Headlight and speedo chrome.

Bbref36_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I have seen photos on this forum of the chrome piece from Honda that goes on the spedo. Wondering if anyone out there has installed the headlight piece as well. Thinking of getting both. I really liked the look of the speedo piece and think headlight could be as good.
 
I ordered the tach and speedo chrome covers a month ago and was told they would be here in July. Didn't order the headlight cover as I think it costs too much and I don't really need it with the Puig windscreen installed.
 
Thread starter
Wow that's quite a back order. I'm thinking of both only because of the discount I get as a shop employee.
 
My thread is here:

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=47

Long story short, I originally ordered both the gauge covers and headlight cover, but decided to install the gauge covers only. They put enough "bling" on the front end w/o being too flashy, and they are super easy to install. The headlight cover costs over $100, and looks like it'd require quite a bit more fiddling to get it installed (disconnecting wires, etc).
 
If I remember right, thumper ordered his and they came right in. I went and ordered mine and it was a June delivery date, then a July delivery date. We'll see.

Maybe thumper got the only set they brought over here ;)
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
If I remember right, thumper ordered his and they came right in. I went and ordered mine and it was a June delivery date, then a July delivery date. We'll see.

Maybe thumper got the only set they brought over here ;)
I actually ordered my accessories in late March, when my dealer took delivery of his first non-ABS bike. It was about a week or so after I took delivery of my ABS until the parts arrived--so it took about 4-5 weeks.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
If I remember right, thumper ordered his and they came right in. I went and ordered mine and it was a June delivery date, then a July delivery date. We'll see.

Maybe thumper got the only set they brought over here ;)
yep, I ordered mine at the beginning of May, was told I'll probably see them in July. The elves must be working overtime to meet the sudden demand :-)
 
If Thumper's come up missing, I didn't take them :angel:
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
If Thumper's come up missing, I didn't take them :angel:
Feel free to drop by! My house is easy to find--it's the one with the Ford in the driveway that has a bunch of red/blue LED's, and the phrase "Police Interceptor" on the trunk. In the backyard, you'll find the German Shepard. Once inside, you'll be greeted by the wife--who just really loves her Glock.

See ya soon!

:P
 
thumper_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
If Thumper's come up missing, I didn't take them :angel:
Feel free to drop by! My house is easy to find--it's the one with the Ford in the driveway that has a bunch of red/blue LED's, and the phrase "Police Interceptor" on the trunk. In the backyard, you'll find the German Shepard. Once inside, you'll be greeted by the wife--who just really loves her Glock.

See ya soon!

:P
Feel free to drop by! My house is easy to find--it's the one with the Ford in the driveway that has a bunch of red/blue LED's, and the phrase "Police Interceptor" on the trunk. In the backyard, you'll find the German Shepard. Once inside, you'll be greeted by the wife--who just really loves her Glock.

See ya soon!

:P
Ya know....I can wait for mine to get here!:)

And if your an old time cop, I really really really don't want to do the funky chicken!!!:( :D
 
Thread starter
thumper_imp said:
My thread is here:

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=47

Long story short, I originally ordered both the gauge covers and headlight cover, but decided to install the gauge covers only. They put enough "bling" on the front end w/o being too flashy, and they are super easy to install. The headlight cover costs over $100, and looks like it'd require quite a bit more fiddling to get it installed (disconnecting wires, etc).
Just installed the head light chrome piece. Was easy to do and looks good. Going to get a photo tomorrow.
 
My gauge covers are STILL on order. Delivery supposedly around July 10.

Edit to add. I've had the headlight off. There is not much in the shell. Not like the bikes in the old days. Just some nicely routed cable that will easily unplug and come out the hole in the back of the shell. There is an accessory plug in there too.
 
thumper_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
If Thumper's come up missing, I didn't take them :angel:
Feel free to drop by! My house is easy to find--it's the one with the Ford in the driveway that has a bunch of red/blue LED's, and the phrase "Police Interceptor" on the trunk. In the backyard, you'll find the German Shepard. Once inside, you'll be greeted by the wife--who just really loves her Glock.

See ya soon!

:P
Feel free to drop by! My house is easy to find--it's the one with the Ford in the driveway that has a bunch of red/blue LED's, and the phrase "Police Interceptor" on the trunk. In the backyard, you'll find the German Shepard. Once inside, you'll be greeted by the wife--who just really loves her Glock.

See ya soon!

:P
Ha Ha! I think the "Police Interceptor" refers to Mad Max?

Nice!!!!
 
dagersh_imp said:
thumper_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
If Thumper's come up missing, I didn't take them :angel:
Feel free to drop by! My house is easy to find--it's the one with the Ford in the driveway that has a bunch of red/blue LED's, and the phrase "Police Interceptor" on the trunk. In the backyard, you'll find the German Shepard. Once inside, you'll be greeted by the wife--who just really loves her Glock.

See ya soon!

:P
Feel free to drop by! My house is easy to find--it's the one with the Ford in the driveway that has a bunch of red/blue LED's, and the phrase "Police Interceptor" on the trunk. In the backyard, you'll find the German Shepard. Once inside, you'll be greeted by the wife--who just really loves her Glock.

See ya soon!

:P
Ha Ha! I think the "Police Interceptor" refers to Mad Max?

Nice!!!!
Feel free to drop by! My house is easy to find--it's the one with the Ford in the driveway that has a bunch of red/blue LED's, and the phrase "Police Interceptor" on the trunk. In the backyard, you'll find the German Shepard. Once inside, you'll be greeted by the wife--who just really loves her Glock.

See ya soon!

:P
Ha Ha! I think the "Police Interceptor" refers to Mad Max?

Nice!!!!
He might be Mad Max for all I know. BUT I do know I'm NOT going to find out!! :s
 
Back
Top