HikerToo_imp
Road warrior
Mine has had the stumble/surge for a while, PCV and ECU helped but did not fix 100%, I would like to try this...but would be funny if it reset my ECU to stock default again 

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

:huh:Deanohh_imp said:This also calibrates the hand position sensor(brain). I can't even turn the grip to full throttle with my normal grip. I have to grip at zero throttle with my wrist curved and hand more over the top so that I can go from z to 100% with my hand/wrist turn. I do this a bunch of times then go for a ride. The bike is now a rocket. What happened? My grip at zero has changed so that what seems like my usual hand inputs result in more actual throttle .
I'm not sure I understand what you are doing either. Are you saying that you have trained the TPS to think that partial throttle is now full throttle? If so, could you go through the exact process once more?...Deanohh_imp said:This also calibrates the hand position sensor(brain). I can't even turn the grip to full throttle with my normal grip. I have to grip at zero throttle with my wrist curved and hand more over the top so that I can go from z to 100% with my hand/wrist turn. I do this a bunch of times then go for a ride. The bike is now a rocket. What happened? My grip at zero has changed so that what seems like my usual hand inputs result in more actual throttle .
I'm not sure I understand what you are doing either. Are you saying that you have trained the TPS to think that partial throttle is now full throttle? If so, could you go through the exact process once more?...Gumby 1100_imp said:I'm not sure I understand what you are doing either. Are you saying that you have trained the TPS to think that partial throttle is now full throttle? If so, could you go through the exact process once more?...Deanohh_imp said:This also calibrates the hand position sensor(brain). I can't even turn the grip to full throttle with my normal grip. I have to grip at zero throttle with my wrist curved and hand more over the top so that I can go from z to 100% with my hand/wrist turn. I do this a bunch of times then go for a ride. The bike is now a rocket. What happened? My grip at zero has changed so that what seems like my usual hand inputs result in more actual throttle .
I'm not sure how it would know where your hand is, only what constitutes fully open or fully closed throttle.
Thanks,
Now I get it...muscle memory, like "Wax on, wax off", or, in this case, "Throttle on, throttle off"Deanohh_imp said:I'm not sure I understand what you are doing either. Are you saying that you have trained the TPS to think that partial throttle is now full throttle? If so, could you go through the exact process once more?...Gumby 1100_imp said:I'm not sure I understand what you are doing either. Are you saying that you have trained the TPS to think that partial throttle is now full throttle? If so, could you go through the exact process once more?...Deanohh_imp said:This also calibrates the hand position sensor(brain). I can't even turn the grip to full throttle with my normal grip. I have to grip at zero throttle with my wrist curved and hand more over the top so that I can go from z to 100% with my hand/wrist turn. I do this a bunch of times then go for a ride. The bike is now a rocket. What happened? My grip at zero has changed so that what seems like my usual hand inputs result in more actual throttle .
I'm not sure how it would know where your hand is, only what constitutes fully open or fully closed throttle.
Thanks,
I'm not sure how it would know where your hand is, only what constitutes fully open or fully closed throttle.
Thanks, My brain (or yours), not the bikes brain.

I'm not sure I understand what you are doing either. Are you saying that you have trained the TPS to think that partial throttle is now full throttle? If so, could you go through the exact process once more?...Deanohh_imp said:I'm not sure I understand what you are doing either. Are you saying that you have trained the TPS to think that partial throttle is now full throttle? If so, could you go through the exact process once more?...Gumby 1100_imp said:I'm not sure I understand what you are doing either. Are you saying that you have trained the TPS to think that partial throttle is now full throttle? If so, could you go through the exact process once more?...Deanohh_imp said:This also calibrates the hand position sensor(brain). I can't even turn the grip to full throttle with my normal grip. I have to grip at zero throttle with my wrist curved and hand more over the top so that I can go from z to 100% with my hand/wrist turn. I do this a bunch of times then go for a ride. The bike is now a rocket. What happened? My grip at zero has changed so that what seems like my usual hand inputs result in more actual throttle .
I'm not sure how it would know where your hand is, only what constitutes fully open or fully closed throttle.
Thanks,
I'm not sure how it would know where your hand is, only what constitutes fully open or fully closed throttle.
Thanks, My brain (or yours), not the bikes brain.
Hey! Other people spend a lot of $$ on drugs just so they can get to where I already am all the time. Age has its advantages.ClassicVW_imp said:Don't forget, his state legalized marijuana....just sayin'....
Deanohh's observation here makes some kind of sense to me.Randy B_imp said:It doesn't reset the ECU, but calibrated the TPS. Basically it's telling the ECU what the full open and full closed values are so it can meter the fuel properly. It doesn't change the fuel map or spark curve, just tell it when to start and stop and the gradation in between.
And, just to throw in my $0.02 worth, I tried this (it couldn't hurt could it?) and I think I noticed two things when I went for a decent ride yesterday.Deanohh_imp said:This also calibrates the hand position sensor(brain). I can't even turn the grip to full throttle with my normal grip. I have to grip at zero throttle with my wrist curved and hand more over the top so that I can go from z to 100% with my hand/wrist turn. I do this a bunch of times then go for a ride. The bike is now a rocket. What happened? My grip at zero has changed so that what seems like my usual hand inputs result in more actual throttle .
Isn't the plural of "Dufus" really "Dufi"?DGShannon_imp said:I'm just waiting for someone to find absolute, factual, truth that this has no effect on our bikes. Then won't we all feel like a bunch of doofus?
All you will do is add a shot of fuel to the chamber. We use to pump the gas twice on older cars in the winter to set the choke, no damage was ever done ( maybe flooding once in a whileDGShannon_imp said:I'm just waiting for someone to find absolute, factual, truth that this has no effect on our bikes. Then won't we all feel like a bunch of doofus?
) in fact it was required. Isn't the plural of "Dufus" really "Dufi"?Gumby 1100_imp said:Isn't the plural of "Dufus" really "Dufi"?DGShannon_imp said:I'm just waiting for someone to find absolute, factual, truth that this has no effect on our bikes. Then won't we all feel like a bunch of doofus?![]()
If I am one I want to be grammatically correct.
Isn't the plural of "Dufus" really "Dufi"?Cormanus_imp said:Isn't the plural of "Dufus" really "Dufi"?Gumby 1100_imp said:Isn't the plural of "Dufus" really "Dufi"?DGShannon_imp said:I'm just waiting for someone to find absolute, factual, truth that this has no effect on our bikes. Then won't we all feel like a bunch of doofus?![]()
If I am one I want to be grammatically correct.![]()
If I am one I want to be grammatically correct.
I'd have thought it was "doofuses".
