Hidden display icons

syncronizator_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
[attachment=11971

Has anybody seen these characters in use?
I have OEM heated grips and I haven't noticed that the number 3 symbol was illuminated at all.
Maybe they are badly connected?
What about 2 and 4 ?
 
On separate note ... mine just hit 44444 this week also
a2d940a50ad5b5015c3f8cd0278345e7.png
0e7afc36b100e50305b647bd9853fd27.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Huh. Maybe icons that aren't lit on your model in your area? Or the LCD panel is used for different models and those icons aren't activated on the CB?
If nothing else, it would seem that, at minimum, the temp gauge icon would light up when you initially turn the key on and the screen goes through diagnostics.

I remember my BMW had a bunch of icons that didn't light up on my bike.
 
Thread starter
Perhaps it is as you say.... the LCD display is used in various models, also in liquid cooled ones.

What about heated grips ?
Does anyone see this icon while heating is on?
 
Interesting. Below is a picture of the screen of my bike taken just after turning the ignition key. You can vaguely see the same hidden icons that you mentioned in your first post.

You can also see that the 'heated grips'-icon is very much on during this split second, but it is NOT on when I have my heated grips on. Perhaps the installer didn't connect the grips properly?

5f2d032788c4c8d2ee7398ac57686d2a.jpg
 
Would the wiring diagram help?
 
Thread starter
bioman_imp said:
Interesting. Below is a picture of the screen of my bike taken just after turning the ignition key. You can vaguely see the same hidden icons that you mentioned in your first post.

You can also see that the 'heated grips'-icon is very much on during this split second, but it is NOT on when I have my heated grips on. Perhaps the installer didn't connect the grips properly?

5f2d032788c4c8d2ee7398ac57686d2a.jpg
Bioman , do You have OEM heated grips ?

I have OEM one's...and will search for the manual ...
 
syncronizator_imp said:
bioman_imp said:
Interesting. Below is a picture of the screen of my bike taken just after turning the ignition key. You can vaguely see the same hidden icons that you mentioned in your first post.

You can also see that the 'heated grips'-icon is very much on during this split second, but it is NOT on when I have my heated grips on. Perhaps the installer didn't connect the grips properly?

5f2d032788c4c8d2ee7398ac57686d2a.jpg
Bioman , do You have OEM heated grips ?

I have OEM one's...and will search for the manual ...
To be honest, I don't know. I bought the bike last year, secondhand from a dealer, with the grips already installed.

I doubt they are OEM. They work very well but I find the on/off button a bit cheap-ish. I think (can check the bike later) there are 5 strengths in total: green, blue, yellow, orange, red, all visible by a corresponding coloured LED that lights up at the button.

Again: they work VERY well but my main complaint is that I often involuntary touch the button when I operate the turn signal button.A few minutes later I get very warm hands and only then realise that I had put the heated grips on. :-/

Anyway, I don't miss the light in de main display, as I can see the little coloured LED on the grip to know it is on.
 
sounds like you have Oxford heated grips to me. Are the colored lights in a little square box hanging off one of the switch screws?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Would the wiring diagram help?
Looking at the diagram for a ‘14 dlx I don’t see anything obvious.

But, on the meter there is a line labeled G/H IND. The wire goes from the meter to one of the meter connectors and nothing is connected on the other side.


The wire color is Gr/Y. Maybe the Grip Heater Indicator? If so some probing around could determine what is needed to drive it. Like a ground maybe. Obviously open doesn’t light it.
 
The ferret_imp said:
sounds like you have Oxford heated grips to me. Are the colored lights in a little square box hanging off one of the switch screws?
Not sure. Here is a picture of my left hand grip with a small button below and a parallelogram-shaped LED light above it.

c2390d2250edbfe4a86c2d67b69dc4f9.jpg
 
syncronizator_imp said:
[attachment=11971

Has anybody seen these characters in use?
I have OEM heated grips and I haven't noticed that the number 3 symbol was illuminated at all.
Maybe they are badly connected?
What about 2 and 4 ?
[/QUOTE]
I wonder what "AIR" would have referred to?
 
Is there a Honda motorcycle with some sort of tyre pressuring monitoring?
 
It gives a whole new meaning to b ...

Never mind.
 
Thread starter
bioman_imp said:
syncronizator_imp said:
bioman_imp said:
Interesting. Below is a picture of the screen of my bike taken just after turning the ignition key. You can vaguely see the same hidden icons that you mentioned in your first post.

You can also see that the 'heated grips'-icon is very much on during this split second, but it is NOT on when I have my heated grips on. Perhaps the installer didn't connect the grips properly?

5f2d032788c4c8d2ee7398ac57686d2a.jpg
Bioman , do You have OEM heated grips ?

I have OEM one's...and will search for the manual ...
To be honest, I don't know. I bought the bike last year, secondhand from a dealer, with the grips already installed.

I doubt they are OEM. They work very well but I find the on/off button a bit cheap-ish. I think (can check the bike later) there are 5 strengths in total: green, blue, yellow, orange, red, all visible by a corresponding coloured LED that lights up at the button.

Again: they work VERY well but my main complaint is that I often involuntary touch the button when I operate the turn signal button.A few minutes later I get very warm hands and only then realise that I had put the heated grips on. :-/

Anyway, I don't miss the light in de main display, as I can see the little coloured LED on the grip to know it is on.
OEM heated grips:
 
Back
Top