Has this place finally driven me over the edge?

VTR you should understand more than most. You got mad at the RLET for not going on so easy. So you rode with one and the heavens opened up and ypur new bike got all wet. realizing the error of your ways, you relaxed, the second RLET went right on and the sun came out.

I take that as a sign.
 
Mr. Ferret: amazingly said. Once both RLETs in place I found peace and harmony. I have a second set of RLETs stashed away just in case.

It really puzzles me if Honda in Japan sees unexpected growth of sales of this tiny and unimportant part and if they do any conclusions:-)
 
Thread starter
VTR1000F_imp said:
Mr. Ferret: amazingly said. Once both RLETs in place I found peace and harmony. I have a second set of RLETs stashed away just in case.

It really puzzles me if Honda in Japan sees unexpected growth of sales of this tiny and unimportant part and if they do any conclusions:-)
Unimportant — are we talking about the same part?
 
I can't seem to let this go....



Does my lever look 'naked'... or does it coordinate with the chrome end
on the handlebar? I'm so conflicted...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
See, this dilemma no longer bothers Guth. What does that tell you?
 
It tells me... he's found Pure Bliss... and I'm still searching?? Or, that sweet aroma wafting in from
Colorado or Washington has taken it's toll on him. One or the other... :rolleyes:
 
Ok seriously, if the lever were actually chromed it might make a difference, but it's not. If you look at that pic you posted, black stripe on the tank, black rubber grip, black switches, black lower clutch master cylinder, black rubber boot on the mirror.. There is a actually a lot that a black lever end would coordinate with. Whether you choose to add some though is certainly your choice.
 
Yeah...you might be right. I kept looking at my levers as I was riding today. There's more black in that area of the bike than I realized. I like good design... and I'm hesitant to change much on any machine (car, boat, or bike) I buy simply because I purchased the item based a lot on it's 'design'. I'm getting weak...
That's it... The 'rubber' boot on the mirror! And it's black! That's my cue... Another set of rubbers won't kill me. Hope I can afford them. What's the part number? Never mind... it's probably in a hundred different places around here. I'll find it.
I hope I can figure out how to pay for them and get them installed before NC.. :worship:
 
Another way to look at it, $6 worth of rubber that take no tools or true skills to install that you could take off and easily sell to another member for $3 if you don't like it, so in the end it might cost you $3 to find out if it's for you or not. Cheapest farkle I can think of.
 
ride4now_imp said:
I can't seem to let this go....



Does my lever look 'naked'... or does it coordinate with the chrome end
on the handlebar? I'm so conflicted...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Leave it naked. Naked is good, honest. The RLET hides the beauty that Honda built into the ball end.
 
ride4now_imp said:
I can't seem to let this go....



Does my lever look 'naked'... or does it coordinate with the chrome end
on the handlebar? I'm so conflicted...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Is that a scratch on the tank ? If you had RLETS I probably wouldn't have noticed, or if you had RLETS, it would have been protected.
 
Thread starter
redbirds_imp said:
ride4now_imp said:
I can't seem to let this go....



Does my lever look 'naked'... or does it coordinate with the chrome end
on the handlebar? I'm so conflicted...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Leave it naked. Naked is good, honest. The RLET hides the beauty that Honda built into the ball end.
The blissful view: The RLET emphasizes and accentuates the beauty that Honda built into the bar end.
 
Back
Top