Here's a cool one especially for us geezers lol

Interesting! The advantages of a four wheeled vehicle with the cornering fun of a motorcycle. That would make a good adventure bike as it would be more stable on rough roads and trails.

The built in storage area looks big enough to hold my collapsible fish rod and tackle.
 
Neat to see the suspension at work. I'll bet once a rider gets familiar with the feel, it would be a blast.
 
suhawk305_imp said:
Old news ferret, I have a John Deere model with a mower deck. Took a ride yesterday.
Reading what I wrote probably came off as a little crass.
Actually, this looks like a well designed machine that would appeal to a lot of riders. Someday, if not now, I could be a candidate for such a ride. However, when that day comes to give up riding my CB1100, I’m hanging up my helmet. Hopefully, I got a couple of more years left.
 
Ben70_imp said:
When Medicare will cover it as a mobility aid, I will get one! :)
Agree with that, only 400cc/32HP, good enough for grocery shopping and town...
 
Interesting share Ferret.

Something for those Ottawa winters!

A mini Edsel front grill.

A squirt for a tail pipe.

This likely fits some niche purpose for sure, especially local deliveries during inclement weather.

- - -

Yes, something to consider over a trike.
 
Thread starter
Except the Piaggio's only have one wheel in back right? Heck I rode one,you'd think I'd remember
 
Thread starter
The difference I think is that with the Piaggio you have to flip a lever to sit upright at a stop with feet up. With this as long as you are holding both brakes that is not necessary, you can sit with feet up without falling over, although you can flip the lever to lock the steering
 
I see several of these around here, and one of my colleagues comes to work on his every day.

Having tried it I am not convinced. Yes, theoretically it should be safer in slippery conditions, and braking with four wheels should ensure better braking. I noted that it felt heavy while cornering, being slow to lean in. More so than the Piaggios three wheelers. As for the braking, I did not find that I could brake in a shorter distance than with my CB. Perhaps for a person who is not used to riding bikes they would gain an advantage.

It is really heavy, and so perhaps the fact that you can block it upright is a good idea at a stop so you don't accidentally fall over. For me, better then to get a small and light proper motorcycle.

If I wanted something practical with storage space I would prefer a regular scooter. They have much more storage than these as the rear wheel set-up takes up a lot of space. But at the end of the day, I much prefer a proper motorcycle and a backpack or a tankbag if I need some storage.
 
Are these internal combustion? How many cc's, hp? Do they counter steer in cornering, or turn in the direction you want to go? When I can no longer keep my CB or my BMW upright, I may get one of these instead of the golf cart.
 
Back
Top