Help with Givi Luggage Rack

Gumby 1100_imp said:
afaiaz_imp said:
Hi all! Happy Tuesday (!)

Can anyone point me towards information for installing the Givi SR 1118 Rear Carrier on the CB1100? I just got this in the mail today, from Italy (ebay).

https://www.giviusa.com/my-motorcycle/honda/cb1100-13/sr1118-topcase-mounting-hardware-detail

Best,
Abrar
Here you go!...3 pages of instructions:

https://www.revzilla.com/assets/0001/7061/givi_sr1118_top_case_rack_honda_cb110020132014.pdf

Remember: Google can be your friend! ;)
Here you go!...3 pages of instructions:
https://www.revzilla.com/assets/0001/7061/givi_sr1118_top_case_rack_honda_cb110020132014.pdf
Remember: Google can be your friend! ;)
[/QUOTE]

This is amazing from Gumby 1100, who does not own CB any longer and still monitors and answers Forum members requests.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Great job Gumby :clap:
P.S how is your HaDa doing???
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Gumby 1100_imp said:
afaiaz_imp said:
Hi all! Happy Tuesday (!)

Can anyone point me towards information for installing the Givi SR 1118 Rear Carrier on the CB1100? I just got this in the mail today, from Italy (ebay).

https://www.giviusa.com/my-motorcycle/honda/cb1100-13/sr1118-topcase-mounting-hardware-detail

Best,
Abrar
Here you go!...3 pages of instructions:

https://www.revzilla.com/assets/0001/7061/givi_sr1118_top_case_rack_honda_cb110020132014.pdf

Remember: Google can be your friend! ;)
Here you go!...3 pages of instructions:
https://www.revzilla.com/assets/0001/7061/givi_sr1118_top_case_rack_honda_cb110020132014.pdf
Remember: Google can be your friend! ;)

This is amazing from Gumby 1100, who does not own CB any longer and still monitors and answers Forum members requests.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Great job Gumby :clap:
P.S how is your HaDa doing???
[/QUOTE]
Thanks, Peter!

The Road King is great! The older I get, the more I appreciate a bike that fits me more like my La-Z-Boy recliner.

I've tried out some H-D forums, but some of the cantankerous old-timers don't take kindly to newbs...
The CB1100 Forum, on the other hand, is one of the most civil bike brotherhoods that I have had the privilege to take part in.
 
Gumby 1100_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Gumby 1100_imp said:
afaiaz_imp said:
Hi all! Happy Tuesday (!)

Can anyone point me towards information for installing the Givi SR 1118 Rear Carrier on the CB1100? I just got this in the mail today, from Italy (ebay).

https://www.giviusa.com/my-motorcycle/honda/cb1100-13/sr1118-topcase-mounting-hardware-detail

Best,
Abrar
Here you go!...3 pages of instructions:

https://www.revzilla.com/assets/0001/7061/givi_sr1118_top_case_rack_honda_cb110020132014.pdf

Remember: Google can be your friend! ;)
Here you go!...3 pages of instructions:
https://www.revzilla.com/assets/0001/7061/givi_sr1118_top_case_rack_honda_cb110020132014.pdf
Remember: Google can be your friend! ;)

This is amazing from Gumby 1100, who does not own CB any longer and still monitors and answers Forum members requests.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Great job Gumby :clap:
P.S how is your HaDa doing???
Thanks, Peter!

The Road King is great! The older I get, the more I appreciate a bike that fits me more like my La-Z-Boy recliner.

I've tried out some H-D forums, but some of the cantankerous old-timers don't take kindly to newbs...
The CB1100 Forum, on the other hand, is one of the most civil bike brotherhoods that I have had the privilege to take part in.
[/QUOTE]
My eldest son-in-law likes his 2006.
He has traveled from east of Atlanta, GA to Bullhead City, AZ on it.
Gumby 1100_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Gumby 1100_imp said:
afaiaz_imp said:
Hi all! Happy Tuesday (!)

Can anyone point me towards information for installing the Givi SR 1118 Rear Carrier on the CB1100? I just got this in the mail today, from Italy (ebay).

https://www.giviusa.com/my-motorcycle/honda/cb1100-13/sr1118-topcase-mounting-hardware-detail

Best,
Abrar
Here you go!...3 pages of instructions:

https://www.revzilla.com/assets/0001/7061/givi_sr1118_top_case_rack_honda_cb110020132014.pdf

Remember: Google can be your friend! ;)
Here you go!...3 pages of instructions:
https://www.revzilla.com/assets/0001/7061/givi_sr1118_top_case_rack_honda_cb110020132014.pdf
Remember: Google can be your friend! ;)

This is amazing from Gumby 1100, who does not own CB any longer and still monitors and answers Forum members requests.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Great job Gumby :clap:
P.S how is your HaDa doing???
Thanks, Peter!

The Road King is great! The older I get, the more I appreciate a bike that fits me more like my La-Z-Boy recliner.

I've tried out some H-D forums, but some of the cantankerous old-timers don't take kindly to newbs...
The CB1100 Forum, on the other hand, is one of the most civil bike brotherhoods that I have had the privilege to take part in.
[/QUOTE]
There are grumps on many/most forums and yes, this one is remarkable civil.

Do you remember the sixties advertising: "you meet the nicest people on a Honda!"?
 
Gumby 1100_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Gumby 1100_imp said:
afaiaz_imp said:
Hi all! Happy Tuesday (!)

Can anyone point me towards information for installing the Givi SR 1118 Rear Carrier on the CB1100? I just got this in the mail today, from Italy (ebay).

https://www.giviusa.com/my-motorcycle/honda/cb1100-13/sr1118-topcase-mounting-hardware-detail

Best,
Abrar
Here you go!...3 pages of instructions:

https://www.revzilla.com/assets/0001/7061/givi_sr1118_top_case_rack_honda_cb110020132014.pdf

Remember: Google can be your friend! ;)
Here you go!...3 pages of instructions:
https://www.revzilla.com/assets/0001/7061/givi_sr1118_top_case_rack_honda_cb110020132014.pdf
Remember: Google can be your friend! ;)

This is amazing from Gumby 1100, who does not own CB any longer and still monitors and answers Forum members requests.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Great job Gumby :clap:
P.S how is your HaDa doing???
Thanks, Peter!

The Road King is great! The older I get, the more I appreciate a bike that fits me more like my La-Z-Boy recliner.

I've tried out some H-D forums, but some of the cantankerous old-timers don't take kindly to newbs...
The CB1100 Forum, on the other hand, is one of the most civil bike brotherhoods that I have had the privilege to take part in.
[/QUOTE]
I always see more Harleys than any other type of bike when I am out riding. Like me they are always retirees out enjoying cruising the back roads on the weekdays to avoid the traffic. Pleasant to talk to at any of the rest stops.

I am always envious when I see them in their T-shirts while I am stuck in my heavy leather jacket. Fortunately it does have zippers that allow me to catch the wind and stay reasonably cool.

Worse are the tourists at the ice cream stands in T-shirts, shorts, and sneakers. As I fumble with all the gear every time I get on and off the bike and stumble around in boots, I get the feeling this is NOT FREEDOM.

Maybe it's time for another convertible, the reason I spent years without a motorcycle.
 
Nortoon_imp said:
Gumby 1100_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Gumby 1100_imp said:
afaiaz_imp said:
Hi all! Happy Tuesday (!)

Can anyone point me towards information for installing the Givi SR 1118 Rear Carrier on the CB1100? I just got this in the mail today, from Italy (ebay).

https://www.giviusa.com/my-motorcycle/honda/cb1100-13/sr1118-topcase-mounting-hardware-detail

Best,
Abrar
Here you go!...3 pages of instructions:

https://www.revzilla.com/assets/0001/7061/givi_sr1118_top_case_rack_honda_cb110020132014.pdf

Remember: Google can be your friend! ;)
Here you go!...3 pages of instructions:
https://www.revzilla.com/assets/0001/7061/givi_sr1118_top_case_rack_honda_cb110020132014.pdf
Remember: Google can be your friend! ;)

This is amazing from Gumby 1100, who does not own CB any longer and still monitors and answers Forum members requests.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Great job Gumby :clap:
P.S how is your HaDa doing???
Thanks, Peter!

The Road King is great! The older I get, the more I appreciate a bike that fits me more like my La-Z-Boy recliner.

I've tried out some H-D forums, but some of the cantankerous old-timers don't take kindly to newbs...
The CB1100 Forum, on the other hand, is one of the most civil bike brotherhoods that I have had the privilege to take part in.
I always see more Harleys than any other type of bike when I am out riding. Like me they are always retirees out enjoying cruising the back roads on the weekdays to avoid the traffic. Pleasant to talk to at any of the rest stops.

I am always envious when I see them in their T-shirts while I am stuck in my heavy leather jacket. Fortunately it does have zippers that allow me to catch the wind and stay reasonably cool.

Worse are the tourists at the ice cream stands in T-shirts, shorts, and sneakers. As I fumble with all the gear every time I get on and off the bike and stumble around in boots, I get the feeling this is NOT FREEDOM.

Maybe it's time for another convertible, the reason I spent years without a motorcycle.

[/QUOTE]
Hey, I still wear my armored mesh jacket, good gloves and heavy biking boots while riding the hog - even in the heat of the summer. I still trust my riding and defensive skills, but the cagers I have to share the road with are another matter...

However, when keeping the Road King upright becomes a problem for me - well, then it will likely be Miata time (or other reasonably priced sporty convertible). ;)
 
Gumby 1100_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Gumby 1100_imp said:
afaiaz_imp said:
Hi all! Happy Tuesday (!)

Can anyone point me towards information for installing the Givi SR 1118 Rear Carrier on the CB1100? I just got this in the mail today, from Italy (ebay).

https://www.giviusa.com/my-motorcycle/honda/cb1100-13/sr1118-topcase-mounting-hardware-detail

Best,
Abrar
Here you go!...3 pages of instructions:

https://www.revzilla.com/assets/0001/7061/givi_sr1118_top_case_rack_honda_cb110020132014.pdf

Remember: Google can be your friend! ;)
Here you go!...3 pages of instructions:
https://www.revzilla.com/assets/0001/7061/givi_sr1118_top_case_rack_honda_cb110020132014.pdf
Remember: Google can be your friend! ;)

This is amazing from Gumby 1100, who does not own CB any longer and still monitors and answers Forum members requests.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Great job Gumby :clap:
P.S how is your HaDa doing???
Thanks, Peter!

The Road King is great! The older I get, the more I appreciate a bike that fits me more like my La-Z-Boy recliner.

I've tried out some H-D forums, but some of the cantankerous old-timers don't take kindly to newbs...
The CB1100 Forum, on the other hand, is one of the most civil bike brotherhoods that I have had the privilege to take part in.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks, Peter!

The Road King is great! The older I get, the more I appreciate a bike that fits me more like my La-Z-Boy recliner.

I've tried out some H-D forums, but some of the cantankerous old-timers don't take kindly to newbs...
The CB1100 Forum, on the other hand, is one of the most civil bike brotherhoods that I have had the privilege to take part in.
You are absolutely right, love your bike as much as I love mine:thumbsup::D
 
Nortoon_imp said:
Gumby 1100_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Gumby 1100_imp said:
afaiaz_imp said:
Hi all! Happy Tuesday (!)

Can anyone point me towards information for installing the Givi SR 1118 Rear Carrier on the CB1100? I just got this in the mail today, from Italy (ebay).

https://www.giviusa.com/my-motorcycle/honda/cb1100-13/sr1118-topcase-mounting-hardware-detail

Best,
Abrar
Here you go!...3 pages of instructions:

https://www.revzilla.com/assets/0001/7061/givi_sr1118_top_case_rack_honda_cb110020132014.pdf

Remember: Google can be your friend! ;)
Here you go!...3 pages of instructions:
https://www.revzilla.com/assets/0001/7061/givi_sr1118_top_case_rack_honda_cb110020132014.pdf
Remember: Google can be your friend! ;)

This is amazing from Gumby 1100, who does not own CB any longer and still monitors and answers Forum members requests.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Great job Gumby :clap:
P.S how is your HaDa doing???
Thanks, Peter!

The Road King is great! The older I get, the more I appreciate a bike that fits me more like my La-Z-Boy recliner.

I've tried out some H-D forums, but some of the cantankerous old-timers don't take kindly to newbs...
The CB1100 Forum, on the other hand, is one of the most civil bike brotherhoods that I have had the privilege to take part in.
I always see more Harleys than any other type of bike when I am out riding. Like me they are always retirees out enjoying cruising the back roads on the weekdays to avoid the traffic. Pleasant to talk to at any of the rest stops.

I am always envious when I see them in their T-shirts while I am stuck in my heavy leather jacket. Fortunately it does have zippers that allow me to catch the wind and stay reasonably cool.

Worse are the tourists at the ice cream stands in T-shirts, shorts, and sneakers. As I fumble with all the gear every time I get on and off the bike and stumble around in boots, I get the feeling this is NOT FREEDOM.

Maybe it's time for another convertible, the reason I spent years without a motorcycle.

[/QUOTE]
I always see more Harleys than any other type of bike when I am out riding. Like me they are always retirees out enjoying cruising the back roads on the weekdays to avoid the traffic. Pleasant to talk to at any of the rest stops.

I am always envious when I see them in their T-shirts while I am stuck in my heavy leather jacket. Fortunately it does have zippers that allow me to catch the wind and stay reasonably cool.

Worse are the tourists at the ice cream stands in T-shirts, shorts, and sneakers. As I fumble with all the gear every time I get on and off the bike and stumble around in boots, I get the feeling this is NOT FREEDOM.

Maybe it's time for another convertible, the reason I spent years without a motorcycle.
Funny you should say that, I bought my wife an '04 BMW Z4 for an anniversary present a couple of weeks ago, I didn't think I would like it as it is so small. Boy was I wrong, I think it is more fun to drive than my Trans Am.

Coincidentally I was at the bike shop getting new tires put one the CB and talking to the mechanic who does all my work - he is in his early 60s and working on and riding motorcycles his entire life - he has a Z3 and that has replaced his bike for long trips for he and his wife.

Thanks goes to Guth for the idea.
 
One of my cars is a Z3 M Roadster. I call it my ice cream car as that is what it is perfect for- short drives to weekend fun with the wife.
 
Took a while to get my SR1118 from Twisted Throttle (they were out of stock and had to ship from Italy), but holy crap, this is this nicest piece of engineering I've bolted onto a bike. The rack fits tightly BENEATH the turn signal brackets, so is hidden at that layer and doesn't stick out like the stock one does. Because of the tight fit, you might get a pinched finger or two, but well worth it in the end. The back bolts have to go on first, and tipping the rack way up was the best way to get a wrench in there to tighten it up.

Now the vision I had for the bike is complete, StreetShield EX, Hoosier Garage OEM replacement mirrors, black Plastidipped side covers, and my Givi rack and top box!!

I'll be smiling for the weekend!!!


 
Nice work, Jeeves.
 
Back
Top