Help, need assistance in assembling a key tumbler for a Top case

17-CB-002

Been there
Thread starter
Good day,
2017 CB1100 Top case with 1 key system.
Note: The 2017 key is an internally cut key - different from 2016 and earlier model.
I wonder if any of you has ever assemble a HONDA top case key barrel/tumbler.

Just received a new Top case from Samurider and the barrel/tumbler assembly instructions are in Japanese. I tried my best, however, has a few question that bothers me.
For lack of technical words, I don't know how to better describe/explain my problem, so I will give it my best shot, I have 2 questions.
Description:
The barrel/tumbler has 6 rows and each row can accept 2 individual pins except for the 1st row and 6th(last) row which is a one piece pin.
Q1. The only way for the pins to be flush with the barrel is I had to mix different pins on the same row. Is it a normal industry practice for the barrel/tumbler to be assemble like that?
Q2. I cannot find a solution for the last row (furthest inward) which accept a single piece pin. There is no single unit pin in the kit that I can use so that it is flushed with the barrel.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Will take some pictures.
 
Thread starter
Thanks all

The translated instructions are great and I got the idea behind it.

FYI, my tumblers are not the one-piece design as per your instructions.
Because of a new 2-piece design, now the key combination has increased many many folds.

I got it working late last night - no need for a locksmith just pure brain power working at 120% capacity.
I will post new instructions later.
Thanks Curlyjoe, my 1-key system is exactly as your instructions.
Thanks Cormanus.
 
Curlyjoe, I've added your link in the how to. Thanks for posting it.
 
Back
Top