Good to hear all went well. Imagine the joy of unplugging those machines next year and mounting up with no pain! BTW what is the other pampered beast in the pic?

That is a 1956 Harley KHK that I restored from a pile of horrid rubble.

 
Dave Swanson_imp said:
Bheezy27403_imp said:
Good to hear all went well. Imagine the joy of unplugging those machines next year and mounting up with no pain! BTW what is the other pampered beast in the pic?

That is a 1956 Harley KHK that I restored from a pile of horrid rubble.




That is a 1956 Harley KHK that I restored from a pile of horrid rubble.

[url=https://postimg.cc/HJjRsMFD]
Oh wow - soooo sweet!

Needless to say: Your soul is in that wonderful looking machine. Well done Dave.
 
Hope you get well soon. I know I cry about how damn hot it is in South Texas from about June until September, but we make up for that because I ride the most from November to April, with no month too cold to saddle up. Get well and cruise down here some December, you will love it!
GoldOxide_imp said:
Dave Swanson_imp said:
Bheezy27403_imp said:
Good to hear all went well. Imagine the joy of unplugging those machines next year and mounting up with no pain! BTW what is the other pampered beast in the pic?

That is a 1956 Harley KHK that I restored from a pile of horrid rubble.




That is a 1956 Harley KHK that I restored from a pile of horrid rubble.

[url=https://postimg.cc/HJjRsMFD]
Oh wow - soooo sweet!

Needless to say: Your soul is in that wonderful looking machine. Well done Dave.


That is a 1956 Harley KHK that I restored from a pile of horrid rubble.

[url=https://postimg.cc/HJjRsMFD]
Oh wow - soooo sweet!

Needless to say: Your soul is in that wonderful looking machine. Well done Dave. Beautiful!
 
Back
Top