Hello, It's been a while, but not hiding

rbike_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
:hello: Hello, It's been a while, but I have not been hiding - on purpose. Just so much has transpired.

Purchased a TT , then traded it in for an RV - Too long to go through that history, but all I can say is if you have never done either, you are so fortunate. Not in the events, but the total lack of professionalism, collection of bullies, liars, thieves, ... Only thing I have discovered that is worse than our current political system. If any CB1100ers have one, I am sure that they have similar experiences. This is industry wide, not limited to manufacturers, location, price, or model - ALL and every! Pure Greed and crxp! Enough said.

I still have yet to install my 19/35 sprockets and redo my tank design and paint job, but it won't be too long.

What I have done is purchase a PCX150 - what a pleasant surprise! Absolute best scooter, moped, but in reality, small motorcycle. Rated at 70mph 100mpg - Actual 60-64 (depends on wind), 75mpg at 50+ mph, 150+ mpg around town 25-35 mph.

Reason for PCX150 is to not have a tow vehicle on RV. I am fabricating a dedicated platform that will attach directly to the chassis because the spare tire assembly I fabricated that goes into hitch uses 200 of the 500 pound limit. Again, I do not trust anything they do, design, ....

I can't wait to take it for a spin on the Going to the Sun Road in Glacier National Park before too long.

Enjoy the pics. I'll post MC platform when finished. BTW, this forum, its' members, and the forum software are the bomb! The other (rv) forums are the pits and I rarely post any more. Too many sm@@s!





 
LOL I hope you are talking the PCX on Going to the Sun Rd and not the TT. Was just talking to my neighbor this afternoon ( a big past Motorhome and now TT buff) about the wild motorcycle roads I have been on, only to see a motorhome/TT coming the other way. Like Rattlesnake Pass for example..or Bear Tooth Highway. There are just some places people should not take those things IMO lol.

Anyhow, welcome back. Enjoy it all if you can.
 
Thread starter
For the lucky uninitiated, TT is a travel Trailer, RV is a Recreational Vehicle.

I will be taking the PCX150 from the east and west ends on the GTTSR. The road has stringent limits or you will hit the rocks!



Pics of course when available.
 
Wife and I enjoyed Going to the Sun Road July, 2016.
We went west to east and back east to west.
Delightful!
 
wife on Going to the Sun Road in 2012

6ad59310b8b59a1056c41bd2f28b18b1.jpg
 
I take my truck camper to Ak every year. I spend mid-July to mid-Oct spey fly fishing for salmon. Last year I headed up in April and returned around the beginning of Oct. I'm planning on heading up this year in July. Fish on.
 
I also have a PCX150 and love it. I put a Givi shield on it. It really helps above 45mph. Always gives me 110 mpg.
Thought about a TT popup when I retired then talked to many people about cost and upkeep and found out I
could buy a lot of motel and VRBO rooms for the same money.
 
ahhh thanks Blockhead. Don't think I have ever heard of that or stayed in one.
 
I'm looking at a VRBO for my group's trip to the Smokies this fall. Not a bad deal for a large enough group.
 
VRBO.com is an awesome service. Mostly homes and condos, rented by the owners. We've used the service all over the US and Europe. Beats the daylights out of a hotel room, particularly when traveling with family or group.
 
What's the difference between VRBO and Airbnb?
 
I usually have a song running around in my head. The direction of this threads leads me to this:

Trailer for sale or rent, rooms to let, fifty cents.
No phone, no pool, no pets, I ain't got no cigarettes
Ah, but, two hours of pushin' broom
Buys an eight by twelve four-bit room
I'm a man of means by no means, king of the road.

Roger Miller "King of the Road"
 
I used to know all the lyrics to 'King of the Road' when I was like 5 years old and my mom and grandmother would make me sing it. LOL
 
Back
Top