Hello, It's been a while, but not hiding

Sixteen tons and waddya get?
Another day older and deeper in debt.
 
Thread starter
CA200_imp said:
I also have a PCX150 and love it. I put a Givi shield on it. It really helps above 45mph. Always gives me 110 mpg.
Thought about a TT popup when I retired then talked to many people about cost and upkeep and found out I
could buy a lot of motel and VRBO rooms for the same money.
Does the Givi replace the existing windscreen? Which model/product #?
D1130ST WINDSHIELD Product SKU: D1130ST
D1136ST SPECIFIC SCREEN Product SKU: D1136ST


TT is ok if stay under 20 feet and 3000 pounds. Upkeep is no problem, just like a car, house , ... on a very personal level as to how much. TT, RV,... unless you want to stay at the RV "hotels", the purpose is to see the world and that means staying off-grid as much as possible. "plug in to hotels" every 3-6 days for water, sewer, charge top off. But even that is not necessary as you can top off water and dump at many locations. I make my own power 95% of the time when traveling.

BTW, this thread became about music, one should start a new thread unless you want to be like RV forums - LOL. The only music is the sound (or lack of) from my Hondas!
 
I am of the humble opinion the best way to do the Going to the Sun road is from west to east.

Tempted to get a TT or an RV but the logic keeps going in circles. I think we'll avoid it.

Or it may be like how I got married. I chased her until she finally caught me. :P
 
The windshield I used was this one -
PCX 150 '13'
Works great.
I have used VRBO many times and have always had good luck.
Last one was a condo in Ashland Wi. and was just super nice.
 
rbike_imp said:
For the lucky uninitiated, TT is a travel Trailer, RV is a Recreational Vehicle.

I will be taking the PCX150 from the east and west ends on the GTTSR. The road has stringent limits or you will hit the rocks!



Pics of course when available.
21' max length, heck, my truck is 19' by its' self.
 
Thread starter
Its been a while again, but I am still here. I just checked and realized that I never posted pics from my trip out west. I used my "bike" way more than I ever expected - 800+ miles vs 150. I had a number of 100+ mile days. 'only way to see the national parks! It came in handy once in an emergency to repair the RV due to an idiot that lined the road with boulders! This could be a long post, but I'm just going to let the pictures speak. I wish I had my CB1100, but the PCX has way exceeded all of my expectations! Sometimes little brothers do not get the respect they should. 'hard to include or pick from the thousands of images taken, so here are a few. Enjoy

Best Forum on the web!
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
 
Nice report, gorgeous pics... unfortunately needs new rim, tire and valve stem..
Drive/ride save and good luck with your travel :thumbsup:
 
Fantastic pics rbike. Good to hear from you.
 
Awesome. Looks like Going to the Sun Road in Glacier, Yellowstone, Bryce Canyon, Arches, Capitol Reef. That was a great trip!
 
Glorious rbike!

I wish to retire like that, sans the rocked rim.

Honda scooters are under-rated. Seems you found a nice pairing with the RV.
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
Nice report, gorgeous pics... unfortunately needs new rim, tire and valve stem..
Drive/ride save and good luck with your travel :thumbsup:
Both tires and wheels on the right side. The trip had sustained winds of 30-50 (yes 50) mph the whole trip since Georgia (US) going NW to Montana and back. ' never realized how windy the Midwest is. Straight-line winds were a never ending feat to keep on the road, not just stay in the lane. This event was a wind caused action that only moved me a few inches (apx 6-9), but it was enough to have me run into the boulders on the nonexistent shoulder. Having tools (electric impact wrench - really cool tool!) and the MC (really cool too) enabled me to wobble 10 miles @ 10mph to the visitor center where there was enough room to move the good front wheel to the rear and then utilizing my MC I went into town and ordered 2 new wheels and tires to go on the front.

I never travel without my Honda ever now. Even if I have no intention of needing it for local get around when traveling at destinations, it is there for just in case anytime more than 30-60 minutes away from home.

It is on & off in 10 minutes - 10 seconds on and off, 9 minutes and 50 seconds for tie downs and ramp - lol.
I am looking forward to travelling up the east coast this summer and putting many miles with my Honda jr along the beaches and parks on my Honda while the home stays in the local resting location.
 
Back
Top