Hey mister,how bad you want to ride that bike?

FLYTYM_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Got my bike on the 5th and had an appointment at the DMV on the 19h,an appointment I made about 4 weeks ago. I had to have 2 bikes inspected and registered,even though I made an appointment it still took 2 1/2 hours to get the inspections done then was told to take a number and have a seat,had things to do so I didn’t have anymore time. Really disappointed I didn’t get the paper work done so I figured I can make another appointment and wait another 3 weeks or take a chance and just go to the DMV,how long could it take anyway? Try 6 hours,6 hours of waiting for 10 minutes of paper work. There is absolutely no excuse for this crap but got the bike done,let the mods begin!
 
Lol the bureaucratic process at it's finest. If you go to the DMV here to change a title you pick a number as soon as you walk in the door, and then go find a seat and take a nap. NOT 6 hours worth, but you can spend 2 hours down there, for like you said 10 minutes of paperwork.
 
Boy, am I glad to live in PA (so far as this subject goes)! Any title, plate, or registration issues, I ride exactly two miles up the road to a guy I know who's a notary public. Well, I might wait ten minutes if someone happens to be ahead of me . . . afterward, if he's not busy, we might go out to his garage to look at one of his Shovelheads or his rat rod. Never an unpleasant experience.
 
First DMV office we visited in Tucson I got the lady from he**. I complained to the supervisor - which I had never done; she was that bad. Then we moved up to Phoenix and the Deer Valley DMV office is sweet! Great people. Sometimes there is a wait though. However; for routine things like license plates, titles etc. we have private companies that do that work too (really takes a load off the State DMV's).

When I got the CB350/4 on the road again I used our AAA office. Oh man, that was da bomb!

When I bought the motorcycle trailer we used a private company in Wickenberg (people were OK, but the guy that processed the paperwork was not as conscientious as he should have been for doing legal stuff - not sure if he is the norm for these offices or not; I strongly suspect so but my data set is too small).

When I sold the CB350/F the seller used a different office on Bell Road and that went very well. They do add their own fees but they are nominal and easily makes it worth while compared to the over worked AZ DMV's.

I have some concerns about government business being taken over by the private sector; but for the most part, in Arizona, it seems to be working. On the down side, those guys will plate a bike that the AZ DMZ will not and some people take advantage of that. Arizona has higher standards for employees than the private sector.
 
Wow. I complain about Ohio weather and flat, straight roads a lot. But the State title offices and BMVs are nothing like that. Its also a great place if the 2nd Amendment is something you care about. Now if only we had California weather......
 
When I moved from New Mexico to Lubbock TX, I had to do title/register 2 vehicles and 2 motorcycles. State inspections required, but they were all done at a quick lube place. They didn't ride the bikes, but observed me while braking hard. Cost was $7 each.

I took the titles to a DMV branch office in one of the banks and waited in line about 5 minute to see a clerk. When she saw that I had 4 title transfers, she sent me upstairs to the clerk that does the dealer title work. All done in about 20 minutes, so I was quite pleased.

Renewed the registrations a few weeks ago. Inspections at the same quick lube and paperwork at the same branch office. A few minutes in line and paperwork took less than 5 minutes.
 
We have a small DMV counter inside the local Sheriff's office. Walk in, walk out, 5 minutes max. Always friendly. They don't even have a number machine. It's such a pleasure compared to the nonsense I dealt with in San Diego.
 
My BMV here in Indiana is great. I do take a number but have never waited more than 15 minutes to be served. The staff are courteous and efficient and everthing is processed in about 10 minutes.
 
Am I reading some of this right? Some of you have to have a valid state inspection before you can title and register a motor vehicle?

In Virginia we have an annual inspection, but it does not need to be valid for a sale, or to register a vehicle. Needs one to operate on the street though.

I bought my ST from a member in Mississippi. Registered and titled it 3 months before I went and got it. Put the tag on, and rode it home. Got the inspection sticker right after I got home. Didn’t get pulled over once in VA. so I don’t know if there is a grace period or not.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Am I reading some of this right? Some of you have to have a valid state inspection before you can title and register a motor vehicle?

In Virginia we have an annual inspection, but it does not need to be valid for a sale, or to register a vehicle. Needs one to operate on the street though.

I bought my ST from a member in Mississippi. Registered and titled it 3 months before I went and got it. Put the tag on, and rode it home. Got the inspection sticker right after I got home. Didn’t get pulled over once in VA. so I don’t know if there is a grace period or not.
It’s only necessary to have a vehicle inspected in Ca if bringing it from another State and several other reasons I’m sure. My bike came from Missouri,even though it was new it still needed to be inspected.
 
Back
Top